Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charley Casserly

CrypticVillain

Assuming the Texans fire Casserly, do you think the skins will get him. I do not rember him that well but a friend told me that he did the deal that got us Lavar and Samuels, and he drafted Champ. Those were dome sweet deals do you gus think we should go after him if the Texans fire him.

He also drafted Heath Shuler, Michael Westbrook and Andre Johnson in the first round(Andre Johnson never played a down). So the answer is N-O!!!!

I dunno, once he left we drafted Schuler, enough said. I always thought that a GM has to have the same philo as the HC - maybe he and Gibbs are like Walter Becker and Donald Fagan. Come home, Charlie.

No, he WAS here when we drafted Schuler.

What do Casserly and Bobby Bethard have in common?

They both had their greatest success when they worked with Joe Gibbs.

You have a very short memory and that is all I'm going to say.

I understand that when the team does bad, you blame those in power, but how many people can take the blame? Norv, Nolan, Casserly, Cooke, who else? Was the guy in the stands who skipped a game at fault too?

What Casserly did was put good players on this team to make us a competitor. Every year we were amongst the teams to watch out for! I don't blame Casserly for bad coaching. Could he have done a better job, Heck yeah! We didn't win. But is that his fault?

Casserly gave Turner control of the top pics and handled the lower pics. From what I remember we were always a team that did great in the lower rounds but had crappy first rounders. Is that Casserly's fault cause Norv couldn't draft or coach?

Snyder admitted a few years ago that he got rid of the wrong guy by firing Casserly. I remember the story:

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20050330-125352-1907r.htm

Mr. Snyder said he wished that he hadn't fired Mr. Casserly, who assembled the team that in 1999 produced the Redskins' first division title in eight years and the only one of the Snyder era.

If the Texans are in Cap hell, then every team in the league must be in cap hell. Please tell me what is not cap hell then? I mean I'd love to hear this.

This is how it was in September (c.o. http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap2006.html)

NFL Cap Estimate

$92,000,000

Forwaded Cap Adjustment

$0

Total Available Salary Cap Space

$92,000,00

Texans Cap Estimate

$81,816,202

Amount Under/(Over)

$10,183,798

So they're 10 mil under the cap and thats cap hell? Wow, If hell's this bad I can't even imagine what heaven must be like!

Assuming the Texans fire Casserly, do you think the skins will get him. I do not rember him that well but a friend told me that he did the deal that got us Lavar and Samuels, and he drafted Champ. Those were dome sweet deals do you gus think we should go after him if the Texans fire him.

Drafting good players with high 1st round draft picks doesn't particularly impress me. I'd be more impressed with a GM that could consistently find contributors in the lower rounds.

Archived