Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl feelings...

Buddy Lee

What is the record this year between the NFC and the AFC?Probably a lot closer than you would think.The last I heard the NFC had won more head to head through over half of the season.I don't know for sure that it ended up that way.You would think if the AFC was that much superior they would win out head to head.The Colts are not unbeatable, look what the Chargers did to them.Yes the Chargers, the same team the Redskins took to overtime and nearly beat, pretty much dominated the Colts.You would have to say the Colts are the NFL'S best but anything can happen in a football game.

Nothing is impossible! I think a lot of us have said that through the 90's, just to get us through the times.:laugh: If we lose I think we lose this week. If we win I think we go all the way. The SB, however, will be a major feat to accomplish, no one can deny that.

You cannot be a fan of any team. You are so negative.

You cannot be a fan of any team. You are so negative.

He's being realistic. There's nothing wrong with being a fan of the NFL AND being a fan of the Redskins. I agree with him on every count. If we make it to the SuperBowl, and I was a betting man, I'd probably put my money on the AFC team. However, logic doesn't play into fandom, and I'm not a betting man (at least not for real stakes), and I'd be talking smack about our 4th SuperBowl victory all week. But this is a worthless debate.....At least for 3 more weeks. :D

What is the record this year between the NFC and the AFC?Probably a lot closer than you would think.The last I heard the NFC had won more head to head through over half of the season.I don't know for sure that it ended up that way.You would think if the AFC was that much superior they would win out head to head.The Colts are not unbeatable, look what the Chargers did to them.Yes the Chargers, the same team the Redskins took to overtime and nearly beat, pretty much dominated the Colts.You would have to say the Colts are the NFL'S best but anything can happen in a football game.

The Redskins lost all 4 of their games against the AFC West and they probably should have won at least 3 of those. If not for a couple runs or lack of holding called on the OL, then probably the KC game too.

San Diego beat Indy but the Colts had already clinched. They didn't need to win but they came back and almost won it anyway. I think not needing to win was a huge difference since they were smoking teams the 13 previous weeks. The only team that played the Colts close and could have beaten them was at the Bengals.

But the Colts in the postseason is a different story. They never step it up and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots go to Indy and beat them. They are getting healthy now and are in better shape than they were in the playoffs last year.

Not to jump ahead or anything but what are your feelings for the NFC in the Super Bowl. I believe any NFC team that goes in will be squashed. Say the Skins do in fact make it, do we really want them going and losing in the Super Bowl? I've heard it's great to go but if one loses the big game it's like you were in last place. Take Philly for example, Super Bowl last year and 6-10 this year. The same has been done with plenty of other teams with the exception of the exceptions i.e. the Pats. What say you?

So... I guess with your fuzzy logic that the SB should be an AFC only champ run. Go back to school where you can learn the rules of FB. Why do they keep coming? Keep doubting the Skins...

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger!!!

Positive is one thing but being realistic is quite another. I asked how we could win and possibly beat the Colts. No one has yet to answer that, they have all skirted around the question.

didnt everyone say the same thing when NE first played the Rams in the SB. What happened then??? its the SB and anything can happen. the only team that cant beat the colts in the NFC would be Seattle. they have not proven anything yet this season and im not sure how people even think they are the best NFC team to begin with.

So... I guess with your fuzzy logic that the SB should be an AFC only champ run. Go back to school where you can learn the rules of FB. Why do they keep coming? Keep doubting the Skins...

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger!!!

I never said the SB in general should be an AFC champ run. Again more ASSumption and word implantation. I think the AFC is stronger than the NFC this year in particular though. See me in a few weeks with my so-called fuzzy logic.;)

didnt everyone say the same thing when NE first played the Rams in the SB. What happened then??? its the SB and anything can happen. the only team that cant beat the colts in the NFC would be Seattle. they have not proven anything yet this season and im not sure how people even think they are the best NFC team to begin with.
I believe I covered that here...
Nothing is impossible!
I have hope.:)

True it is one game and I am basing it on as much. The AFC just looks completely dominant, have you not watched any of the AFC games this season?

When the NFC had a 13 game Super Bowl Winning Streak aginstthe AFC they said that the Green Bay Packers would spank the wild card Denver Broncos. Well we see what happended in that game.

IF the Redskins make it to the superbowl I'm convinced that we could beat any of the AFC representatives...

Go Skins!

When the NFC had a 13 game Super Bowl Winning Streak aginstthe AFC they said that the Green Bay Packers would spank the wild card Denver Broncos. Well we see what happended in that game.

IF the Redskins make it to the superbowl I'm convinced that we could beat any of the AFC representatives...

Go Skins!

I gotcha, I think we have a chance, anything can really happen. Luckily enough many have come up with some examples of SB upsets. I am very hopeful, if we beat Seattle I think we go all the way.:cool:

What is the record this year between the NFC and the AFC?Probably a lot closer than you would think.
Last time I had checked near the end of the season the AFC led the NFC 31-28. Also, the AFC top 5 were 5-3 versus the NFC top 5. IMO, AFC dominance has been overstated.

----------------------

Again, not trying to troll here, but I would be quite surprised if the Redskins won the Superbowl. It's not that I think the Skins are a bad team - they most certainly are not - but trying to win nine "must win" games in a row is tough for any team. Eventually the physical and mental fatigue has to factor in.

