Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And every other fanbase is bashing Sean Taylor

SkinsHokieFan

My God, quit being homers and look at the big picture.

Any player that spits on another player is a classless jerk, no matter what team he plays on. There is no room for that in any sport. It is classless and if any of deny that, you're just being homers.

What if Pittman spit on your boy Sean, you know all of you would be saying Pittman was classless.

Lose the homerism and admit that anyone spitting on anybody is a classless act, there is no other way to describe it.

Any player that spits on another player is a classless jerk, no matter what team he plays on. There is no room for that in any sport. It is classless and if any of deny that, you're just being homers.

What if Pittman spit on your boy Sean, you know all of you would be saying Pittman was classless.

Lose the homerism and admit that anyone spitting on anybody is a classless act, there is no other way to describe it.

Lets see, so Pittman can beat his wife, he is not classless. ST MAYBE spitting on Pittman, he is a classless thug and we are all homers for rallying around him? There are umm worse things than spitting dude.

Just scanning a few NFL boards (Eagles, Cowboys, Broncos) it seems everyone has a Sean Taylor is a classless thug thread going on because he "allegedly" spit on Pittman

Seriously, when will people stop living in glass houses and realizes that football is an emotional game, Sean Taylor is NOT a classless thug and to just chill with this whole "class thing"

If anything, you judge a teams "class" by who is leading them. And we have Joe Gibbs leading us, who is the defintion of class

I don't go to these sites, so thanks for bringing back what I would deem very interesting feedback. So let's add some objectivity to the hypocrisy that never seems to astound me.

Apparently it's okay for Iggle fans to commit crimes against humanity in the stands (i.e. throw beer, defecate on the cars of opposing fans) and the parking lot without fear of retribution.

And to the holier than thou folks in the Mile High City, one name: Bill Romanowski. Oh, and I almost forgot the chop block. Thanks Shanny.

And then there's the horse collar tacklers from Big D. Nuff said.

Until I see irrefutable proof that Taylor did, in fact, spit on Pittman, I'll take Gregg Williams' position on the entire situation; it never happened.

Lets see, so Pittman can beat his wife, he is not classless. ST MAYBE spitting on Pittman, he is a classless thug and we are all homers for rallying around him? There are umm worse things than spitting dude.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Pittman and his wife.

I didn't know Pittman's history. I googled it and read several stories about his arrests. Anyone who would deliberately endanger the life of his own child is...indescribable given the restrictions of this board. It's one thing to smack an opposing football player out of frustration, but he is human trash...and convicted TWICE!

Until someone shows me conclusively that Taylor spit, he didn't. I know Pittman swung. I saw it. Taylor regularly shakes his head when he's jawing with someone. It just doesn't look like he spit. I certainly haven't seen any visual evidence of it.

That being said, if ST did spit, I think he should be fined AND suspended. There aren't many acts on a football field that could be more disgusting. But why in the hell didn't Pittman get flagged too? In law enforcement, we call that "selective enforcement."

Anyway, it doesn't matter. We win. They lose. The Skins train keeps rolling...next stop? Seattle.

If he did spit, then it was a good call.

If not, then the league owes him an apology.

Either way, the bashing will come mostly by teams who DID NOT make the playoffs.

Dallas is just pissed because they have Parcells back for two more years and they know we will be slapping them 4-times a year for two more years!

Hail!:point2sky

I have to agree. If it was in fact done, it was totally classes and you cant defend such actions. The guys that are comparing what Taylor alledgedly did to Pittman beating his wife...why are you doing that? What does one have to do with the other? Both acts are cowardly...why compare degrees of severity here or at all for that matter?

Sean Taylor was accused of spitting last year too, but when they checked it out it was found to be bogus and there ws absolutely no evidence to it at all.

Like a lot of people he porbably accidently got some saliva going when he was talking in Pittman's face.

It happens all the time, who cares?

Frankly, even if he had spit on purpose, I find it hard to get overly judgmental on someone doing that, especially since we always cheer for him to hit other plyers hard and do a heck of a lot more to them than getting some saliva in their face, unless maybe they have a cold or something.

Innocent until proven otherwise.

If the ref comes out and says that he saw ST spit on Pittman, then there is at least some independent proof to corroborate Pittman's story. Otherwise, it's just Pittman's word vs. ST's word, and like GW, I'll take ST's word anyday over Pittman's.

That said:

IF true that Taylor spit on Pittman

AND IF true that Taylor lied to GW about what had happened

THEN Taylor's acts (lying and spitting) are reprehensible. Not unforgiveable, but definitely tasteless and deserving of punishment. In such a situation, I would expect GW and/or Gibbs to punish Taylor, regardless of what stance the league takes.

Archived