Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So honestly boys and girls....

TC4

Just what did we really expect?

We were depending upon NORV FREGGIN' TURNER to help us win a division title!!!!!

Say that SLOWLY to yourselves three times in a row:

NORV FREGGIN' TURNER!!!!

NORV FREGGIN' TURNER!!!!

NORV FREGGIN' TURNER!!!!

And oh yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :party: :jump:

I totally agree.

It was a classic Norv Turner game complete with the choke job at the end. Four runs in a row when you haven't had any success on the ground all night and no Randy Moss on the field at the goalline?? Typical Norv Turner.

It reminded me alot of his seven year tenure here.:doh:

Can anyone here explain why owners/GM's keep giving him chances as a head coach??

You know, you still have to win tomorrow for any of this to be relevant.

You best hope your team is more focused than its fans are.

What you're really thinking: "I hope the Eagles do what we couldn't this year, b/c if they don't the Redskins are in and we're probably out....unless Carolina does us another favor and loses"

Don't worry, the team will be ready and so will it's fan base, are you ready to watch a meaningless game (Rams/Cowboys) tommorrow?

You know, you still have to win tomorrow for any of this to be relevant.

You best hope your team is more focused than its fans are.

Exactly, why should any Skin fan care about a game that decided our fate in the NFC East title race. What's important about that. Why waste a dozen threads on that the day before the game, becaause the hundreds of threads and thousands of posts this week talking about beating the eagles, just aren't enough for the fan to be focused enough to win.

Why are you on a Skin's message board when the Pokes need to win and their in........ oh yeah :laugh:

The pass to Moss where Collins' arm got held and Moss had to come back for it...

Pass interference in the endzone...

I thought luck was on the Raiders side. I thought they had a chance and could pull it off....

but i have to say that was the most ****ing pathetic display of football on the 1 yard line i have ever seen in my entire life and i'm not even kidding. they have Joey Porter and Randy ****ing Moss there and they're trying to punch it in with some schmoe running back. Why not try something else, oh, I dunno, after it didn't work the second time???????

****ing pathetic...downright pathetic.

The pass to Moss where Collins' arm got held and Moss had to come back for it...

Pass interference in the endzone...

I thought luck was on the Raiders side. I thought they had a chance and could pull it off....

but i have to say that was the most ****ing pathetic display of football on the 1 yard line i have ever seen in my entire life and i'm not even kidding. they have Joey Porter and Randy ****ing Moss there and they're trying to punch it in with some schmoe running back. Why not try something else, oh, I dunno, after it didn't work the second time???????

****ing pathetic...downright pathetic.

The Raiders had the mo' in the second half... but thanks to Coach Choke's play calling.... and some creative replay viewing.... The Giants got the gift wrap win.

Just what did we really expect?

We were depending upon NORV FREGGIN' TURNER to help us win a division title!!!!!

yeah, tonight was ugly...I wouldn't be surprised if Norv didn't even bother to make a game plan for this one, thinking that he's probably going to get fired anyway....

But this game, from playcalling to defense to special teams to penalties, was vintage Norv--a near masterpiece with all the trainwrecky bitterness we've come to expect from a Norv-coached team (the goalline offense after the PI call was a performance worthy of 4 stars) :applause: ...If there was a 5% chance of Norv FREAKING Turner keeping his job past Monday, that 5% cracked up and disintregrated like the leftover ashes of dollar bills burnt in a fire--because THAT is what owners need to learn about having Norv control your team---it's the same as setting fire to your money, dreams, and ambitions of future success in the NFL...The tape of this game needs to be kept in the VCR of every NFL owner as a deterrent to Norv ever finding employment in this league again (except Jerry Jones--please feel free to hire Norv back at anytime)...I mean honestly, the league learned fast enough how to keep people like Ray Handley, Chris Palmer and Rich Kotite far away from the clipboard and headset; why has Turner still been drawing a paycheck?

I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, because Washington still needs to handle its business in Philadelphia to get in the playoffs, and Norv gets to burn the 'skins TWICE in the same year while laughing all the way to the bank....I guess he'll try to retire before he's canned, and will end up coaching high school somewhere.

What you're really thinking: "I hope the Eagles do what we couldn't this year, b/c if they don't the Redskins are in and we're probably out....unless Carolina does us another favor and loses"

Don't worry, the team will be ready and so will it's fan base, are you ready to watch a meaningless game (Rams/Cowboys) tommorrow?

Actually, I'm thinking

"How priceless would it be to watch ES implode if the Eagles win and the Cowboys win. Although it won't happen".

Seriously, to be swept by you guys, then get in as the wildcard leaving you to watch from home would be the greatest gift ever. I really don't think it will happen, I'm not a mindless homer, but the thought gives me goosebumps.

As for watching a meaningless game, I don't mind if we miss the playoffs. Seriously. Although Washington is hot right now, Dallas is hit or miss. We beat teams like KC and Carolina, then get owned by you. (Yes, I said it). That's not the kind of team you see win playoff games with any consistency.

Now, when you get knocked out by Tampa Bay in the wildcard round, are you looking forward to the offseason where Dallas, Philadelphia, and New York will make 5 draft selections before you're on the board?

You're having a great finish to a good season, but once Philly is healthy again (and resupplied through FA and Drafting) and Dallas has another offseason to build, its going to be even tougher to get anywhere in the East.

Unless you win the Super Bowl, making a run to the Wildcard/Divisional round is little more than cheapening your draft selection.

Exactly, why should any Skin fan care about a game that decided our fate in the NFC East title race. What's important about that. Why waste a dozen threads on that the day before the game, becaause the hundreds of threads and thousands of posts this week talking about beating the eagles, just aren't enough for the fan to be focused enough to win.

Why are you on a Skin's message board when the Pokes need to win and their in........ oh yeah :laugh:

Bubba, I'm not saying its stupid to care about the Giants game. I care about the Skins game.

However, and you can't deny this, there have been a good number of posts talking about "Where we are going in the playoffs". And "Dang, if the Giants had lost we're division champs!".

There's no big deal with the fans feeling that way. However, what I said was "You better hope that the PLAYERS aren't thinking like the fans".

Because that would lead to the Skins overlooking Philly and possibly screwing it all up.

Yeah, because all of us unfocused fans just might lost the game for the team. :rolleyes:

As I said to Bubba, my statement was that you better hope the team is more focused than the fanbase. If the team has spent all week thinking about the Division and the playoffs instead of the Eagles, you could be in for a shocker.

Archived