I gotcha, I think we have a chance, anything can really happen. Luckily enough many have come up with some examples of SB upsets. I am very hopeful, if we beat Seattle I think we go all the way.:cool:

If we beat Seattle, then we are at least going to the SB IMO.

Not to jump ahead or anything but what are your feelings for the NFC in the Super Bowl. I believe any NFC team that goes in will be squashed. Say the Skins do in fact make it, do we really want them going and losing in the Super Bowl? I've heard it's great to go but if one loses the big game it's like you were in last place. Take Philly for example, Super Bowl last year and 6-10 this year. The same has been done with plenty of other teams with the exception of the exceptions i.e. the Pats. What say you?

I believe that both Denver and Buffalo were supposed to beat us down also and how did that turn out!

Positive is one thing but being realistic is quite another. I asked how we could win and possibly beat the Colts. No one has yet to answer that, they have all skirted around the question.

SD found a way to do it and GW is a much better coordinator than what they have. My guess is he will study how they did it and add his own unique schemes that he has used to build the D that won a game with only 120 yards of Offense. I believe it will be tough to stop the Indy offense but I also believe that SD laid the blueprint!

Actually, I've seen what they can do. Have you only been watching one team this year?

Look outside the box.

Did you watch what SD did to them when they were 13-0 and trying very very hard to keep their undefeated record. SD controlled their offense and the game. We have a much better D than SD.

Did you watch what SD did to them when they were 13-0 and trying very very hard to keep their undefeated record. SD controlled their offense and the game. We have a much better D than SD.
All good points.:applause: I wonder if the flawless record will mean more than a SB victory for the colts? I doubt. :laugh:

I just want to beat the Seahawks this week before thinking about the SB. I think that if we get to the SB then we have a good chance of winning. I think this because we have 2 of the best coaches at motivating and coming up with great game plans in JG and GW.

I believe that the Colts wanted to go undefeated and once you are 13-0 and so close to the record you are playing it like a playoff game and I believe the Colts played their guts out that game at home in front of their fan's and lost to a SD team that had a ground game and forced the issue with their D.

I remember back to the TB VS St Louis NFC championship game and and saw the Bucs lose 11-6 to the powerful Rams offense and I thought that they had laid down the blueprint for beating the Rams or at least slowing them down. TB was actually winning 6-5 in the 4th qtr before Prohel made a great catch for St Louis. I also believe that provided NE with a good idea of how to attack the Rams Offence.

The Colts after the loss to SD had nothing more to play for so we cannot judge based on the last 2 games, but I know they wanted to beat SD. Manning played the entire game when they had everything already locked up so if that game meant nothing to them Manning may not have finished the 1st qtr. I have NFL Sunday ticket and have watched a few Colts games and they did seem unstopable until they hit SD then they looked mortal. I believe the 49ers made us look mortal during our 14-2 run to the SB when we blew a 21-0 4th qtr lead in RFK in the NFC Championship game and a pass interferance call on Art Monk allowed us to escape 24-21. I remember thinking how lucky we were to pull that game out and then we get whacked by the Raiders 38-9.

I am a wait and see guy. I am worried about this week because even though our D played out of it's mind we still gave up(Almost) that long bomb to Sheppard at the end and if we do get a quick lead we need to play as if behind and put them away. That's what good teams do!! I hope JG does not go conservative if we get a lead because once that happens it gets tough to just turn it back on as witnessed in TB.

One more point. The Colts need to beat the Steelers 1st, which they will probably do but again Pittsburgh can control the clock with their running game. There is also the NE ghost that they may have to slay if the Patriots beat Denver. We need to win this week 1st before deceiding if we are getting our clocks cleaned in the SB.

In answer to the question would I rather not go to the SB if it meant getting destroyed by the AFC representative then the ---> Yes I still want to go!!! I do not want to lose period!!!!

Very nice post gclark84, that's what I was looking for!:cheers:

I'd still want to go to the SB, there's always that 'what if'. After thinking about it all and seeing the reaction of the media the past few weeks, I think I'd definitely want to go, even if we did lose. The media seems like it will not pick us no matter what, so what the hey, give the fans a SB moment even if it is a losing moment. I don't care what anyone says, the Washington Redskins have overcome adversity this season.

As far as Seattle, I think this game will be our toughest down the playoff stretch. If we can, somehow, pull this game off I think we go to the SB.:applause:

I agree. I think we a something like 6-0 when we lose the coin toss. !st drives usually stall anyway and I would much rather get the ball 1st after halftime.

I see that we are something like 9 point underdogs which I personally love. I think the Seahawks do respect us, however their fans and definatley the media thinks we are beneath contempt!!!

I have been reading all year how we have no chance and on more than 1 occasion that idiot sports writer for the Trenton Times Mark Eckel said that we woudl be lucky to win 6 games. I heard him on a sports talk show stating that the Eagles(1st meeting) would clean our clocks because we were the weakest team in the division. I have not heard him or the other worms that predicted our demise say much of anything lately. How do these idiots keep their jobs???? They sure attacked quick when we had only 120 yards of Offence against TB though didn't thay and how sad it was for a team with only 120 yards to win a playoff gane when maybe they could have said WOW...What a defense to still be able to win the game when the offense only produced 3 points. There are a lot of Redskin haters in the NFL and even as good a season as we have had this year I still don't see us on alot of highlights on the NFL channel??? Keep the faith... We can do this and don't even look at a Starbucks this week!!! LOL

Archived