Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawks Fans Aren't Realists.....

jdeichert2636

My brother is a huge Seahawks fan and I also have another friend that is a Seahawks fan. I asked them in all seriousness if they were even the least bit worried and they both flat out told me NO. We beat them in week 4 but they think it was a fluke since they had a chance to win. Now last night my brother is telling me that he would be SHOCKED if the Seahawks don't beat the Skins by at least 2 touchdowns. :wtf: Man did I jump all over that bet. We live in Dallas so I bet him a Rangers game that the Redskins would not lose by 2 or more Touchdowns (if at all). Even my stepmom thought that the Seahawks would win by at least that much. She is a Raiders fan so she's got Norvturneritis I think. :shot:

I'll admit, I'm concerned that we might lose. The Seahawks have a lot of weapons. I am, however, very confident in our abilities and I think that we can beat these guys. When I saw the post about the Seahawks only beating 3 teams with winning records, I was licking my chops. That is, by far, the most intriguing post about the Hawks I've seen yet. Anyhow, I just thought I would share that with you guys so you could have a little laugh. I'm confident in our guys and I can't wait to hear what the media has to say after a Redskins win. We beat Tampa and all I hear are negative thoughts on the Skins. I can't wait to get this party started! :dj:

My brother is a huge Seahawks fan and I also have another friend that is a Seahawks fan. I asked them in all seriousness if they were even the least bit worried and they both flat out told me NO. We beat them in week 4 but they think it was a fluke since they had a chance to win. Now last night my brother is telling me that he would be SHOCKED if the Seahawks don't beat the Skins by at least 2 touchdowns. :wtf: Man did I jump all over that bet. We live in Dallas so I bet him a Rangers game that the Redskins would not lose by 2 or more Touchdowns (if at all). Even my stepmom thought that the Seahawks would win by at least that much. She is a Raiders fan so she's got Norvturneritis I think. :shot:

I'll admit, I'm concerned that we might lose. The Seahawks have a lot of weapons. I am, however, very confident in our abilities and I think that we can beat these guys. When I saw the post about the Seahawks only beating 3 teams with winning records, I was licking my chops. That is, by far, the most intriguing post about the Hawks I've seen yet. Anyhow, I just thought I would share that with you guys so you could have a little laugh. I'm confident in our guys and I can't wait to hear what the media has to say after a Redskins win. We beat Tampa and all I hear are negative thoughts on the Skins. I can't wait to get this part started! :dj:

They still don't understand that they had the easiest schedule????What idiots!!! When we beat them it will be so much fun!

Well, I get sick of hearing "we should've won. The Missed FG is the reason we didn't" Well, it was a pass tipped by a redskin that caused the interception that set up the missed FG. The Missed FG is a lame ecuse because they were given that chance to kick it. The game is made up of offense, defense and special teams. Not the one play people like to pick to reinforce their fraile argument.

Don't start the party before you win the game. Just a friendly piece of advice.

No, you are right. They may have had the easiest schedule, and they may be professional choke artist's, BUT the Law of Averages is against us this week, and we need to play the best ball we have ever played to beat it. Im not worried about the Seahawks. Any team can be beaten any given Sunday. Im worried about the Law of Averages. We have won 6 in a row, own the Seahawks, Seahawks havent been to the playoffs in FOREVER. They are due says the Law of Averages, I just hope that them being choke artists is more of a curse then a trend. (this whole post is based on superstition, dont mind me)

With all that said, I think we match up well against the Seahawks. Our corners will keep their WR's quiet (Springs, back, Taylor playing, Rodgers back) Our D-line should pressure the QB, and if we can run Portis with success, then Moss and Cooley will get theirs.

Believe it or not, I am not underestimating the Skins. I know they are capable of winning big if everything clicks. And if the Seahawks come out flat, they could very well lose.

But I gotta tell ya, it seems like about 85% of the Skins posters here are really deluding themselves with irrelevant and obsolete factoids. For example:

Gibbs is coach -- but he was coach last year when you went 6-10.

Seahawks haven't won a playoff game since '84 -- so what? We're in this year.

Redskins are have won the last four games against the Seahawks -- So what? That was then, this is now.

Redskins beat Seahawks in week 4. Yet people turn around and say that was a different team. And after that, Redskins lost several games including being shut out against the Giants, a fact MANY Skins posters forget when they're telling us how they beat the Giants so much better than we did.

It's all irrelevant! It's all ancient history. Now, it's all about what both teams can put on the field on Saturday.

Something just struck me.................. It must be the dark colored helmets with bird team names. They have a history of choking in big games..........

Look at Philly and the Hawks playoff records.......................:laugh:

Well, I get sick of hearing "we should've won. The Missed FG is the reason we didn't" Well, it was a pass tipped by a redskin that caused the interception that set up the missed FG. The Missed FG is a lame ecuse because they were given that chance to kick it. The game is made up of offense, defense and special teams. Not the one play people like to pick to reinforce their fraile argument.

