Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can someone please explain this Andy Reid quote?

Tommy-the-Greek

The line between winning and losing is very small in the National Football League. Being the home team gives you much more confidence as well.

I ask again, has Reid been watching this team play over the past month and a half? The line between the Eagles winning has been pretty thick. And what was the Eagles home confidence like on Monday night against the Seahawks?

To answer your question, if Reid didn't think the Eagles were going to win, I'd want him fired immediately. Do you think Gibbs thought the Skins would win the final game against the Vikings last year?

And if we look back, Gibbs had a lot of reasons why he would think that the Redskins would beat the Vikings last year. First, the Vikings are a bad outdoor team, especially late in the season. The Redskins had the top ranked defense in the NFC. There were actually significant components of the team that were playing reasonably well. Realistically, can Andy Reid say that?

I'm sure Reid thinks the Eagles have a chance. I think the Eagles have a chance. But to expect them to win would defy reason. And that's true, even if, heaven forbid, the Eagles do win.

Archived