Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we defending Sean Taylor?

Hail26

Some of you guys need to stop crying like a bunch of girls! Waa Waa Waa, "no gibbs team shouldn't have a thug like taylor on the team" Stop crying...

St will always be a redskin b/c G. Williams loves him and wants him here. Did you guys hear what GW said about ST on comcast? He said that he loves him like a son and would adopt him if he could, and that he wouldn't trade ST for any FS in the NFL!

So stop crying and get over it. I'm not worried b/c all of you will talk now and then hop right back on the ST bandwagon when he makes another play, just like everyone did at the beginnning of the season.

PS. for anybody who has it recorded as i do, go back and look again. If this invisible spit did hit Pittman in the face, then who get's spit on and doesn't even wipe it off of your face??? Pittman never even wiped his face off. That doesn't make any sense. I don't know about anyone else, but if i get spit in my face, I'm gonna wipe it off.

Don't get me wrong, I am as big a Skins/ Sean Taylor fan as it gets...but IF Sean Taylor actually did spit on Pittman, why are we defending him?

Your own statement says it all:

"IF"

There's no video proof that he did it like there was with Alomar and Romo sits to pee. It's Pittman's word against Taylor's. He said this, the other guy said that. I don't believe that there's enough to convict him in the court of public opinion.

From my HS and College days of playing, it's hard enough to spit through a facemask just to clear your mouth out. I would imagine it would be extremely hard to spit through your mask, through another person's mask to hit them in the face.

Also, I wonder about Pittman's reaction. Yes, it might be first instinct to lash out and hit Tayolr, but I never saw him try to wipe any spit off his face. Doesn't that seem to be fairly common reaction that never happened?

I would like to think that the ref had to see ST spit to call the foul, but I don't think he was in the right position to see something like that. I could be wrong. My personal feeling is that Pittman couldn't handle something ST said to him and lashed out, then immediately went to the defense of ST spitting.

The absence of video proof doesn't mean that ST is innocent. It doesn't mean that he's guilty, either. Since I don't see enough to support punishing him, I have to support him. You don't leave your people out in the cold when charges against them are ambiguous.

But, there's one key factor everyone seems to be missing! We've stopped Tampa. It's fourth down. GET OFF THE FIELD! At that point, there's no need for Taylor to get up in Pittman's face and start yapping at him. Frankly, he put himself in the position to be caught doing something stupid! He walks away from the play, he'd still be in the game and we're not having this conversation. He's still an immature idiot and his lack of discipline almost cost us that game! He'll be lucky if he plays next week!

agreed. regardless of the ethics involved, it was a completely stupid/irresponsible thing to do.

Exactly. If ST did the deed he got penalized for it, and can probably expect another call from the league lightening his wallet. But Mike Carey does not have the authority to ignore unsportsmanlike conduct on Pittman's part, this is not a discretionary call and to indulge his own opinions on the field is inexcusable. If the NFL is going to follow up on this I expect fines for Taylor, Pittman....and Mike Carey.

Exactly, however, I'll believe the fine on Mike Cary when I see it. I've never read or heard about the NFL fining any the the officials regardless of the amount of sheer incompetence. And as has been said already Pittman should have been penalized too and until conclusive proof is offered regarding the spit I believe ST.

For all you conspiracy theorist talking about Pittman not wiping spit off his face if he was spat on, go back at look at the replay..after shoving Taylor he clearly takes his right hand thru his face mask, swipes his index finger across his face under his eye and then points it at Taylor right as the referee throws the flag.

Whether he spit on him or not, Pittman wasn't an innocent little elf in the exchange. You could tell words were being thrown on both sides when the ref ran into the fray. Honestly, at that point it's fair game. Unfortunately, ST got ejected and Pittman got a free shot. I'll support ST because he's a Skin. Pittmans been in the league longer and knows how to taunt players verbally better than a 2nd year SS.