It's funny how they weren't singing the same tune when AJ Feeley missed 3 feild goals when they beat the Giants.

Believe it or not, I am not underestimating the Skins. I know they are capable of winning big if everything clicks. And if the Seahawks come out flat, they could very well lose.

But I gotta tell ya, it seems like about 85% of the Skins posters here are really deluding themselves with irrelevant and obsolete factoids. For example:

Redskins are have won the last four games against the Seahawks -- So what? That was then, this is now.

Redskins beat Seahawks in week 4. Yet people turn around and say that was a different team. And after that, Redskins lost several games including being shut out against the Giants, a fact MANY Skins posters forget when they're telling us how they beat the Giants so much better than we did.

It's all irrelevant! It's all ancient history. Now, it's all about what both teams can put on the field on Saturday.

Seriously though, its the playoffs and we are past the "wait and see" attitude for our team. Now is the time for us to be diluded, for us to stand up and be the 12th man, even when we wont be at the stadium. I could see you having a problem with this kind of talk in the regular season because we have always had close games, but its the playoffs brother, and this teams fans are hype! The ones I have a problem with are the ones who say we will steam roll you guys flat. those are the same ones who said we would steam roll the Eagles. But its about time Redskins fans started backing their team, we havent had this chance since 1999, its kinda new to the younger fans, and something the older fans havent done in a while. :)

How is it that you remember the several games we lost after playing you and yet the 6 in a row that we've just won seem to have completely slipped your mind? I've seen you take people to task about "not starting the party to early" yet I look around and it's your seahawk buddies that have just wandered in and to a lesser extent you that seem to walking around here like you've alreasy got the W in your pocket.If you really believe that the tampa games offensive output is all we got then you're deluding yourself or you just havent been paying attention the rest of the season. Bottom line is this though. We BELIEVE in our team. You might think you could change some minds around here. Not gonna happen. You love your team. Good for you. Now get to steppin'

Woulda, coulda shoulda won reg. season game newsflash Seahawk fans you didn't win I recall way back in wk 2 our hated rival Cowboys all their fans were talking about it was a fluke we dominated you in wk 2 umm what happen in the second match up ? My point is let these fans think it will be a cakewalk they will be highly disappointed. I'm sure the team has read and heard this already they can't possibly win this game.

I'm hoping for the best, but I figure the Redskins are in a no-lose position. Let's say we lose against the Seahawks. That means we finally lost on the road to the team with the best record in the NFC after six consecutive tough wins which we HAD to make to get to the playoffs. I think if the defense plays as well as they did against the Bucs, we have the chance to pull off an upset, but if we really want to win, then the offense will have to do more than just "hold 'em." (That's based on something Sam Huff once told the Giant offense when they were changing sides in the 50's.)

Eddie Cunningham :2cents: :seahawksu

:allhail:

Blue Talon is right.

Any given Sunday....

But we have been dead men walking since our 11th game, and we've got nothing to lose. We are the underdog, in your house, with pretty much no one giving us a chance to win. Just like most of the rest of this season.

There are ZERO expectations on the Skins in this one.

HAIL!!!!!!!

Well, I am by no means sold on a victory this weekend, the game is, afterall, in Seattle. However, some of your observations are off base. Gibbs was coach last year that is true, but you do realize it was his FIRST year back and not his team or players he was working with. I know you are not that foolish to believe that logic. If it was his 2nd, 3rd or 4th year I would agree, but it wasn't.

There is something to be said for your team not winning any playoff games, or beating the Skins. If the game gets tough... a tiny thought will start creeping into the minds of the players... 'ut oh, here we go again'... This can weigh heavy on your chances if it comes to be. We experienced it with the Cowboys for years until this season.

We both beat the Giants at home. Not much to that one.

The BIG factor IMO is the FACT that you have only beaten 3 winning teams all year, and those games where very close. You have had a cakewalk schedule and have not been battle tested much, if at all. That could be huge this weekend.

The other BIG factor is defense wins championships. We got all the D. You got all the O. We'll see how that plays out... ;)

But I gotta tell ya, it seems like about 85% of the Skins posters here are really deluding themselves with irrelevant and obsolete factoids.

Blue Talon, with all due respect, and I say this because you're an established member of this site regardless of who you root for, but THIS IS A SKINS SITE! If 85% of the Skins posters are deluded because they look at their team through rose-colored glasses, what does that say about all of the hawks posters. What exactly are the pertinent facts that they're going by? How many playo...scratch that - how many quality wins have they had THIS season? You know the answer just like we do.

I honestly think the majority of the members here know that this weekend is going to be a tough game and the hawks are a good football team. They are not, however, the juggernaut that the media claims they are. They're not going to roll over the Skins. No one is giving the Skins a chance in hell - we obviously feel differently and rightly so. Our record isn't exactly a pushover either. So maybe some of us post with a chip on our shoulder. Can you blame us? This site is for Skins fans.

