Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Young and Leinhart: Chill Out People!!!!

diesel22

How did I see this one coming? As soon as the game was over last nite I jumped on here to see how many people were proposing we trade away our team for Young or Leinhart. Last nite showcased 2 very impressive college quarterbacks....and Young may have given the best single game performance I have ever seen in a college game. Not sure if it ranks #1 (being a Michigan fan I am partial to Charles Woodson's game against Ohio State. ( 1 INT, 1 rec for a TD, 1 KR for a TD, and shutting David Boston out for the game).

Anyway, while both looked very impressive last night, there is no reason to overreact. Just remember, when coach traded up to get Campbell last yr, he knew that Leinhart (and most likely Young) would be coming out this yr. It wasn't enough to persuade him to wait -- he saw what he wanted in Campbell and it is a done deal. And don't tell me that things are different than last yr.....does Leinhart really look that much better now? NO -- last yr he shredded the OU defense just as bad as he did Texas'. Is Vince Young a big surprise? NO -- as any Michigan fan will tell you, his ability was very obvious at last yrs Rose Bowl. So......what has changed since coach drafted Campbell? Absolutely nothing. He got the man he wanted and he already has a yr of the system under his belt. Trade him to start the process all over again when Brunnell will likely be out next yr? I think not.

Come on, man, you everyone swoons and drools every time a new prom queen does something halfway decent.

Case in point, last year's draft. Never heard a word about Matt Jones until he does well in the combine. Then all of a sudden everyone out here is the director of the scouting dept. and can't stop talking about how amazing he is.

Just remember that none of us really know what the heck we are looking at. That's why we have professionals.

And in regards to Vince Young, don't forget. Major Harris looked like a beast too.

Just remember that none of us really know what the heck we are looking at. That's why we have professionals.

Even the professionals don't always know what they are looking at. I mean, everyone was wowed by Tony Manderich's bench numbers, but didn't realise that he moved like a rock as well as being strong as one.

There is always a "grass is greener" thing when you see performances like that. Thing is, you never know who is going to make it and who isn't. Otherwise, picking players in the draft would be easy. Fact is, most of us don't know what we have with Campbell yet.

Jason

Come on, man, you everyone swoons and drools every time a new prom queen does something halfway decent.

Case in point, last year's draft. Never heard a word about Matt Jones until he does well in the combine. Then all of a sudden everyone out here is the director of the scouting dept. and can't stop talking about how amazing he is.

Absolutely correct -- it is just this type of overreaction I was trying to prevent. Could you imagine if one of these people as the Redskins GM? Oh my.

Actually, I am working at becoming one of those "professionals". I had an internship with the Cbus Destroyers (arena league) back home and now am working on getting on with the Chiefs scouting dept

How did I see this one coming? As soon as the game was over last nite I jumped on here to see how many people were proposing we trade away our team for Young or Leinhart. Last nite showcased 2 very impressive college quarterbacks....and Young may have given the best single game performance I have ever seen in a college game. Not sure if it ranks #1 (being a Michigan fan I am partial to Charles Woodson's game against Ohio State. ( 1 INT, 1 rec for a TD, 1 KR for a TD, and shutting David Boston out for the game).

Anyway, while both looked very impressive last night, there is no reason to overreact. Just remember, when coach traded up to get Campbell last yr, he knew that Leinhart (and most likely Young) would be coming out this yr. It wasn't enough to persuade him to wait -- he saw what he wanted in Campbell and it is a done deal. And don't tell me that things are different than last yr.....does Leinhart really look that much better now? NO -- last yr he shredded the OU defense just as bad as he did Texas'. Is Vince Young a big surprise? NO -- as any Michigan fan will tell you, his ability was very obvious at last yrs Rose Bowl. So......what has changed since coach drafted Campbell? Absolutely nothing. He got the man he wanted and he already has a yr of the system under his belt. Trade him to start the process all over again when Brunnell will likely be out next yr? I think not.

:applause: Thank you.

What cracks me up is, people assume that the player they are drooling over is going to be on the board when we pick.

The TE from Texas? Now there's someone I wish we could have a shot at. I wanted heath Miller last year and he is already a great TE in this league.

The bottomline is that neither one of these guys are going to be redskins. Even if we didn't trade up to attain Campbell, we would have not been in position to draft either guy this year.

With that said, IMO, Young will be the better pro.

And in regards to Vince Young, don't forget. Major Harris looked like a beast too.

Don't forget everyone who wanted Mike Williams and screamed when Rogers was drafted. Gibbs sure seems to have gotten the better deal on that one even with Rogers being injured.

Even the professionals don't always know what they are looking at.

True. It's always a roll of the dice. But they sure do know a heck of a lot more than we do.

I was just pointing out that it doesn't matter who it is. If Tampa's third string running back comes out and runs all over us, people will be pining away for us to get him. It's like one big game and everybody starts freaking out and pulling their puds over one performance.

Quaterback is the toughest position to win at from college to pros. Not all phenom QB's make it when they hit the pros. It takes more than just athletic ability.

It takes smarts more than anything So I wouldnt jump on thier bandwagon just yet. You may find yourself thinking 4 years down the road.... Man I'm glad we drafted cambell and not leinhart or young...

Gibbs saw something in him for a reason so be happy with what we got. He just may suprise you in the near future.

Or how bout the next Todd Marinovich?

I probably wouldnt go quite that far --- I think with the right system leinhart and young can both succeed.

Still, it is lunacy to think that we should change our entire organizations direction, and trash all the prep time we have already put into Campbell -- just bc 2 college QBs have a good game. People need to grow up and realize that this isnt fantasy football. There is more at stake than bragging rights in your office.....

Yeah you are right. Major Harris was a great college player and so was Kordell Stewart. Young is a great player in college, I don't know if he will be a great player in the pros. I am just not sold on him. The pro game is a hell of a lot different. And when you have killers at linebacker like Washington and LA, and a safety like ST it makes a running qb's job a whole lot harder, if he trys to run and ablib like that he would get killed, because the guys on this level tackle, and they bring the pain, he will not be running wild like that in the NFL. Young is good, I am not sold on him.

Yeah you are right. Major Harris was a great college player and so was Kordell Stewart. Young is a great player in college, I don't know if he will be a great player in the pros. I am just not sold on him. The pro game is a hell of a lot different. And when you have killers at linebacker like Washington and LA, and a safety like ST it makes a running qb's job a whole lot harder, if he trys to run and ablib like that he would get killed, because the guys on this level tackle, and they bring the pain, he will not be running wild like that in the NFL. Young is good, I am not sold on him.

Somebody pointed out to me that Vince Young might make a decent pro WR. Who knows. I hope he isn't tall, otherwise here come 400 threads about how to make him our big, possession receiver! :laugh:

I probably wouldnt go quite that far --- I think with the right system leinhart and young can both succeed.

Still, it is lunacy to think that we should change our entire organizations direction, and trash all the prep time we have already put into Campbell -- just bc 2 college QBs have a good game. People need to grow up and realize that this isnt fantasy football. There is more at stake than bragging rights in your office.....

I wouldn't either, just brought it up because they both played at USC, and both are lefties.

Archived