Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawks 5th in NFL in run defense, but stats can be deceiving.

GSF

Interesting. GSF and Fred Jones are among the few who acknowledge Seattle's 12th man. Most of the Redskins fans here think there's no way Qwest can compare with Fedex in that regard. I think that's partly due to hometown pride, and partly due to the fact that Fedex seats over 90 thousand. Less than 70 thousand in Qwest. I think it's because of the design of the roof sections, I've heard something about the fans sitting closer to the field there than in other stadiums -- but whatever the reason, when the fans get cranked up in there, the results are astounding. The Redskins WILL be finding out about it firsthand. Whether they can be successful in spite of the noise, or if the noise will cause problems remains to be seen...

I've watched parts of several Seahawks game on directv. That stadium looks very nice, and you guys have good fans.

We will kick your sea chicken butts and send you home for the playoffs your chicken's are going to get cooked we don't even need our O on the field your schedule was cupcake sorry the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.
That's like deja vu all over again!

Just so you know, we are fully aware of what the Redskins are capable of. There is no rude awakening to be had on this end, as we are already alert. But if you are allowing yourself to think that because we played some weaker teams that the Seahawks are not a good team, you just might have your own rude awakening in a few days.

I was talking about the Seahawks team, not the fans. Unless your Coach Holmgren or something, and if thats the case shouldn't you be working on that gameplan rather than hanging with us Redskins fans? :silly:

There is something to be said for a team that has the same coach for 7 seasons and has never won a playoff game with that coach.

Well, you might say that they're overdue. :laugh:

Seriously, the Seahawks are not a team that you can afford to look past - they have some good players, and a significant home-field advantage.

Luckily, Joe Gibbs isn't about to let his players get overconfident - especially in light of the offensive output versus Tampa.

Good post. I've noticed this year that Seattle has a great home field advantage. Great fans, wet weather, and a long trip for just about anyone coming. Seattle's 12th man is right up their with the Skin's 12th man in Fedex. Skins fans have been great this year b/c it's been so long since they've had a championship team. Seattle's fans have been great this year b/c they've never had a championship team, but think they might this year.

Surprisingly, I believe it has only rained one time on game day since Qwest field opened. But it's a long flight, and the stadium is LOUD.

Archived