Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Mood in DC this Week

bird_1972

I'm a bit concerned that in the fallout of our lackluster performance on offense AND the fatigue of 6 straight weeks of must-have games, that the optimism and excitement that existed before the Tampa game has dissipated somewhat.

I don't live in the DC area, but I do read the local press and based on that as well as what I've read here on ES (mostly the requisite threads complaining endlessly about the media), I'm afraid the steam has run out of the bandwagon.

Thoughts?

My mood is the same as it was last week, I'm slightly less optimistic though. It has nothing to do with the "lackluster performance." It's just that the Seahawks are a better team than the bucs, and I know the Redskins will have to play a much better game in order to win.

I'm anticipating it though. I can't wait.

The way I'm thinking about the game. My gut says seahawks, but my brain says redskins(My heart of course says Redskins too). I think this is weird though, because I think my gut should go to my team, and my brain should go for the home team with a better record. However, I think the Redskins have the intangibles going for them. They're in the right mentality after 6 straight must win games, as opposed to the seahawks who haven't played a meaningful game in 3 weeks(and haven't really played a "must-win" game all year.) The Seahawks are a team based on offense, and teams based on offense usually don't fare well once they make it to the playoffs. However, things like 13-3 and 8-0 at qwest field make me think I have to give the seahawks the edge.

Anyways. Go Redskins.

I'm concerned that Portis and Brunell are more banged up than they're letting on. Not surprising considering the efforts both have put forth during this amazing winning streak.

If we were coming off a performance like that vs. the Giants (at FedEx), I would be almost certain that we'd beat the Seahawks.

I'll be honest. What I saw in Tampa Bay scares me a little.

Nah, don't worry about the media. The people on the street are getting fired up for this weekend. Everybody got concerned about the Lack of O in FL but that's behind us. The general consensus around are office is that we have a good shot at beating Seattle.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I don't live in the DC area, but I do read the local press and based on that as well as what I've read here on ES (mostly the requisite threads complaining endlessly about the media), I'm afraid the steam has run out of the bandwagon.

Thoughts?

Like you said, you dont live in the DC area. This place is crazy excited!!!!

Like you said, you dont live in the DC area. This place is crazy excited!!!!

It's bananas here every part of the city turn on the radio and TV here people losing their minds everyone is very pumped. Fans on buses and subways sporting Skins wear cars sporting flags it's crazy..

It's bananas here every part of the city turn on the radio and TV here people losing their minds everyone is very pumped. Fans on buses and subways sporting Skins wear cars sporting flags it's crazy..

Oh man, I miss that. I moved away about 10 years ago and can remember well how nuts things get :D

Not only are the fans still psyched, but the players are too. They are out to prove that this team deserves respect. And I guarantee they will not go down without a bust-em-the-mouth fight. I think Seattle will be shocked by how physical this team is playing right now -- much more so than in the first meeting.

My mood is the same as it was last week, I'm slightly less optimistic though. It has nothing to do with the "lackluster performance." It's just that the Seahawks are a better team than the bucs, and I know the Redskins will have to play a much better game in order to win.

I'm anticipating it though. I can't wait.

The way I'm thinking about the game. My gut says seahawks, but my brain says redskins(My heart of course says Redskins too). I think this is weird though, because I think my gut should go to my team, and my brain should go for the home team with a better record. However, I think the Redskins have the intangibles going for them. They're in the right mentality after 6 straight must win games, as opposed to the seahawks who haven't played a meaningful game in 3 weeks(and haven't really played a "must-win" game all year.) The Seahawks are a team based on offense, and teams based on offense usually don't fare well once they make it to the playoffs. However, things like 13-3 and 8-0 at qwest field make me think I have to give the seahawks the edge.

Anyways. Go Redskins.

Just remember the teams they played all year and the 8-0 and 13-3 go out the window. They didn't play the same tough schedule that we had to play.

I'm a bit concerned that in the fallout of our lackluster performance on offense AND the fatigue of 6 straight weeks of must-have games, that the optimism and excitement that existed before the Tampa game has dissipated somewhat.

Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean about complaining about the media. It's something that will never go away until they proclaim the Redskins the greatest team ever! Fans will be fans afterall. Actually I think there are more like myself who believe the media bias against the Skins this weekend ( correct or not ) will only make the team play at a higher level. And as for your "loacl press" reads....dare I ask? The Washington Post? :puke: Nothing like a local paper trashing the hometeam. Exceptional fans they are! The Seahawks are using the articles on their fansite as reference!

Click Here :cuss:

According to those articles they would have the people in Seattle thinking that even Skins fans don't believe they can win! I would expect that garbage in a Seattle print not DC. :doh: If you ask me, all Redskins and their faithful should cancel their subscriptions to this paper forever if they haven't alreadyIt's a disgrace.

:seahawksu :point2sky

Its possible that our offense is a little beaten up after the six straight, portis and brunnel especially. Our defense however I dont think gets tired, they have been laying wood out there since week1 preseason. They practice hard too, a lot of players say they practice harder then any other team in the NFL. Last week they only had six days to heal, this week we have seven and are at nearly full health. Some starters for Seattle havent played in weeks, this gives us an advantage not a disadvantage, except for in the case of brunell and portis IMO.

Thoughts?

skins hats in the subway...skins jackets on the metro bus....skins flags on every other car...kids wearing skins jerseys to school...skins on 24/7 on comcast sports net...all radio stations pumping skins everywhere....

if your sense of lack of excitment...its cuz you in NY and prolly a GIANTS FAN who is now depressed cuz your team bend over and bit leather...either that or your not really a skins fan

I'm very nervous about this game. The Seahawks have a terrific quarterback and the MVP in the league. We've played our guts out to get this far. I wonder what's left in the tank. It's funny......I'm worried that we'll lose Saturday, but if we win, I honestly think we can go all the way to the Super Bowl.

if your sense of lack of excitment...its cuz you in NY and prolly a GIANTS FAN who is now depressed cuz your team bend over and bit leather...either that or your not really a skins fan

Bite your tongue, son. I've been on this site a lot longer than you.

Just asking about the mood in the hometown. Don't be a piece of :pooh: about it.

Archived