Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2007 draft: Ohio State WR Ted Ginn

Awesome2

In case you don't know, this guy is a receiver at Ohio State and an absolute beast. He's faster than Santana and has pretty good size. I'm watching him in the Fiesta Bowl and he already has like a 70 yard TD catch and a 70 yard run. He's also a FREAK return man. I watch a lot of Ohio State football and he's unstoppable on punt returns.

He's a sophomore, so he'll probably be in the draft next year, but I'm worried about him becoming a Top 10 type pick.

Here's an evaluation.

Ginn is not faster than Santana

Remember, he's outrunning college players

Ummm yeah, Ginn is faster than Santana. I could almost guarantee that. Whoever said they'd rather have that Samardzija than Ted Ginn is out of their freakin' mind! I remember that we have drafted big NFC East syle receivers in the last few drafts. I think we do need one or two, but the speedsters are doing well enough for me.

He will definitely be top 15 if he goes. (He's a Junior right?) No chance.

You may be confusing him with Santonio Holmes, "the other" Ohio State receiver. Holmes is a junior projected to be a top 15 pick.

Ted Ginn is only a sophomore.

And NorthFlaCane, Ginn is definitely faster than Santana.

Samardzija is proving in this bowl game right now that he is not an NFL receiver. They are playing physical with him and he is dropping everything. I'm intrigued about devin hester from miami who has declared for the draft. He would be sick as a return man and possible as a receiver. I wonder if he will be around in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Ginn is not faster than Santana

Santana was the 100m champion in the Big East when he was at Miami

Watch the Giants game again, those were NFL dbs that Moss was dusting

I'm not basing this fact on him burning some college dbs. I'm looking at how fast he is moving relative to the yard markers on the field, and he is insanely fast. He was almost in the Olympics.

Man, I love Santana, but Ginn is faster. Maybe a little less nimble, but definitely faster.

You may be confusing him with Santonio Holmes, "the other" Ohio State receiver. Holmes is a junior projected to be a top 15 pick.

Ted Ginn is only a sophomore.

And NorthFlaCane, Ginn is definitely faster than Santana.

Wow you are right I thought he was a junior. He is incredible. That would be a great draft pick, but I still believe he will go VERY high, probably top ten next year if he goes. Somehow, I doubt Samardjza (or however you spell it) goes in the raft this year. After that loss and with Weis as coach he will most likely stay.

We got speed with Santana

What we need as a good #2 WR is someone who can catch the over-the-middle stuff and at the same time take some of the double teams off Santana.

If we can get a WR like that, whom ever that might be, our passing game will take a massive leap forward

Ginn is good. I've seen him play before. He about as fast as Santana but I wouldn't say he's faster. Keep in mind that secondary of Notre Dame are colligiate players, not pros. 2007 is too far into the future to think about that.

LOL. You guys need to seriously research Teddy Ginn. The guy has world class speed. Those that are saying he is faster than Moss are not just looking at Ginn run through Notre Dame. The guy has Olympic caliber speed it's been stated over and over.

"the national champion in the 110 high hurdles as a junior and the best time in the nation as a senior when he won the state title for the second consecutive year ... has been timed at 10.5 seconds in the 100 meter dash."

Jesus.....why do people just come up with ideas constantly with nothing but superficial knowledge? Now in the past week I've seen that we should draft Sinorice Moss, Devin Hester and Ted Ginn (next year).

Ted Ginn has a LONG way to go to be a stud WR - even at the college level. Right now he's a sick athlete trying to be a great football player. You can dominate in college on athleticism - and Ginn doesn't even do that from the WR position yet.

Archived