Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we defending Sean Taylor?

Hail26

Don't get me wrong, I am as big a Skins/ Sean Taylor fan as it gets...but IF Sean Taylor actually did spit on Pittman, why are we defending him? I am a huge Oriole fan as well, and when Roberto Alomar spit on the Umpire, I wanted him banned from the post season....

Spitting on people is not "being a Redskin" and Joe Gibbs will have none of that. Just my opinion. If someone on another team spit on one of the Redskins, we would all be outraged and want them banned from the league.

GO SKINS! BEAT SEATTLE!

HAIL!

If he did it then it was a fair punishment. If he didn't it was screwed. It isn't about defending the act, but finding out the truth and making appropriate judgements. Even if he did it I still would say it would be innapropriate to try to lynch him like a lot of trolls have done. Everyone is a little dirtier on the football field.

The ref was looking right at him so I would think we would take his words over Sean's. Wilbon in the paper even said that the ref mentioned Pittman would not get a penalty in result because ST's spit. TJ of the bengals even said when he played in Washington last year that ST spit in his face as well.

So it doesn't look good for ST and if he did why would he lie to the coach, that I don't like. :doh:

Agree with dsciambi. Pitman initiated the argument, initiated the physical contact (bumping), and in the replay you don't see either the spitting or any kind of "what the..." jerk back. We're waiting for proof that it was an intentional insult versus a result of yelling. Besides that, we're fans and we got to stick up for our guy.

First, ST told Coach Williams that he didn't do it and Coach believes him...so should we.

Second, many of us are ticked that Pittman's retaliation (slap to the face) was not treated equally.

Third, ST has earned the benefit of the doubt with me. He's been a tremendous player this year and I just can't help but to love the guy.

First, ST told Coach Williams that he didn't do it and Coach believes him...so should we.

Second, many of us are ticked that Pittman's retaliation (slap to the face) was not treated equally.

Third, ST has earned the benefit of the doubt with me. He's been a tremendous player this year and I just can't help but to love the guy.

The ref said why that was the case because of the spit we just didn't hear it, so are you going to believe ST or one of the best refs in the NFL looking right at ST, sorry but ST did it.

If the tables were turned, and Pittman spit on ST, and ST slapped Pittman with no flag. We would all agree that was the right call. We would all think ST did the right thing for slapping him.

NO ONE SHOULD BE SPIT ON! That is aweful.

Don't you think that one of the best referees in the game would have flagged Pittman for the slap if it wasn't for something out of hand, LIKE SPITTING! ST did it. And he should be punished.....I hate to say this, I might not want him as a Redskin. MY Redskins would not do this.

ST made some excellent non-hits this season that would have been personal fouls last year. I've seen him pull up a number of times. I would like to think that he didn't lose his head at that moment. Besides, after being so badly reffed over the years I am predisposed to disbelieving referees.

So if we discover that, oh my, a defensive player is at the bottom of a pile gouging eyes, or pulling lips, or punching people in the balls, are we to get all weepy over that too?

This is football. A lot worse happens on the field than a petty little spit. he did it, he paid his price for it, Gibbs and Williams will surely ream his ass about it, but enough with ESPN looking to see if he's going to be suspended, enough with the holier than thous claiming how horrible it is...

Seriously,, I ask you guys this.

A man like Dick Butkus, a guy who made this game into what it is, how long do you think he could play in today's league before they threw him out? For redskins fans worrying over the team's reputation and their perception of it,, you think Diron Talbert never spit on anyone? You think Pat Fischer never got nasty with a guy?

Oh we are so damned sensitive now.

Whatever happened to settling it on the field?

I am certainly unhappy with Taylor getting himself thrown out of a playoff game. He ought to know better. He's needed out there. But am I upset he spit on Pittman? Nah, not even slightly. I'm just pissed he did it in plain view where he could get caught.

~Bang

Whether spitting or hitting outweigh the other, they are both penalties and should be treated as such. This is why, in football, there are many times that both players in these types of altercations are penalized and ejected. This is all a big IF since I'm still not convinced that ST spit on Pittman.

Let me be the first to say:

If he didn't SPIT,

You must ACQUIT

:D

So if we discover that, oh my, a defensive player is at the bottom of a pile gouging eyes, or pulling lips, or punching people in the balls, are we to get all weepy over that too?

This is football. A lot worse happens on the field than a petty little spit. he did it, he paid his price for it, Gibbs and Williams will surely ream his ass about it, but enough with ESPN looking to see if he's going to be suspended, enough with the holier than thous claiming how horrible it is...

A man like Dick Butkus, a guy who made this game into what it is, how long do you think he could play in today's league before they threw him out? For redskins fans worrying over the team's reputation and their perception of it,, you think Diron Talbert never spit on anyone? You think Pat Fischer never got nasty with a guy?

I am certainly unhappy with Taylor getting himself thrown out of a playoff game. He ought to know better. He's needed out there. But am I upset he spit on Pittman? Nah, not even slightly. I'm just pissed he did it in plain view where he could get caught.

~Bang

:applause:

~Bang

Bang it happened at the end of the play when everyone was coming off, so yes it was pathetic. If it happened in a pile then great but it didn't. It was also in front of the ref, he knew what would happen and yet he still did it.

If he did it then it was a fair punishment. If he didn't it was screwed. It isn't about defending the act, but finding out the truth and making appropriate judgements. Even if he did it I still would say it would be innapropriate to try to lynch him like a lot of trolls have done. Everyone is a little dirtier on the football field.

The NFL was the birthplace of the eye-poke, headslap, and ball-shocker. When put into perspective, what does spitting equate to in the NFL?

~Bang

I agree wholeheartedly. Whenever you compete it's easy for you to sometimes go overboard, I've done it plenty of times. People acting like everyone out there is just a saint, is wrong, and may need to switch to watching badminton.

If Sean Taylor did it, then I'm pissed at him being stupid enough to do it in-front of a ref. But I wont say it's the worst thing in the world to do. It's part of sports, you mean to tell me that Ronnie Lott never did something dirty? What about Lavar? Guys who compete at high levels sometimes go too far, and it happens, trust me. But for those of you who want him kicked off the team, that's just ridiculous. Also, those of you pissed about him lying to the coaches (if he did do it that is) need to chill out too. How many times did you do something wrong in school and when the teacher asked you if you did it, you reply with "no". How many times have you cut class and told your parent's, "oh class was good". Sean is a young guy and he needs to learn maturity, and we knew that from the start. This type of thing doesn't come overnight. I think some of you just want to find something to ***** about.

Archived