Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Dissed on ESPN radio

kwitt

Just got through listening to Erik Kusilias on ESPN radio. He basically said that Bill Bellicheck was the clearly the best coach of the eight going this weekend (said he is on the Mount Rushmore of all time coaches). After that he says it is too close to call among the rest of the seven. He took Gruden over Gibbs and says his ESPN colleagues agree. "What has Gibbs done in the last ten years" he argued. I could not believe what I was hearing. And since when is Bellicheck's head on Mount Rushmore over Gibbs'? Are these "experts" unfamilar with Gibbs' 16-5 postseason record? I wanted to punch my radio.

I often wonder how a lot of these guys get jobs. I mean, I'm positive there are over 100, if not over 1,000, people on this board alone who are more qualified than a lot of these chuckleheads.

I'm not specifically calling out Kusilias, although from this report he may be a candidate. I'm saying sports media in general.

Unfathomable.

I often wonder how a lot of these guys get jobs. I mean, I'm positive there are over 100, if not over 1,000, people on this board alone who are more qualified than a lot of these chuckleheads.

1,000? That's an understatement, hell there are probably 49,228 people on this board who are more qualified than these guys. And that's including the trolls and people who wanted to trade Jason Campbell and Arrington for Vince Young.

Just got through listening to Erik Kusilias on ESPN radio. He basically said that Bill Bellicheck was the clearly the best coach of the eight going this weekend (said he is on the Mount Rushmore of all time coaches). After that he says it is too close to call among the rest of the seven. He took Gruden over Gibbs and says his ESPN colleagues agree. "What has Gibbs done in the last ten years" he argued. I could not believe what I was hearing. And since when is Bellicheck's head on Mount Rushmore over Gibbs'? Are these "experts" unfamilar with Gibbs' 16-5 postseason record? I wanted to punch my radio.

What has he done in the past 10 years? Not much, except win 3 Nextel Cups and then come back and coach the Redskins to the playoffs for the first time since 1999! :laugh:

Q: What has Gibbs done in the last 10 years?

A: He entered the HOF, something Billichick, Dungy, Gruden, Fox, Holmgren, Marvin Lewis and all the others haven't yet!

Sorry, you beat me to it while I was typing ever so slow.....

Didnt Tom Brady complain earlier this week that the Patroits are not respected? Gibbs has done something Bellicheck has never done. He won three Superbowls with different teams, not three with a possible HOF QB. Which is better a head coach who has a great team every year or a coach who can build several teams from the ground into contenders and win chamionships?

Ignore these guys...half these guys dont even know that 2 out of 4 of the most important pieces of Gregg Williams defence wasnt there that first game and the people who defend us say "Oh that was a season high that'll never happen again" with some stupid arguement that is while the real dumbass people look smart saying somthing like " Oh yea, gregg williams wont let that happen".

By the way those pieces were Cornelius Griffin and Sean Taylor. Whats unlucky though now were missing 1 of 4 the most important people in Shawn Springs.

P.S It makes me laugh how the media is freaking out on whos gonna cover Galloway, appearantly theyve never seen Sean Taylor Shut down Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Chad Johnson by himself with occassional help.

I earlier heard some commentators talking about the deal sending Herm Edwards to (Minnesota?)

One of their observations was how, according to the New York media, "Herm" was an absolute genuis (with what, a 4-12 record) who could do no wrong, untill he agreed to go somewhere else, at which point it instantly transformed into "good riddance, loser!".

(I was remembering a trivia question I'd heard once: How many New York Jets Head Coaches have winning records (with the Jets)? a: Bill Parcells. (Parcells was their current coach at the time, by the time he left he may have no longer been in the exclusive club.))

I also found myself wondering: Why is some team giving up draft choices to lure a 4-12 coach away from his existing team? Dumb question, I guess.

(Shure is nice to have Joe Gibbs, isn't it?)

I heard a little bit of Eric's show, and quickly got the same impression, that he was dissing Gibbs. I got a bad taste in my mouth and changed the channel. This is the same guy who last month spent a whole show basically defending T.O. against the Eagles, right before the arbitration hearing. He's a moron.

Archived