Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can someone please explain this Andy Reid quote?

Tommy-the-Greek

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20051229-124629-8244r.htm

Eagles coach Andy Reid apparently doesn't see his team standing in the Redskins' way, saying, "You guys are going to be in the playoffs, fired up and ready to go. You won't have to worry about me."

Explain that quote to me. Is this something he said Thursday? Is this his way of getting his team fired up to play the Skins? Or is this his way of saying we won't have to play Philly in the playoffs this year? Maybe it is his plea to Gibbs to not beat them to bad and hurt there young guys ego's? I just don't understand his meaning and motive.

I don't know about how you feel, but this Sunday is a playoff game to me. If we lose we go home and watch the rest of the season and wait till draft day. Which by the way is something we have been really good at the past 10+ years.

It is finally time to step out of the stagnated pond of mediocrity and bring this franchise back to respectability. There is one thing blocking our path along this jouney back to greatness and it is the Eagles.

it wasn't said in a sarcastic tone...this was his reply after he was asked to analyze Mike McMahon performance this year.

Reid said that would come after the season and the reporter asked him to comment on his performance thus far again and then Reid said the above quote.

He was more or less brushing off the local media here and trying to get that phone conference overwith.

still an odd thing to say nevertheless

it wasn't said in a sarcastic tone...this was his reply after he was asked to analyze Mike McMahon performance this year.

Reid said that would come after the season and the reporter asked him to comment on his performance thus far again and then Reid said the above quote.

He was more or less brushing off the local media here and trying to get that phone conference overwith.

Okay. That clears things up some. It certainly looked like that quote was just dropped in there out of nowhere, ( which it was actually), and wasn't sure about the context and such. Though I'm still somewhat surprised by what he said and that he said it.

The way I read it, Andy is saying...

I'd love to chat with you guys but, the large pizza, two dozen wings, order of breadsticks, four cheesesteaks, two orders of fries and the coconut cream pie I ordered for lunch just arrived and I gotta go. Oh, and could you bring a bushel of crabs with you on Sunday?

Seriously, he doesn't want to say anything to fire-up the Redskins anymore than what they are. This statement would relax them more than anything else.

I'd love to chat with you guys but, the large pizza, two dozen wings, order of breadsticks, four cheesesteaks, two orders of fries and the coconut cream pie I ordered for lunch just arrived and I gotta go. Oh, and could you bring a bushel of crabs with you on Sunday?

Seriously, he doesn't want to say anything to fire-up the Redskins anymore than what they are. This statement would relax them more than anything else.

Oh thats funny! Maybe his mouth was getting just a little watery thinking about those wings!

that is strange, being that he hasn't said anything in the last 6 years ...

Its all low carb.

Andy Reid is a good coach to say otherwise is ridiculous. I'm not sure what he's getting at here but I'm 100% sure he's not telling his boys to roll over. If that was the case he wouldn't have a job next year because none of his players would respect him.

Andy Reid is a good coach to say otherwise is ridiculous. I'm not sure what he's getting at here but I'm 100% sure he's not telling his boys to roll over. If that was the case he wouldn't have a job next year because none of his players would respect him.

I think we saw a little of his players quitting on him early on. The 90% passing offense brought out a little quit in some of the team. And that was early on with McNabb still around.

This is a perfect example of the media taking a quote completely out of context. Go to the GAME PRIMER link stuck at the top of this board and read the interview with Andy Reid. It comes directly from the PR crew at the Redskins.

http://test.extremeskins.com/test/Eagles2/Trotter.pdf

Reid barely gives more than one sentence replies to questions and it appears that he was rather eager to get the conversation over. The quote in question appears to be in response to a comment by a reporter making fun of his rather curt replies:

On whether he will speak with the Washington media following the regular season:

“You guys are going to be in the playoffs, fired up, and ready to go. You won’t have to

worry about me.”

Archived