Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you think that the #1 question that Eagles fans are asking me here in PA is?

flexxskins

1) They most certainly are using the excuse of injuries. While they are correct, as someone else said, its not like they are the only team to ever endure injuries. Give me a break. wah wah, you lost.

2) They are all foaming at the mouth at the thought of getting Arrington. We cannot let this happen. Id rather see him ride the pine all day long at $10M a year with a frown on his face then see him go to a division rival.

I hate the eagles, and a win is a win, but you have to give them a free pass on this year.

We don't have much to brag about beating them this year and they don't have anything to be ashamed of for losing. I want to beat them when they're 100% though.

Eff the Eagles. Its not like we didn't have injuries in the games last year when we were the ones going 6-10. They lost in DC with all of their starters also.

Would the Redskins lose the NFCCG in 1986 to the Giants if Theismann wasn't forced to retire because of that injury from LT?

Who knows.

It's not like the Eagles won a Super Bowl last year anyway so why even bother with their 4th in the division historically ass?

I'd answer with:

"If BOTH teams are completely healthy, the result is most likely the same - a close game that's a 'Skins win in the end. Now, your turn to answer my question. What's it like to have NEVER won a SB??"

Cheers,

CLBinMD

I hate the eagles, and a win is a win, but you have to give them a free pass on this year.

We don't have much to brag about beating them this year and they don't have anything to be ashamed of for losing. I want to beat them when they're 100% though.

No you don't have to give them a free pass.

You don't have a backup QB, and you end up with the crap they have. That's a roster decision they made.

Reid did a terrible job adapting to the talent he had left, he was unable to motivate his players, and his 90% passing bullcrap exposed his lack of offensive playcalling skills.

SO his playbook was reduced. You think he was the only one to ever go through this? I feel worse for Herm Edwards. Andy Reid was a joke this year.

And the front office moves were pathetic. Not signing Simon and Burgess is fine if you plan on replacing them. They didn't have a plan, and the defense sucked as a result.

DO NOT give the Eagles a pass this year. They sucked long before they started overloading the Injured Reserve list.

Screw that. They went 0-6 in the NFCEast. They can suck it. :eaglesuck

the taste of the pudding is in the eating :D

10-6 is 10-6 and 6-10 is 6-10.

I don't remember the Redskins getting any love last year when Brunell played hurt and looked like crap and Coles was suffering from the toe injury.

The ESPN crew was roasting this team week after week for not being able to score points while the reality was that Portis was the only healthy skill player we had on the roster.

As others have said, McNabb was playing with a sports hernia all year and if he wasn't such a tough guy he should've opted for surgery weeks before our game. He was not 100%. It affected his mobility and his release.

But that only would've made our games against him a little bit closer. We still would've won. I mean, he was healthy AND had T.O. last year and we still almost beat them especially if Ramsey didn't blow the game in FedEx.

As others have said, we beat them at nearly full strength, sans The Big Mouth. BUT, the game on Sunday shouldn't have been as close for them to even ask the question. Springs was wrongly flagged and the result was an Eagles TD, when they would have had to try a FG. The refs gave them 4 points.

Easy answer to that question Flex. Tell them if the Eagles had been healthy, and the Redskins had been healthy that the Skins would have dominated them.

Remind them that Brunell was playing one leg, both of our starting corners were out, and that our best run blocker and #2 wr are both on IR.

A completely healthy Redskins team would dominate a completely healthy Eagles team. We would dominate the LOS on both sides, and Gibbs is a much better coach.

This was basically my answer. Not in so many words and not quite so elequently put, but GSF, you answered almost exactly how I answered each time I was asked.

"So, do you think that you guys would have beaten us with McNabb and the rest of our team healthy"?

I work in PA and needless to say, I am the only Redskins fan in the joint. Just about all of my co-workers and friends there are Eagles fans and have been asking me this question non-stop since our victory. I know what you guys are thinking...(gee, it has only been one day). Eagles fans guys...Eagles fans, they are relentless, that is all that I can tell you.

Well, nevermind what my answer was for their question, I am much more interested in what my fellow EXTREMERS answers are to that question.

Uh, I believe we did beat them with their team healthy earlier in the season. Interesting how the Iggles fans seem to forget that. :D

Archived