Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which fired coach is most likely to have a head coaching job next year?

DixieFlatline

The one with the best reputation right now would be Martz. Mariucci had a fabulous reputation after his stint with the 49'ers that has since been tarnished. Tice looked like a man who couldn't get over the hump with his squad.

Martz made the playoffs four times and took his team to the SuperBowl at one point. His stock is the highest out of the bunch.

The one with the best reputation right now would be Martz. Mariucci had a fabulous reputation after his stint with the 49'ers that has since been tarnished. Tice looked like a man who couldn't get over the hump with his squad.

Martz made the playoffs four times and took his team to the SuperBowl at one point. His stock is the highest out of the bunch.

Martz may have the higher stock, but I've never been a big fan of his. I always felt he inherited a great team and didn't really build it. Their defense has gone downhill since he became head coach.

Mariucci took over a bad team and I believe a lot of blame can be placed on management, so the last few years may not tarnish him as badly as one would think.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why on earth commentators are saying the Jim Haslett (fired today by th Saints) will be a hot candidate. Huh? Why?!?! He's been a HORRIBLE head coach.

I think that, of the axed coaches, Martz should be at the top of most team's wish-lists, especially those in need of an offensive turnaround. Norv Turner will never get another head coaching gig in the NFL. My guess is that he heads to the college ranks or becomes an offensive coordinator again. And on the latter, I don't think he's all that special an O-coordinator. In Dallas, Jimmy Johnson was the reason they won, not Norv. And when you've got Aikman, Emmett, and Crack-Pipe, it's hard not to win.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why on earth commentators are saying the Jim Haslett (fired today by th Saints) will be a hot candidate. Huh? Why?!?! He's been a HORRIBLE head coach.

I would agree with that, but I hadn't seen he was fired today and can't find a link. Wouldn't be surprised though.

Sherman, Martz and Mooch should all get jobs, although I could see Mooch taking an OC job. - I think Sherman was a big mistake by the Packers.

I think Haslett will wind up as a DC for a team with an offense-minded head coach.

Capers may wind up in college or as a DC.

Thanks....had to pass this on to my Saints buddy who didn't know about it.

I see you are from the 'Burg. Hope things are still as nice there as they were when I was in school.

Yeah, I'm in the Burg. It's pretty nice here, though if I had my choices of places in Virginia to live, it'd probably be Charlottesville. It's so dead and uninspiring here when the students are gone. Great place to raise a family, though.

Yeah, I'm in the Burg. It's pretty nice here, though if I had my choices of places in Virginia to live, it'd probably be Charlottesville. It's so dead and uninspiring here when the students are gone. Great place to raise a family, though.

Yeah, I hear ya. I grew up 20 mins from there. Although it was nice to visit sometimes when the bars weren't standing room only.

Can you edit a poll? I'd like to put Haslett's name in there.

With Haslett now gone and possibly Herm Edwards, Norv, and Parcells this might be the largest amount of head coaching turnover I've ever seen or at least remember.

Nope, not yet anyway. One year in the late 90's or early this decade; there was 11 openings. Can't remember what year though. Also, I think that many happened once in the 70's.

Let's see:

Chiefs

Texans

Lions

Packers

Vikings

Saints

Probably to have firing soon:

Bills

Raiders

Possibility of a change:

Cowboys- depends on what Parcells what to do

I have to other teams you need to watch. There's tension within these 2 teams and it's possible a surprise coaching change could arise:

1. Falcons- Tension between Coach Mora and Michael Vick. I think things work out but if things don't; the owner will pick the QB that puts butts in the seat; over the coach.

2. Chargers- There's tension between Shotty and the GM. The needless injury to Drew Brees in a meaningless game could lead to Marty leaving.

Also, watch the Cardinals. With 6 openings so far, probably to be 8 soon; Denny Green may want to leave for a better coaching opportunity.

Mike Martz will get a new job. If the Bills fire their coach, Jim Haslett maybe their next coach. Considering noone will really want the Saints job; due to all the uncertainity- I could see Mike Tice going there. Sherm Edwards won't get another job. Without Farve; he does nothing the previous years.

Nope, not yet anyway. One year in the late 90's or early this decade; there was 11 openings. Can't remember what year though. Also, I think that many happened once in the 70's.

Let's see:

Chiefs

Texans

Lions

Packers

Vikings

Saints

Probably to have firing soon:

Bills

Raiders

Possibility of a change:

Cowboys- depends on what Parcells what to do

I have to other teams you need to watch. There's tension within these 2 teams and it's possible a surprise coaching change could arise:

1. Falcons- Tension between Coach Mora and Michael Vick. I think things work out but if things don't; the owner will pick the QB that puts butts in the seat; over the coach.

2. Chargers- There's tension between Shotty and the GM. The needless injury to Drew Brees in a meaningless game could lead to Marty leaving.

Also, watch the Cardinals. With 6 openings so far, probably to be 8 soon; Denny Green may want to leave for a better coaching opportunity.

Mike Martz will get a new job. If the Bills fire their coach, Jim Haslett maybe their next coach. Considering noone will really want the Saints job; due to all the uncertainity- I could see Mike Tice going there. Sherm Edwards won't get another job. Without Farve; he does nothing the previous years.

Mularkey won't get fired yet, and you're on crack if you think Mora is going to leave ATL. Schotty has no reason to go. Neither does Green. He'll get at least another season.

And most of all, I think if there's a retread that will get a job this year, it'd be Herm Edwards. He's better than any of the others.

Here's how I think it'll play out:

Chiefs - Al Saunders

Texans - Dan Reeves

Lions - Ron Rivera

Packers - Brad Childress

Vikings - Mike Martz

Saints - Sean Payton

Raiders - Kirk Ferentz

If Herm leaves NY, he'll go to the Packers instead of Childress, and Childress will go to the Vikings. Martz will then end up in NO.

Mularkey won't get fired yet, and you're on crack if you think Mora is going to leave ATL. Schotty has no reason to go. Neither does Green. He'll get at least another season.

And most of all, I think if there's a retread that will get a job this year, it'd be Herm Edwards. He's better than any of the others.

Here's how I think it'll play out:

Chiefs - Al Saunders

Texans - Dan Reeves

Lions - Ron Rivera

Packers - Brad Childress

Vikings - Mike Martz

Saints - Sean Payton

Raiders - Kirk Ferentz

If Herm leaves NY, he'll go to the Packers instead of Childress, and Childress will go to the Vikings. Martz will then end up in NO.

Hopefully Parcells retires and they get Switzer back in there. :D:D :dallasuck

Tice should get a Job.

Okay, I'll bite. What in Mike Tice's resume would make someone hire him?

His 32-33 record.

The fact that they lost 2 of their last 3 this year when they had the inside track on the playoffs.

The fact that they lost 4 of their last 5 last year and 7 of their last 10 only to luckily back into the playoffs at 8-8. His only playoff appearance I might add.

The fact that the year before that they lost 6 of their last 9 after a 6-0 start to miss the playoffs.

The fact that he got caught scalping his SB tickets.

The fact that he has proven that he can't keep his own guys in check.

Not exactly the guy I want running my team.

Archived