Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nunyo picks Bucs

21dave

Watch your comment. There are black folks and Asian folks here. :silly:

So....

I didn't say anything that could have been deemed racist or offensive.

I was just surprised to see he was black. I guess the name made me think he was Asian. I never saw him before. The post never had his picture up.

But just for good measure, No Offense Intended!!!!!! ;)

So....

I didn't say anything that could have been deemed racist or offensive.

I was just surprised to see he was black. I guess the name made me think he was Asian. I never saw him before. The post never had his picture up.

But just for good measure, No Offense Intended!!!!!! ;)

No offense. It's all good. :silly:

We also started a 4th string saftey in Calvin Pearson...On Saturday watch out for Jermaine Phillips, Will Allen, and Dexter Jackson.

You guys don't understand how important safetys are in a Cover 2 scheme

I completely understand how important they are and they will be even more important on Saturday because you will need both of them to stop Portis. You have a great D, no question, but you have been given up big yards on the ground the second half of this year with one of the best rushing teams in the league coming to town. Portis had his best game against the Bucs and that was before the committment to run.

I don't see a cakewalk here. Not by any means. This is going to be a tough physical game. The problem with that for you is that I don't think right now there is a tougher, more physical team in the league (except maybe Pittsburgh or Chicago) than the Skins are.

I see a long day here where Kiffen is constantly guessing whether we are going to run or pass so he knows whether to play that Tampa 2 or cheat the Safeties up. I don't think he will do it at first either because he is afraid of Moss but Portis will make a 7 man front pay. On the other side, we have been stopping RB's all season with just 7 in the box, especially since Arrington returned to the line-up. Add to that Taylor and Grif being back and Simms being essentially a late season rookie.

Hey, I could be wrong but I like this match up. I would much rather have the current path in the playoffs than any other where the Skins have to travel. We will see on Saturday though.

I completely understand how important they are and they will be even more important on Saturday because you will need both of them to stop Portis. You have a great D, no question, but you have been given up big yards on the ground the second half of this year with one of the best rushing teams in the league coming to town. Portis had his best game against the Bucs and that was before the committment to run.

I don't see a cakewalk here. Not by any means. This is going to be a tough physical game. The problem with that for you is that I don't think right now there is a tougher, more physical team in the league (except maybe Pittsburgh or Chicago) than the Skins are.

I see a long day here where Kiffen is constantly guessing whether we are going to run or pass so he knows whether to play that Tampa 2 or cheat the Safeties up. I don't think he will do it at first either because he is afraid of Moss but Portis will make a 7 man front pay. On the other side, we have been stopping RB's all season with just 7 in the box, especially since Arrington returned to the line-up. Add to that Taylor and Grif being back and Simms being essentially a late season rookie.

Hey, I could be wrong but I like this match up. I would much rather have the current path in the playoffs than any other where the Skins have to travel. We will see on Saturday though.

Youve made some strong points and I agree that this game is going down to the 4th quarter...I'm not sure how much the injuries in your secondary are going to hurt (Im not that familiar with the Skins), but I think that could be the difference in the game, considering how we moved it on you guys in the last meeting.

I've also heard some of the Bucs players saying that the Skins surprised them with their blocking scheme, something they will have figured out by now.

Youve made some strong points and I agree that this game is going down to the 4th quarter...I'm not sure how much the injuries in your secondary are going to hurt (Im not that familiar with the Skins), but I think that could be the difference in the game, considering how we moved it on you guys in the last meeting.

I've also heard some of the Bucs players saying that the Skins surprised them with their blocking scheme, something they will have figured out by now.

Our best player in the secondary (Springs) is questionable however last time we played you guys Taylor was out and Springs may even play. If you think Kiffin has figured out the Skins blocking scheme that is one thing. But to think that Gregg Williams hasn't figured out what went wrong last time would be absurd. This game has low scoring written all over it.

Moved it on us with 2 of 4 best players on the sidelines. And you think the Skins won't figure out the Bucs blocking schemes? You give credit to your team to be able to adjust but not to the Skins. Both Williams and Kiffin will do some things differently.

And the problem in the first game for the Bucs was stopping the run. Phillips might help some against the pass but the run is what you must stop.

The real question in this game is Chris Simms. He had his best game as a pro BY FAR against the Skins last game. Can he duplicate it? That is the real question.

#1 defense vs #9 defense is a difference of about 40 yards a game. Congrats

Just over 10yds a game rush and 10yds a game pass. Total of about 20 yds a game if I'm reading it right. As I mentioned before, it could give the Bucs a little extra swagger, but it's hardly measurable as an advantage. Also note that their run-D has taken a beaten as of late.

Cmon guys the Bucs are a better team...our D is ranked #1, and our young offense is surprisingly good

You guys seem very overconfident

It's not hard having that defensive ranking of #1 when you have the 30th rated strength of schedule in the NFL. The teams you faced had a combined record of 115-141. Meanwhile, the Skins faced teams with a combined record of 138-118. Stats really don't mean squat. :D

Cmon guys the Bucs are a better team...our D is ranked #1, and our young offense is surprisingly good

You guys seem very overconfident

Speaking for myself, I don’t feel overconfident, but I do feel pretty good about the match-up. I’ll be very tense before and during the game, but I’m like Gibbs: always tense until it’s in hand, which usually means “over” with me. I think we’re facing a very capable opponent.

Nonetheless, I honestly don't think you're as quite as good as we are across the board, even including defense, although I have total respect for Rice & Brooks in particular. I see two different Bucs teams, defensive stats wise: The Bucs against teams with winning records (not good) and the teams that suck (very good).

I think you guys have a great coach and a very good team. I think you barely won at home last time. Now it’s the play-offs. So we'll see. Here's to no injuries and good officiating: cheers:

Archived