Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar on Sports talk 980 at 4

skinstzar

i agree with this guy he should have been fined for that hit against sean taylor man that was more messed up

p.s. i didn't know we were the most hated team by officials

We have made a lot of noise at the league office. I would hope that doesn't translate on the field though.

Okay here is what is being said

JT talking about how his whole house was elated when LA made the pick. Congratulating LA on the birth of his daugter. He is currently outside the hosptial. Marlee Arrington is the girls name.

LA says he just got back and hung out with the fans. As soon as he got home her water broke. Said he was tired and didn't believe her.

Q: JT says he loves LA but said LA should never play RB

A: LA says part of excepting yourself is except what you can't do anymore and he acknowledges he was awkward holding the ball. Says it has been so long since he had the ball in his hands

Doc giving him credit for working with injuries. Jack Hamm said Lavar went 103 yards in high school like a flash.

LA says he needs an offseason to excersize and he is starting to feel quick again. LA said he would have taken that to the house in the past. Says he needs an offseason to get back to full strenghth.

LA jokingly says he wanted CP to get the TD.

Q: When did it sink in that you finally got your first playoff W.

A: On the plane when he saw how everyone was interacting. Theisman gave him a big hug. Feels good

Q: Talk about your defensive unit.

A: The thing that has been the heart and soul of our unit has been the D-line. They have endured quite a bit of criticism. They always plug away, work hard even when they are hurt. They give an all out effort every week. There is nothing greater than seeing theme get their dues. They have been playing serious ball and it is starting to show up in the stat columns

Q: What did you see about the ST incident? What did you do to adjust

A: When you are out there talking a lot of trash a lot of things may come out of your mouth. Doesn't think that ST spit. Thinks they were hollaring and screaming at each other. First thing LA would have done is wipe the spit off and then he would have gone harder than Pittman did. He think there would have been a lot more to it if it was really spit. Sean plays with a lot of intensity. Sometimes people lable you and look for things.

By loosing him they had to make up for his lost range. They had to make up for someone who can cover a little bit over half a field. They started moving more towards nickel packages, added an extra Dback.

Q: How has this team been able to win 6 in a row

A: The thing they set their mind on is just to play. Stop worrying about winning two games in a row. Guys were scared that they were wasting an opportunity. They wanted to have this group of guys who are special. They didn't want that situation to slip away. Guys really believed that this group is special and can win not just be competitive. It has been building and they believe they are tough to deal with.

Q: You lose Wynn. How do you deal with Alexander

A: It is always going to be a daunting challenge to stop MVP. It is like the Colts vs Pats last year. A highpowered O that goes up against a gritty team that just plays football. We know they have a dangerous weapon in SA. They have the best LT outside of Chris Samuels in the game. Great staff. They feel like this team is going to go out there and trade helmets. See who come out.

Q: Are you guys compensating for the Offense

A: We have been doing that as a family for the entire run. There have been games where the offense has been compensating for the defense. On Saturday they were playing the number one D and they had a tough outing. By no means does that mean they aren't a good Offense. Clinton is banged up but he is a warrior and will play at a high level. Brunell has shown he can run for a first down even hurt. This team is going to carry each other. The numbers weren't there but they did what they needed to do. Giving credit to how good Tampa's D is.

Q: What was the feeling like when you saw all the skins fans in the stand?

A: I know this is something our fans have been waiting for a long time. I feel like we have the greatest fans ever. They support us wherever we are at. The amount of fans at RP was unbelievable. He hasn't had a chance as a Redskins to see this. It kinda seems like the attitude of the fans, team and media is moving towards one of those magical years.

Doc is telling him that you will get to the promise land. JT asked him to go by and talk with ST. Lavar said ST will be alright.

Done,

Hey thanks so much skinstzar! Those of us who missed it are greatful for the recap! :notworthy

No problem. I can only imagine the whirlwind that is Lavar Arrington's life right now. Hopefully the Karma wheel is spinning in his favor now. I also can't really demonstrate how emphatic he was about ST being a good guy and how he was behind him. GW and LA impressed me with how they have stuck by ST.

Okay here is what is being said...

...It kinda seems like the attitude of the fans, team and media is moving towards one of those magical years.

First off, thanks for the recap, great job.

Second, did anyone else get chills when they read this part?

Man, oh man...

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

Question- when he was commenting on the D, were his words "we" or "they".......just curious.

