Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

boy, 5-1 is not good enough

bubba9497

if we win, and the giants win.......to be champs

I realize it's not like college ball, where conference record decides the winner, but we could end up with a better division record, and better conference record, but because of non-conference losses not win the NFC East.

:( just kind of crappy

100d86b3.jpg

I'm saying non conference games shouldn't factor in deciding the NFC East Champ.

Playoffs yes, not division

I get what you're saying, but the overall record counting first makes sense to me. It means you should be well rounded inside and outside the division/conference to snag the crown, and some homefield advantage/playoff bye. I don't really like the college conference ways.

Isn't it odd that Gibbs is 0-8 against the AFC since he came back?

You would think we would have won at least ONE game against last year's Browns/Bengals or this year's Raiders.

Maybe it's a sign that our first win against an AFC team would be in the last game of the year? :shutup:

Isn't it odd that Gibbs is 0-8 against the AFC since he came back?

You would think we would have won at least ONE game against last year's Browns/Bengals or this year's Raiders.

Maybe it's a sign that our first win against an AFC team would be in the last game of the year? :shutup:

we should have beaten Denver, beat ourselves in KC, and had the Chargers on the ropes, our worse game was Oakland

if we played them now, we would win IMO

I'm saying non conference games shouldn't factor in deciding the NFC East Champ.

Playoffs yes, not division

Have you ever held this opinion before? Or is it just this year because of the circumstances?

To me, an NFL team is an NFL team and your record is your record.

(And couldn't that lead to a scenario where a 7-9 team is the division champ while an 11-5 team is not?)

Lost too many games we should have won... Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Tampa... we should have the division in hand allready. But we can only work with what we have now.

And as long as we keep winning, the past doesnt matter. :)

Ya know, thats football. We also won games we should have lost. You can break down every game and say; thats what would have changed everything!! Only if we did this or that, but everyone else can say the exact same thing. You cannot take a close game as a should win. It's a loss. Take the seahawks for example... that is a should have lost game... but we won.

But as long as we keep winning, you said it, it dosent matter!!

Oakland game is the one that hurts the most.

Losing at Tampa isn't anything to be ashamed of, especially since we outplayed them and it came down to the refs making the call.

Losing to San Diego isn't bad either. If they were in the NFC they'd be the #1 seed easy.

But Oakland? Ugh. We had them at home too, and yet we get NO offensive touchdowns? Just one would have won the game for us.

Yeah, I hear ya Bubba, except the rules have been pretty much the same for a long time in the NFL.

The game that I keep coming back to is the Raiders. Tampa, San Diego, Denver, Kansas City? These are all good teams. The Raiders? Awful. The Skins were up by 10 at the half and couldn't score so much as one field goal -- AT HOME -- in the second half against a team that has been ranked in the lower third defensively all season long. If we lose on Sunday (God forbid) we will look at the week 11 game as the one that kept us out of the payoffs more than any other. Say what you want about the bogus call in the Tampa game. The Skins had their own destiny in their hands against Oakland and blew it.

Hopefully we'll win our next 5 games and we'll all forget it!

Archived