Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Dissed on ESPN radio

kwitt

I heard that show today and did punch my radio. When one caller called and named of some of JG's accomplishments, eric kassiliass brushed it off saying

"Thats history. What has he done lately"

Then would flip flop and use the same argument for gruden saying

"Three years ago he won the SB"

What the ****? Coach Gibb's past accomplishments dont count, but Chuckys do?

Damn ESPN doubletalk!

I heard the caller who called in who talked about Gibbs NASCAR accomplishments and those were brushed aside. Now I'm not a NASCAR guy, it rates up there with Soccer for me, but I think it shows that Gibbs knows how to win and get the best out of his people and I respect that!

I wish I would hear one of those ESPNers when they have Salsbury on they would call him out too....:soapbox:

Just got through listening to Erik Kusilias on ESPN radio. He basically said that Bill Bellicheck was the clearly the best coach of the eight going this weekend (said he is on the Mount Rushmore of all time coaches). After that he says it is too close to call among the rest of the seven. He took Gruden over Gibbs and says his ESPN colleagues agree. "What has Gibbs done in the last ten years" he argued. I could not believe what I was hearing. And since when is Bellicheck's head on Mount Rushmore over Gibbs'? Are these "experts" unfamilar with Gibbs' 16-5 postseason record? I wanted to punch my radio.

Belicheck was an intrical part of 5 Superbowl Winners in 6 Superbowl appearances. 3 for 3 as a head coach and all within the last 4 years

Its a stretch to compare what Gibbs did 15-20 years ago to belicheck.

Having said that putting Gruden ahead of him is insulting

I often wonder how a lot of these guys get jobs. I mean, I'm positive there are over 100, if not over 1,000, people on this board alone who are more qualified than a lot of these chuckleheads.

I'm not specifically calling out Kusilias, although from this report he may be a candidate. I'm saying sports media in general.

Unfathomable.

It's because opinions are like A HOLES... everybody has one!!!

Esilly-ous is the biggest flip-flopper for the sake of contreversy there is. He called Gibbs one of the top 5 all-tim coaches awhile back.

Another example: He was properly arguing for weeks that USC was not in line for a 3-pete because LSU won it 3 years ago, then after Texas won he was saying that USC lost their shot at the 3-pete. Don't let him get to you. He is an idiot.

This guy is nuts! In eight of the last ten years, Gibbs went undefeated as a football coach. I don't think any current football coach could come close to matching that. Besides that, this year he led the worst 3-0 team in NFL history to the playoffs. Imagine that, the worst 3-0 team in NFL history winning five in a row. That's some testiment to coaching.

It's pretty easy with Brady..LOL

He's just another HC that got a great QB and rode the wave!

Wait didnt the great Belli win a SB with the browns? j/k....great coaches can take a total mess and turn it around...like Joe Gibbs has done...gruden can't even come close to Gibbs he took a championship team to the SB..wow

Guys, this is nothing new for ESPN. Heck, basically every Wednesday on The Herd,Beano Cook is on for a college football segment and he even rips ESPN,saying that anything before 1987 is irrelevant in ESPN's eyes.

IMO, it's not just ESPN that feels this way, it's sports journalism as a whole. Most of today's "experts" give no credit to what players like Unitas,J.Brown etc. accomplished. Players and Coaches alike from that era couldn't function in today's league from their perspective.

It's sickening,really.......

This guy is nuts! In eight of the last ten years, Gibbs went undefeated as a football coach. I don't think any current football coach could come close to matching that. Besides that, this year he led the worst 3-0 team in NFL history to the playoffs. Imagine that, the worst 3-0 team in NFL history winning five in a row. That's some testiment to coaching.

All excellent points. :laugh:

Archived