For all those talking about how spitting on someone is the worst thing imaginable, grow up. Until you hear the audio of what was said between ST and Pittman, you may as well pull out your Office Space "Jump to Conclusions" mat and sell it on infomercials.

As we all know, or should know by now, this was probably something that built up earlier during the game. To those that don't see it as that, either you selectively edit and chose to see what you want or you believe that tempers flare on both sides of the ball.

I imagine next time we play Tampa, Pittman will be picking up his teeth.

total disrespect!!!!!! he shouldnt be banned from the playoffs. he should be banned from court...oh----oh..his court date is coming up.. i hope judge judy doesnt take the spit into the courtroom .. the spit could be big against taylor in the courtroom...they could think, sean is the initiater like he is on the field. ST's got to do something great for the community so the world knows hes changing on the inside.. if not ST could be banned behind bars for a while......The guy that can change sean is ryan... clark.......

I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if someone already said this, but I believe Taylor (if he did do it) told Williams that he did it and he was just POed with Pittman. Of course Williams is going to stick up for his player and hes not going to tell the media "sean told me he spit on pittman and he regrets it" . Also, Pittman isn't exactly the most liked guy in the NFL...he's an agitator and more power to him because he got Taylor off the field. The Bucs probably don't even smell the end zone with Taylor in the game. They were going down the middle with no fear once ST was out of the game. ST is a big weapon on this team and either way I hope he's not suspended.

Someone should also tell Pittman that it would actually be wise for him to avoid Taylor on the "streets"

that's impossible. after pittman hit him ST was like 2-3 ft away and the ref was in the middle. there's no way that's possible...i just watched it 10x right now and he heads gets tossed to the side because of the hit so there's no way he could spit over the ref...? no arguing with you but just what I saw...maybe there's another video with a better view but i'm going from what I see from skins-fanatic video.

edit: also when pittman went back to the sideline he's not cleaning the 'spit' from his face. if i was spit on I would immediatly get a towel and start wiping that **** off with water and everything. he's just standing there with an evil look on his face. i have no idea but that's what I would do.

IF he did spit could it have missed? is there a possibility in that...because like I said above he wasn't cleaning himself on the sidelines.

I wasn't there so I am not going to bring in my opinion on whether there was saliva projected through the air or whether it was in the face. I have heard that ST did spit however it was on the ground, towards Pittman, but not too close to him. Also, it is a human instinct to respond to stimuli. This can be applied twice, defending both sides of the argument. 1 - If Taylor did spit in Pittman's face, dont you think he would have jerked back, or he would have done some sort of movement with his head? I mean, have your friend spit in your face and try your hardest to not make a movement inferring you have been spat upon. 2 - Pittman's response, if ST did spit in his face, was reasonable however he is still not allowed to do that and his actions should have been penalized. Pittman could have done nothing which is the respected thing to do, however, playoff games, cmon, the intensity is boiling through their veins!

I worship ST, I will never not defend ST unless he kills somebody...but, Pittman is one big boy...you see him flexing? Muscles dont mean as much as a W, but he is a big boy! ST FOR GOVERNOR!

I honestly believe that Sean Taylor was probably talking smack and some spit came out as he was yelling. We've all seen it and done it. He was hopped up and yelling, it happens all the time. He certainly didn't hock a lugie on the guy, we'd have seen that on tape. The ref probably saw some spittle and overreacted.

I still don't get how Pittman didn't at least get a flag though. If Taylor had swung on him and Pittman had swung back they'd both have been ejected. Taking a swing is supposed to be an automatic ejection.

The ref was looking right at him so I would think we would take his words over Sean's. Wilbon in the paper even said that the ref mentioned Pittman would not get a penalty in result because ST's spit. TJ of the bengals even said when he played in Washington last year that ST spit in his face as well.

So it doesn't look good for ST and if he did why would he lie to the coach, that I don't like. :doh:

Well then they should have ejected Pittman also for throwing a punch! And the Ref saw him swing and didn't do s**t.... It doens't make it right for Pittman to throw a punch even if he got spit at. :mad:

Archived