Amazing how atitudes change when things turn around. I imagine with a successful season and stability at coaching things may be turning around for the better for him. And oh yeah, the media overhyped alot of crap about him. I was even on the bandwagon of getting rid of him but it seems the last couple of weeks he's just played ball.

As far as exercise and speed I bet his speed strength is down since he spent the offseason layed up on the sofa and not working out. This is why it takes two years to fully recover from serious surgery. the first offseason is spent lying around and recovering or doing rehab just to get you mobile again and you finally get to spend the next offseason regaining your speed and strength.

one thing I was very encouraged about was his post game interview I watched on Redskins.com TV. They asked him how it felt to go out and have such a great game after all the stuff he's been through all season. He said that it's funny how getting back out there and finally getting a playoff win has just kind of made all the things he thought were bad this season fade away. He flashed the trademark smile. I think there's hope for him. I believe he'll offer to re-work his contract and stay with us. I want him here.

Okay here is what is being said

JT talking about how his whole house was elated when LA made the pick. Congratulating LA on the birth of his daugter. He is currently outside the hosptial. Marlee Arrington is the girls name.

LA says he just got back and hung out with the fans. As soon as he got home her water broke. Said he was tired and didn't believe her.

Q: JT says he loves LA but said LA should never play RB

A: LA says part of excepting yourself is except what you can't do anymore and he acknowledges he was awkward holding the ball. Says it has been so long since he had the ball in his hands

Doc giving him credit for working with injuries. Jack Hamm said Lavar went 103 yards in high school like a flash.

LA says he needs an offseason to excersize and he is starting to feel quick again. LA said he would have taken that to the house in the past. Says he needs an offseason to get back to full strenghth.

LA jokingly says he wanted CP to get the TD.

Q: When did it sink in that you finally got your first playoff W.

A: On the plane when he saw how everyone was interacting. Theisman gave him a big hug. Feels good

Q: Talk about your defensive unit.

A: The thing that has been the heart and soul of our unit has been the D-line. They have endured quite a bit of criticism. They always plug away, work hard even when they are hurt. They give an all out effort every week. There is nothing greater than seeing theme get their dues. They have been playing serious ball and it is starting to show up in the stat columns

Q: What did you see about the ST incident? What did you do to adjust

A: When you are out there talking a lot of trash a lot of things may come out of your mouth. Doesn't think that ST spit. Thinks they were hollaring and screaming at each other. First thing LA would have done is wipe the spit off and then he would have gone harder than Pittman did. He think there would have been a lot more to it if it was really spit. Sean plays with a lot of intensity. Sometimes people lable you and look for things.

By loosing him they had to make up for his lost range. They had to make up for someone who can cover a little bit over half a field. They started moving more towards nickel packages, added an extra Dback.

Q: How has this team been able to win 6 in a row

A: The thing they set their mind on is just to play. Stop worrying about winning two games in a row. Guys were scared that they were wasting an opportunity. They wanted to have this group of guys who are special. They didn't want that situation to slip away. Guys really believed that this group is special and can win not just be competitive. It has been building and they believe they are tough to deal with.

Q: You lose Wynn. How do you deal with Alexander

A: It is always going to be a daunting challenge to stop MVP. It is like the Colts vs Pats last year. A highpowered O that goes up against a gritty team that just plays football. We know they have a dangerous weapon in SA. They have the best LT outside of Chris Samuels in the game. Great staff. They feel like this team is going to go out there and trade helmets. See who come out.

Q: Are you guys compensating for the Offense

A: We have been doing that as a family for the entire run. There have been games where the offense has been compensating for the defense. On Saturday they were playing the number one D and they had a tough outing. By no means does that mean they aren't a good Offense. Clinton is banged up but he is a warrior and will play at a high level. Brunell has shown he can run for a first down even hurt. This team is going to carry each other. The numbers weren't there but they did what they needed to do. Giving credit to how good Tampa's D is.

Q: What was the feeling like when you saw all the skins fans in the stand?

A: I know this is something our fans have been waiting for a long time. I feel like we have the greatest fans ever. They support us wherever we are at. The amount of fans at RP was unbelievable. He hasn't had a chance as a Redskins to see this. It kinda seems like the attitude of the fans, team and media is moving towards one of those magical years.

Doc is telling him that you will get to the promise land. JT asked him to go by and talk with ST. Lavar said ST will be alright.

Done,

I missed everything yesterday, so I really appreciate this. Thanks. :applause:

Archived