I like that everyone is betting against them though - not any different from the whole season and the Skins have responded with win after win. I hope everyone keeps counting us out...right up until they have no idea what hit them. It's alwyas too late by then. :) :logo:

How is it that you remember the several games we lost after playing you and yet the 6 in a row that we've just won seem to have completely slipped your mind? I've seen you take people to task about "not starting the party to early" yet I look around and it's your seahawk buddies that have just wandered in and to a lesser extent you that seem to walking around here like you've alreasy got the W in your pocket.If you really believe that the tampa games offensive output is all we got then you're deluding yourself or you just havent been paying attention the rest of the season. Bottom line is this though. We BELIEVE in our team. You might think you could change some minds around here. Not gonna happen. You love your team. Good for you. Now get to steppin'
You completely missed my point. The six-in-a-row you just won did NOT slip my mind. Those games are irrelevant NOW. Your midseason looses are irrlelvant. Your early season undefeated streak is irrelevant. Our record is irrelevant, other than for seeding purposes. It's all done, gone, history. The ONLY thing that counts now is what happens on Saturday.

The W is not in our pocket. Neither is it in yours. And my comment about not starting the party just yet wasn't anything resembling taking people to task -- it was a friendly little admonition to some of your fellow Skins fans who seem to think they have the W in their pockets.

You believe in your team -- GOOD!!! I believe in my team, too. And I'm under no illusion about changing anyone's mind around here. I'm just here to talk football and cheer on my Seahawks.

Oh, yes, there have been a few Seahawk idjits cruising through here -- sorry 'bout that. Nothing I can do except chew them out for being disrespectful or refer them to a mod. A couple of them I would gladly stick up a horse's ***, except for I don't want the animals' rights crowd after me.

Blue Talon, with all due respect, and I say this because you're an established member of this site regardless of who you root for, but THIS IS A SKINS SITE! If 85% of the Skins posters are deluded because they look at their team through rose-colored glasses, what does that say about all of the hawks posters. What exactly are the pertinent facts that they're going by? How many playo...scratch that - how many quality wins have they had THIS season? You know the answer just like we do.

I honestly think the majority of the members here know that this weekend is going to be a tough game and the hawks are a good football team. They are not, however, the juggernaut that the media claims they are. They're not going to roll over the Skins. No one is giving the Skins a chance in hell - we obviously feel differently and rightly so. Our record isn't exactly a pushover either. So maybe some of us post with a chip on our shoulder. Can you blame us? This site is for Skins fans.

I like that everyone is betting against them though - not any different from the whole season and the Skins have responded with win after win. I hope everyone keeps counting us out...right up until they have no idea what hit them. It's alwyas too late by then. :) :logo:

Perhaps I didn't communicate as clearly as I would have prefered. Trust me, I have NO PROBLEM with fans and homers! However, there have been quite a number here (not 85%) who have sort of a hands-over-ears "LA LA LA" quality to their posts. And you're right, it's absolutely true that many of the Seahawk posters have had that same quality. It's embarrassing. :cool:

The best posts, in my opinion, are the ones that give the reasons for optimism, focusing on the teams themselves rather than historical trivia. But optimism does not equal comments about sucking, or no chance of winning, etc.

And just so we're clear, I'll give you my philosophy about wins and losses. You might have seen this before, if so I'm sorry.

There are no lower case w's, there are only W's. I don't ever make the argument that we should have beat you when we played you the first time, because the bottom line is that we didn't do what we needed to do to win. On that day, the Redskins did what they needed to do to win. Therefore they deserved it. When we beat the Cowboys, we did what we needed to do to stay in the game, and in the end, we did what we needed to do to win. Same with the Giants. (The only thing I'd throw in about that particular win was that the crowd made a big difference -- it figured out how to flip that last switch and turn it up another notch during that game. result -- 11 false start penalties.) Football is a game of inches, a game of seconds, and a game of luck.

It's also a game that is week to week. That's why you could lose your butts to the Giants in one game and win convincingly in another game. It's why the 49ers could play us well enough to scare us one week and blow up in the next. Did we play a week schedule? Yes, we did. But we beat the teams we were supposed to beat, and in previous years we haven't done that. But you never know who's going to be strong or weak at the beginning of the season. If someone had told you at the beginning of the season that you'd get more respect for beating the Seahawks or Bears than for beating the Eagles, you'd have probably thought he was nuts. But that's the way it turned out. I can't help that our schedule was populated with teams that turned out to be weak. Heck, we weren't even picked to win our division this year! Most people were picking the Cardinals, others were picking the Rams. Go figure.

Anyway, I do NOT begrudge Redskins fans the right to be homers, especially on their own fan website. If I came accross that way earlier, I apologize.

Archived