Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Game Day Beer Thread

NattyLight

:laugh:

No man, but I think beer tastes better out of a cold mug as opposed to straight out of the bottle. It could all be in my head, but I swear it's better that way.

I was just pulling your chain.

If I think far enough ahead, I'll chill a tall one. Unfortunately(?), I don't drink much. Usually only during games (1 or 2 max) or when drinking guests come over (few of my friends drink). So the randomness of my drinking means that I usually just pull out a cold bottle and go for it. The other reason is that my freezer is usually full, so there's no room for a glass. I guess I should just throw out that pot roast! :laugh:

We may have found our next staff member. Sager words are rare indeed. I like the cloth from which you are cut sir!

I shall drink home-brew today, Nut Brown Ale made in my closet, and raise my glass to the Gods :cheers: But first, I must complete my quest - for the wings must be made and guacamole birthed.

A homebrewer so high up on the totem pole out here??? Awesome! Always great to meet anutha brutha!

Wise to drink homebrew today, by the way. Unfiltered is good for the hangover, you know!

:cheers:

:cheers: Nattylight!!

This is a great thread. It's 12:23 here in St. Louis and I'm off to the garage to get an ice-cold Bud Select. Thanks for the arm-twist. I was waiting until 2pm for the pregame, but I shall join my fellow Skins fans.

We moved this past year and I don't have my Skins basement set up yet, so I just covered our living room in Skins stuff. haha. One of my good friends is a bucs fan and is coming over to watch the game. Had to represent, right?

HTTR!

:bucsuck:

Well my good friends, it's past one and I'm on my fourth beer. I can't sit still, to excited about the game. Time seems to have slowed to a crawl.

All that means is: more time for beer!! ;)

:point2sky:

Dude, I suggest you slow your pace a bit. It's no fun getting so smashed you can't remember the game. Just a thought.

Does eating beer bread that my wife made count? I don't drink before 3:00. That's just my bag, baby.

BTW -- am I the only one who thinks Sam Adams is a horrible excuse for beer? Discuss.

Depends of witch Sam Adams. Lagers are so so but some of their specialty beers are pretty good.

I cannot partake in the gameday festivities until I get home around gametime. Then my parents and I will pop the cork on one of the bottles of Asti. We have to celebrate the Redskins first playoff game of Gibbs II. We are saving the other bottle for XL!!!

I'm wondering if most of you drink straight out of the bottle or if you're a fancy pants like me and pour it into a mug?

Mug?!? Pint-sized pub glass is the way to go!!!!

....or a genuine German Stein!

...BTW -- am I the only one who thinks Sam Adams is a horrible excuse for beer? Discuss.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. What is it that you *do* drink?

West Coast Time 10:37

I typically wait until the Skins have a big play before I have my first.

Stating with Blue Moon......Belgian White (Wheat Ale) Refreshing....yes it is

warm out here

Then Anchor Porter (West Coast brew) smooth dark medium body

I will finish with a Young's Oatmeal Stout...Full Body/Flavor.......Yeah Baby!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be Happy"...Ben Franklin

Who drinks beer in a bottle ;) just kidding. But I'm not kidding about 5th beer done. 13:46.

Friends are showing up at house with more beverages.

This is next one is for Gibbs. Way to stick to your guns, and influence great atheletes to believe in your timeless visions.

Archived