Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LA Haters need to calm down.

Waleo32

If Lavar comes up big against Philly, I'll still want his selfish, prima donna arse out of town on a rail. Remember this post.

I don't think of him being selfish. He could of caused alot more drama with this contract dispute as well as the fact that he wasn't playing. It had to be frustrating for him and I think he handled it okay. The fact that he might retire than play with another team says enough for me.

Based on... ?

The real funny thing is you have no idea what people in the locker room are thinking. Unlike LaVar, they do their business in-house and not to the media.

Still think he's not crying for attention? Look how the other 52 guys handle things.

Throughout the whole benching saga, you could tell the players wanted Arrington on the field. I haven't heard or seen anything to suggest they are as put out with Arrington as you are.

I m just happy we have the management and coaching staff to make the tough calls.

shoot I was the first to say..holy ****..the coles let go was rough. but when Santana's name came up. I loved it. I remember how much I wanted santana to be drafted. BUt we picked up Gardner 1 spot ahead. But it has worked out well thanks to the new management and coaches. I'll trust them..even if it means our # 1 pick LA will be gone.

Originally Posted by Fan4life

LA is gone..and to be honest. to his own ****iness and being a diva.

Don't worry if LA comes up big against Philly or even in the Playoffs (we better beat Philly). You'll love him. Let me write down your alias so I'll remember your post.

I Agree With You "Waleo32"

I don't think his ability on the field is in question. I certainly don't want to see him cut. However, I DO want to see a TEAM FIRST mentality out of him. If he's not capable of performing such a feat, I don't think he'll be here much longer. Joe Gibbs has encircled himself with "team guys". If Lavar doesn't want to get off the "me first" bus and join his teammates, he'll be finished in Washington. I hope he smartens up.

I've never seen LaVar as a selfish, "me first" type player. He's just a guy who knows he has a ton of talent and he wants to be able to use it in way which helps the team win. When he is cast into rolls and packages which do not best utilize his talent, he gets frustrated, as well he should. He's far to athletic and far to pricey to be a roll player. Anyone who has watched football can see that. It's also obvious he is not a good fit in Gregg Williams D; which I believe is intentional. They don't want to pay LaVar so they create situations for him in which he can not excel. If GW wanted to maximize LA's talent, he'd have him at MLB.

More importantly this is entirely a media driven controversy, stirred up to sell some ragedy news paper. The 'Skins are winning and the Times is annoyed.

really... this is digusting... lets focus at the issue at hand which is philly and the playoff. I understand that we have nothing else to do until game day but this is stupid.

Me, i have always been a lavar fan, but a skin fan way before lavar got here... i will support any Redskin player. Some of you will just have to support our players not as individuals but as redskins.

Really no one knew that coles wanted out until we traded him.

but at least you know lavar is a skin and will alwayz want to be.

No offense, but when healthy, Lavar is that "playmaker". unless you are a football player, a coach, or can do what lavar does, theres is no validity in your statement.

One thing we all know he wants to be here and when he is healthy he will perform to expectation.

keep in mind the past years before gibbs, he couldnt really talk to coaches because they would be gone the next year. Not making an excuse for lavar.

he is the only one left from the dark days of the skins. He be around till now for some reason. because without him we were 6-10 with, with him and no gibbs and team chemistry we were still 6-10. so think about it when you say we dont need him.

He was able to impact with a horrible team, what makes you think that he wont make a impact with a good team.

Based on interviews. Shawn Springs and Jansen talked about it on Monday Night Live. And even SportsNite during LA's benching that the team rallied for him to return to the line up. Would a team rally for a me first player, I don't think so. Like I said earlier some people hold athlete's in there highest regards.

I saw that. Springs also said that LaVar knew what he had to do to get back on the field, contrary to what LaVar was saying to his biggest apologist, John Thompson. I'm sure they do think he's a capable player on the field, but this isn't about that. It's about telling him to finally just shut up and learn to cope when the attention isn't always on him.

Regardless, you can't compare/contrast that situation to/with this one. Speaking out once or twice they can probably deal with because he supposedly kissed and made up with everyone. Two days after their biggest game as a team and this guy is whining like he has the world's worst menstrual cramp, though... ? After being a starter? After playing well? That has to take a toll on the guys. Why then? Why now?

No body on the team had to go through what LA has this season. So it isn't a real good comparison. The only person that comes to mind has to be Ramsey. And to me Ramsey isn't the norm. He might of asked for a trade but no one that I can remember has handle this kind of situation as classy as Ramsey.

Ramsey is doing what a man is expected to do and what a man is supposed to do. LaVar is doing what a child does. Maybe it's the Sicilian in me that has always been brought up to take care of family business in-house, but I can appreciate that far more than some guy crying because his vagina hurts.

here is where I get stuck at.

lets compare M. Washington to LA.

Both drafted same year. I beleive MW was in the 2nd round. But do you all ever hear MW cause any issues or complaints. That is where iM stuck at with LA. it just seem as he is all about KEEPING LA happy. Whether its the contract, defensive schemes, playing time, News article...blah blah. he has something to get deep or make emotional every damn time. It makes no sense. Than you have players like MW that just goes out and does his job WAY beyond expectation. And you dont hear a word from them.

so tell me all who do yo uwant on your team. TALENT anD Potential hasnt gotten us much in years. fyi.

I don't think his ability on the field is in question. I certainly don't want to see him cut. However, I DO want to see a TEAM FIRST mentality out of him. If he's not capable of performing such a feat, I don't think he'll be here much longer. Joe Gibbs has encircled himself with "team guys". If Lavar doesn't want to get off the "me first" bus and join his teammates, he'll be finished in Washington. I hope he smartens up.

