Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who is your favorite all time redskin past or present! and why!!!

redskinrita

Well my favorite all time redskin is gary clark. I loved his style of play for a lil man he played wit a lot of heart and emotion. He was a very tough guy and because of that a lot of corners respected him. Santana moss reminds me so much of him he's just a lil quicker but he's still a lil guy wit a lot of heart and toughness!!!!!!!!

That really is tough because Kilmer being my first "hero" as a kid will always have a special place in my heart. But Darrell Green is Mr. Redskin and in every way represented the team with class.

Current Redskin is easily Portis, he is one tough running back. I am amazed at how he has transformed himself and I think he will go down as one of the greatest running backs of all time as long as he can avoid serious injury. I worry for his long term career though, he takes a beating.

John Riggins. Show me another RB who came to a franchise and put them on his back the way he did. He carried us to a SB championship and dominated the league -- all in his 30's!!

Darrell Green -- A Redskin hero for 20 yrs -- and a great, great man.

Past - Darrell Green. I'm just old enough to remember the end of his career, but he was my idol growing up. I always tried to get #28 in peewee football.

Present - Clinton Portis. I love his game and his personality. Well on his way to becoming my favorite Skin ever.

Honorable mentions: Moss, Taylor

When I was a wee lad Darrel Green was my favorite player. He was why I played corner. A classy individual and a consumate philanthropist.

Today I have 2 Skins that are my favorites:

Offense: Clinton Portis- Does EVERYTHING that is asked of him and truly LOVES being a Redskin.

Defense: Sean Taylor- Great defender, tough player, and can arguably hit harder than any other safety in the NFL.

I love all of the past greats, green, riggo, dexter, harvey, monk, but I loved watching Brian Mitchell play. My eyes would be drawn to him when he was on the field. Rarely a play ended with Brian not letting the defender know how he felt.

I find myself doing that with Sean nowadays and the same behavior holds true. Rarely does he not have something to say after the play.

As the screen name says....JOHN RIGGINS!!!!As a pretty conservative person,I always admired his wild man style.The mohawks,the white tux at the superbowl,wearing the #44 uniform at his jersey retirement....PRICELESS.Plus,to be able to hold out a season(which I know wasnt to popular at the time) to come back and carry the team to there first SB win.As a team that season,every player stood out and did there best to win that game,but Riggins led them,more the Theismann could dream of.The other choices on this post were all great.But Riggins ,too me anyway,was the greatest ever..

:bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :point2sky

This is tough, loved Billy Kilmer as a kid, lived next door to Joe Theisman when he was in Toronto, hung with Mike Nelms when he was playing in Ottawa and met John Riggins when he was "finding himself".

Have to go with Riggo for his sheer guts- climbing out of a hospital bed, going to the stadium and carrying the football and then returning back to the hospital and getting put back into traction. The man defined toughness.

Archived