Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Skins, Steelers Could Be "Scariest 6th Seeds In NFL History"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9134651

"Washington has won five straight. Pittsburgh swept its last four games and won in Cincinnati in Week 7. They might be the scariest No. 6 seeds in NFL playoff history.

Over in the NFC, Washington has lit up the scoreboard and is averaging over 28 points a contest during its five-game winning streak. Mark Brunell seems fine after his knee sprain against the Giants in Week 16. However, he faces a defense as dominant as his own in Tampa Bay. But the temperature is sure to be in the 70s, so weather won't factor into the game. This one could come down to which team makes that one big play.

So between the Steelers and the Redskins, it's the six seeds that are making the most noise. No six seed has ever made it to a conference championship game. There's a real possibility that could change this season."

Well, i would be feeling better if i knew the injury situation was fixed with at least Brunell, Shawn, and Carlos...

This is why the cowboys should have lost last week. We wouldnt have to force our starters to play hard the entire game. We are in, and have a great shot at winning, but hey those injuries dont help.

I hope teams take us lightly, i mean we did just barely get into the playoffs...right?

The biggest worry is injuries. If Brunell's health doesn't improve dramatically over the next week, our chances are not good.

Especially if Gibbs decides against bringing Ramsey in.

But the fact is Gibbs has never lost a wild card game so I'll put my trust on that.

Archived