Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone notice???(NFL's Playoff Commercial)

IrepDC

Did anyone else notice that in this years official playoff commercial only 11 playoff teams are shown? The only team that isn't shown is our Washington Redskins. I waited until I saw the commercial a few times and every time I watched there is not ONE clip of our team. Maybe it's just me, but like I said I've watched the commercial closely 3-4 times and still haven't seen our team.

Normally I am not the type to comment on this board about the lack of respect our team gets, but, when I realized we were left out of the OFFICIAL NFL playoff commercial I had to comment. I mean that's just messed up. I wonder if anyone on the team has noticed this.

Check out ABC's Super Bowl promo commercial. It shows past SB head coaches getting carried off of the field or celebrating after the game. All of the big names are shown..........all but one. No footage of Gibbs is shown after any of his SB wins. I couldn't believe it.

Check out ABC's Super Bowl promo commercial. It shows past SB head coaches getting carried off of the field or celebrating after the game. All of the big names are shown..........all but one. No footage of Gibbs is shown after any of his SB wins. I couldn't believe it.

I noticed it too. Even more reason for Coach to win one more Super Bowl!

To tell you the truth i actually kind of like it when we are the under dog. And lets face it we are the under dog. That does not mean that we don't deserve respect. It just means that there is very little respect to be had when most of the media hate your team.

From what i hear any way most of the movers and shakers in the television industry are cowboy fans anyway.

To tell you the truth i actually kind of like it when we are the under dog. And lets face it we are the under dog. That does not mean that we don't deserve respect. It just means that there is very little respect to be had when most of the media hate your team.

From what i hear any way most of the movers and shakers in the television industry are cowboy fans anyway.

Oh now I can see why they are bitter :laugh::laugh:

Last night on NFL Network they played a video set to The Rolling Stones, "She’s So Cold". Throughout the entire video they showed just three Redskins clips; 1) Moss touchdown in the first Dallas game, 2) Brunell rolling out and throwing and 3) When the Stones were singing “…when you're old, when you're old, nobody will know…” they showed a not so flattering video of Coach Gibbs looking old, and one other current player with grey hair. Pretty rude, if you ask me. :)

I honestly don't think that anyone in the media thought that the Skins would be able to scrap this well. A hungry team that has a punishing defense is not as "entertaining" as the high scorers (even though the Redskins are capable of putting up points). The media is all about hype, and old-school football just isn't what the networks are trying to sell. I've been real happy just being able to celebrate these awesome wins that our players have given us. Skins fans are wearing their colors proudly and have had a dynamic year with the resurgence of this team. It would be kinda cool to see more Skins players recognized though. Skins: Swept Dallas and Philly, got revenge on the Giants and Bucs, and are going to be a feared team real soon even if the media isn't ready for them!!

:logo:

It's not a secret that the Skins are being written out of the NFL landscape; there are simply too many PC people in the mainstream media who don't like the name. I actually kind of like it as it creates an even stronger us vs. them attitude; who really wants the bandwagon fans from Montana and Kentucky anyway? Send those guys to Dallas, I prefer to keep it local.

I figured you guys knew that by now. The NFL hates the Redskins. They do not like the owner and the way the team operates. They know the team brings in money, which they love, but as long as we lose they are okay. The NFL fully understands the dedication of the Washington fan base but could care less about the team's exposure on commercials representing the league. It sucks but true.

Honestly? I don't mind it at all. Why? What the mediots are not swift enough to see is the ignoring of the Skins as a good team adds fuel to the Skins fire. Its motivation. The other teams might as well have said something to place on the Skins bulliten board! So no, I don't mind seeing the media snubs. The only time the Skins "Layed an egg" this season was in the G-men shutout. That was after a week of media sucking up to the Skins following a 52-17 win over SF. I don't want it. I'll gladly take a 21-20 win this week. Keep flying *UNDER* the media radar. The Skins already have had a successful season. Even if it stops Saturday. If gambling? The Skins are playing with house money.

I Have Noticed That There R Alot Of Playa Hatin With Da Redskins Not Just With Da Media But Also N Da Stores Here N New Jersey.all Da Malls Have Every Football Teams Hats,n Clothing Xcept For Da Redskins.as Long As Da Redskins R Winning People Can Only Be Blind For A Minute

A lot of people just plain don't like the CITY of Washington either, since we are the most important city in the world. We represent power, government, and D.C. is where people send their taxes to, and where political scandals erupt. It's ridiculous that the Redskins bear the brunt of some of the anti-Washington sentiment out there, but I think that's a small factor in all this. Plus, we're the all-mighty city with the all-mighty football owner, Dan Synder, with all-mighty fans and a 20-year wait list for season tickets, and I think people like to root against that.

As a native Washingtonian, I of course love all that stuff -- we are such a badass franchise -- but I can see how others might dislike us.

Whatever... guess we'll have to shock the world again on Saturday!

I Have Noticed That There R Alot Of Playa Hatin With Da Redskins Not Just With Da Media But Also N Da Stores Here N New Jersey.all Da Malls Have Every Football Teams Hats,n Clothing Xcept For Da Redskins.as Long As Da Redskins R Winning People Can Only Be Blind For A Minute

Yo, dats cuz all da 'Skins gear iz sold out, yo! Don't worry 'bout tha hatahs... :D

who cares ... espn hates us bla bla bla .. the nfl/media/everyone is discriminating against us bla bla bla. who gives two turds? if we win, we win, if we dont, we dont. it doesnt matter who says what or shows what or any of this petty crap everyones talking about.

Archived