Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To All Bucs Fans

Coach Williams

The ball does not need to "cross" the line. It merely needs to touch the front of the line even a little bit. You must not have watched many NFL games if you believe that was the worst call in history. This one was so close, it was almost impossible to call. Since it was called good on the field, there is not evidence to reverse it. If you believe differently, then either there is something wrong with your eyes or you are a homer.

Sadly I think our Tampa friend here just nailed this one on the head. The call on the field was a home field call - I think most people agree that Alstott did NOT get in the end zone. However after they called it a TD on the field it was never going to be overturned as there was just not indisputable evidence - plus there would have been a riot :-)

If the call had gone the other way on teh field you can bet they would have reviewed it and let the call on teh field stand for just the same reason.

Whatever - we have a chance to make up for this on Saturday. CAN NOT WAIT.

HTTR

Martin

thetruth14kw.jpg

The main rule that matters is the team with the most points at the end of the game is the winner. That's a rule you must not understand.

36-35 Bucs win. End of story.

Nice.

I guess you missed the one that says that points don't go on the board until an official sees a player go over the goal line, which was obvious that nobody saw in our last game since it took them so long to call it. Its either there or it isnt, otherwise let the replay booth overturn it.

As a Skins fan I of course don't think that Alstott got in, even in your picture Udin you have circled his elbow, and if you look closely, you can see the right side of the ball (maybe) cradled in that arm. The ball isn't breaking the plain of the endzone. But bottom line, like someone said before me, I can't say that is indisputible. Once the play was called the way it was on the field, there must be indisputable evidence to overturn it. Referees looking at plays at the game don't have the benefit of freeze frames or someone circling an elbow down 2-6 inches from the line. They didn't have enough to overturn it. Unfortunately Udin, most people, even non Redskin fans, disagree with you and feel he didn't get across. Seen quotes from several media outlets that the call was wrong. But where you are right is that there just wasn't enough evidence at the time for the refs to overturn it, therefore the Bucs win.

http://z28.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=16291

you lost........now get off our site....... :owned: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck: :bucsuck:

Heh heh heh...

I submit this moron as an example of why inbreeding isn't legal.

That was your smack?

Weak Sally... Very Weak.

But thanks for the laugh... Idiots are amusing on occasion.

As a Skins fan I of course don't think that Alstott got in, even in your picture Udin you have circled his elbow, and if you look closely, you can see the right side of the ball (maybe) cradled in that arm. The ball isn't breaking the plain of the endzone. But bottom line, like someone said before me, I can't say that is indisputible. Once the play was called the way it was on the field, there must be indisputable evidence to overturn it. Referees looking at plays at the game don't have the benefit of freeze frames or someone circling an elbow down 2-6 inches from the line. They didn't have enough to overturn it. Unfortunately Udin, most people, even non Redskin fans, disagree with you and feel he didn't get across. Seen quotes from several media outlets that the call was wrong. But where you are right is that there just wasn't enough evidence at the time for the refs to overturn it, therefore the Bucs win.

Finally... sanity.

I agree 100%.

Betts also stepped out.

Sad part is the Refs seem to blow calls all over the place, and the ones they blow are game turners.

We (both teams) need to ensure the score is decided by a couple of TD's not a couple of points - to eliminate any chance of a ref deciding the outcome.

I hope the Bucs win, you guys hope the Skins win... in reality, I just hope it's a good game with NO injuries.

The ball does not need to "cross" the line. It merely needs to touch the front of the line even a little bit. You must not have watched many NFL games if you believe that was the worst call in history. This one was so close, it was almost impossible to call. Since it was called good on the field, there is not evidence to reverse it. If you believe differently, then either there is something wrong with your eyes or you are a homer.

thetruth14kw.jpg

Yeah.. its funny that what you have circled in this pic is Alstotts shoulder.. B/c when his shoulder crossed the plane, the ball definitely does!:doh:

Nobody had a "clear view" of that play. That picture is as clear a view as anyone had because there were so many bodies piled together. From this view, I can see how he would possibly think it was a score since Alstott's arm crossed the plane of the goal line. You have to admit that there is not evidence to overturn the call if it's called a score. It's a tough call either way.

To say it's the worst call in history is ridiculous.

WHAT? "Nobody had a "clear view" of that play" Then why was it ruled as good to begin with? Your statement has no logic

WHAT? "Nobody had a "clear view" of that play" Then why was it ruled as good to begin with? Your statement has no logic

Sometimes there isn't a clear view of the play by any referee or any camera. In that case, the ref has to have the balls to step up and make a call. This ref had the balls to call it right. You have to give him credit. A lesser man may have tried to make no call at all and have the replay officials be completely in charge of the call. That ref should get a raise for a job well done!

Speaking of refs and bad calls, anyone know who the refs are for this weekend? Is it safe to say that there won't be refs so easily swayed by a home crowd?

2 pt conversion good...you guys are coming into Ray Jay...get over it.

The Bucs have been screwed over worse than any team...just check out the 2003 Bucs - Colts Monday night game where an onside kick never hit the ground (kick catch interference insued), Colts got the ball back...then a leaping penalty...worst officiating debacle in the past decade.

2 pt conversion good...you guys are coming into Ray Jay...get over it.

The Bucs have been screwed over worse than any team...just check out the 2003 Bucs - Colts Monday night game where an onside kick never hit the ground (kick catch interference insued), Colts got the ball back...then a leaping penalty...worst officiating debacle in the past decade.

Thanks but that didn't answer my question. Anyone else care to try?

You can expect close calls like this to go with the home team, that is why you take care of business on the road and win by 2 touchdowns.

I never expected the call to be overturned becuase it wasn't conclusive, unfortunately the moron on the field called it a touchdown. Just like they incorrectly called offsides on the blocked kick.

Archived