Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just got back from Tampa - 10 observations!

REDSKINGATOR11

I just got back from the game - here are 10 observations that I had:

1) Tampa Bay has no excuse - they were jacked sky high during the first half, as were we (as was the crowd - it was loud as heck during the first quarter).

2) When Trotter hit Alstott on 3rd down in the first quarter and sent him four yards backwards and facing the other direction, I though I was going to pee my pants. You could hear the hit throughout the stadium ( I have never seen Alstott get turned like that). Our linebackers came to play and showed why we think they will be studs working together.

3) It was Hot as Hell. It was so humid, the sweat just poured down.

4) Anyone heard an injury update on Rod Jones (I was sitting about 20 rows above the Redskin bench and the trainers looked VERY concerned).

5) The Tampa fans HATE Rob Johnson with a passion. If I heard one "Rob go smoke a dubie or ride a wave" comment, I heard fifty.

6) Brad Johnson stinks under pressure. The throw that Champ picked off was mindboggling in stupidity. (Good call by SOS to review it - way to go Champ!).

7) The Tampa Fans were very nice, however, I have never heard so much self-defeatism (if that's a word). They almost were pulling for themselves to fail in the second half. Actually Gator Fans used to be a little like that before SOS.

8: Rock Cartwright is a dad gum Weeble Wobble, the fella never falls down. He broke the first tackle every time he got the ball and just rumbled down the field.

9) I went by the team hotel @ the Marriot on Westshore and saw the guys load up for the game. Danny W. looked like he had eaten some blowfish. I have never seen anyone look so green. I was not surprised when I didn't see him start.

10) Finally, stating the obvious - Stephen Davis is a MAN. Don't worry about the running game. SOS will find ways to get S.D. plenty of yards!!!

11) Had to add one more. Ramsey has a better arm than Grossman. He was throwing darts. If he has a good brain, we are ok here too!!!

Hail to the Redskins!!!!

Are there any other posters on this board that live in the city of teams we are scheduled to visit this year. This kind of reporting is essential to the success of this board.

Actually, I was at post #99 and just threw this post up to see if my avitar changes when hitting #100. :cool:

5) The Tampa fans HATE Rob Johnson with a passion. If I heard one "Rob go smoke a dubie or ride a wave" comment, I heard fifty.

The ones I heared were really down on Queezie, too. They really wanted to get rid of Brad, too.

Why can't stadium announcers give the crowd the name of a player who's down? (As opposed to playing some mindless music, or showing some commercial, or pictures of people in the stands, . . . )

Where were you? I was in row M, on the 35 yard line (Redskins' left).

And, are you going to Jax?

I am not a Bucs fan -- in fact, I hate them with a passion that I usually reserve for the cowpies.

But how in hell is Rob Johnson an upgrade over Shaun King? He shows me nothing.

He had that one good half season coming in for Marino when he was with Miami then ......? :toilet:

Originally posted by SkinsThug

I am not a Bucs fan -- in fact, I hate them with a passion that I usually reserve for the cowpies.

He had that one good half season coming in for Marino when he was with Miami then ......? :toilet:

Rob Johnson was never with Miami.

It was Jacksonville and Brunell, not Miami and Marino.

I think you are thinking of Scott(?) Mitchell who had a decent few games off the bench for Miami and then stunk up the joint in Detroit for a few years. Same difference.

R. Johnson (I think) had one decent GAME for Jacksonville as a thrid stringer after Brunell and his backup went out. Somehow that was all the audition he needed. I don't get the league's infatuation with the guy either. Never have.

As big of a blowout as it was, the score was more of an indication as to how poorly Tampa played rather than how well the SKINS played. The Bucs looked awful, tons of mistakes. I'm sure Gruden gave it to them after the game. They better tighten up and play smarter or they're in trouble. Well, actually, in the NFC South, 8-8 might win the division, so they'll probably make the playoffs and then get hammered in the first round, like always

Archived