Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like rain for gameday

kwitt

I think this type of condition doesn't really help either team. If either team was much more pass-oriented, then they'd be at a disadvantage.

However, the best RB in the league is on their team and we live and die with our 1,500 yard back.

I would call the weather advantage a push...if anything it would help us a bit because we probably pass less than they do.

I thought they had one of those retractable roof stadiums. If so, it shouldn't matter too much.

yep. plus they have the new grass-turf. no muddin' it this weekend, regardless.

if that were possible, though i think it gives us an advantage. i think our secondary is faster than theirs, so moss would have a better time of breaking off routes and being wide open. i think they wouldn't really have the same advantage on their side, or as much of one anyway.

i expect the roof will be closed, especially if the league has anything to say about it. you know how they get with making the games pretty...

yep. plus they have the new grass-turf. no muddin' it this weekend, regardless.

if that were possible, though i think it gives us an advantage. i think our secondary is faster than theirs, so moss would have a better time of breaking off routes and being wide open. i think they wouldn't really have the same advantage on their side, or as much of one anyway.

i expect the roof will be closed, especially if the league has anything to say about it. you know how they get with making the games pretty...

They DO NOT have a retractable roof!!!!!!

Actually, depending on how HEAVY the rain is (it's been raining for weeks and it's been heavier than it usually is, but sometimes it's a mist) the conditions are actually good for passing. Why?

Because the defense slips and the offense knows where it's going, the defense is guessing or reacting which puts them at a disadvantage in slippery conditions.

That's a great point. Also, if it's pouring rain, both teams have to run. And they both KNOW they both have to run. So, both defenses key the run, and our run defense is better than Seattle's.

Same, also, having some experience with sound quality, the rain will block and absorb some of the sound...dampening it. Probably wont make a huge difference, but Seattle's stadium is built strictly for sound.

It will help santana more than the larger recievers. Their DBs will need to react to a speedy guy which can be HUGE for our passing game. Their WRs are bigger which has some advantages, but our DBs arent as in big of a risk of giving up the big play as they are.

Archived