Everyone on this board acts like they are buddy buddy with JG and knows what goes on at Redskin Park. You mean to tell me John Riggins was team first? He was an egomaniac and was still the greatest rb to ever play for the Skins. You can't tell me JG has never had me first players. That's bullcrap! Furthermore how is telling how you feel me first anyway? Lavar and Ramsey both have been treated like crap and should be pissed off. Lavar verbalizes Patrick doesn't. I guess a team first player should eat crap all day from the organization and say absolutely nothing. Team first, that's a joke. The politics that go on with this team are fitting being they're in DC with all the other political BS. Just let the boys play ball and if they want to run their mouths a little who cares, nothing he said affects this team!

If your see my other posts. I've been a LA supporter since College. But I have learn and seen how this has turn out.

like I said. there are 3 players with serious issues this season.

LA

Ramsey

Taylor

Guess who is the biggest cry baby. LA. I can list the issues just for this season but I wont. I still wish that LA will stay and wake the F@@K up. but you know..you cant teach an Old DIVA DOG new tricks. key word..DIVA. HE's been a spoiled brat his whole life. And to his defense. He was a GReAT player. but that alone does not warrant you to be put infront of the other 10 men on your defensive UNIT or the other 52men roster. Who is LA..last I check he wasnt healing anyone. :cheers:

HAIL SKINS. bring one home fo rus all. LA or not!~

First off I like being the only one supporting LA in this thread; it's fun. Diva, some of you all are too funny. If LA's diva, who's CP, who's ST, this can go on and on. If CP got benched for Rock how would he handle it? If ST was established and lets say Ade Jimoh started how would he handle it? Hell Shawn Springs got benched for Jimoh how would he handle it? It happen to LA the most popular skin in the area. Think about it, it could have been a lot worse. Like I said if anyone one of you where 3 time pro bowlers and got benched f#ck, if ya'll didn't even see the field, and reporters asking you a rack of different questions how would you respond? Think about it. It's easy to trash this dude but really put yourself in his shoes.

thats what you are not seeing. LA makes it seems as the world of football owes him something since he made 3 pro bowl.. oh for god sake. last I check we had 1 8-8 season with him on the team as the PLAYMAKER. Suer LA does make a difference on a defense when he plays and keep shis mouth shut. but the problem is he feel as he DESERVES to say what he wants any time. Again I will say this. Last I check FooTBALL IS A TEAM Sport. REason RAMSEY didnt speak up. He is a professional. WhicH LA Isnt whether you beleive it or not. ANd last I check The redskins have treated LA to a nice life and given him enough to buy a 20,000 house. I guess life is really rough on LA to do what he does I guess. Sad thing is...I hate that he has all the POTENTIAL to be a GREAT player...freaking great. canyou say Andre Collins again.

here is where I get stuck at.

lets compare M. Washington to LA.

Both drafted same year. I beleive MW was in the 2nd round. But do you all ever hear MW cause any issues or complaints. That is where iM stuck at with LA. it just seem as he is all about KEEPING LA happy. Whether its the contract, defensive schemes, playing time, News article...blah blah. he has something to get deep or make emotional every damn time. It makes no sense. Than you have players like MW that just goes out and does his job WAY beyond expectation. And you dont hear a word from them.

so tell me all who do yo uwant on your team. TALENT anD Potential hasnt gotten us much in years. fyi.

A Marcus Washington for how good he is, isn't the most popular player in the area. B Marcus Washington hasn't had any adversity to go through? So I don't understand comparison. When LA was a 3 time pro bowler you didn't hear sh#t, so why would MW say anything when nothing negative is in his radar? Maybe you can explain...

thats what you are not seeing. LA makes it seems as the world of football owes him something since he made 3 pro bowl.. oh for god sake. last I check we had 1 8-8 season with him on the team as the PLAYMAKER. Suer LA does make a difference on a defense when he plays and keep shis mouth shut. but the problem is he feel as he DESERVES to say what he wants any time. Again I will say this. Last I check FooTBALL IS A TEAM Sport. REason RAMSEY didnt speak up. He is a professional. WhicH LA Isnt whether you beleive it or not. ANd last I check The redskins have treated LA to a nice life and given him enough to buy a 20,000 house. I guess life is really rough on LA to do what he does I guess. Sad thing is...I hate that he has all the POTENTIAL to be a GREAT player...freaking great. canyou say Andre Collins again.

Sorry to tell you Ramsey is the exception to the rule. No body period handles that better than Ramsey. So Joe Montana must have been a punk to because it was well know that he didn't agree with the benching. He wasn't quite about it. But hey Joe's a cry baby. Some of us are getting ahead of ourselves.

Everyone on this board acts like they are buddy buddy with JG and knows what goes on at Redskin Park. You mean to tell me John Riggins was team first? He was an egomaniac and was still the greatest rb to ever play for the Skins. You can't tell me JG has never had me first players. That's bullcrap! Furthermore how is telling how you feel me first anyway? Lavar and Ramsey both have been treated like crap and should be pissed off. Lavar verbalizes Patrick doesn't. I guess a team first player should eat crap all day from the organization and say absolutely nothing. Team first, that's a joke. The politics that go on with this team are fitting being they're in DC with all the other political BS. Just let the boys play ball and if they want to run their mouths a little who cares, nothing he said affects this team!

What is the first thing that Joe Gibbs said to the team last year? If you don't want to be on this team, come see me, and we'll see what we can do. Who spoke up? Who'd we get in a trade? If Lavar has issues with his role on the team, all he had to do was speak with a coach. Instead, he wanted THEM to come to HIM. They owed him. Why did they owe him anything but a paycheck?

Riggins was DEFINITELY a prima donna. No doubt. But aside from making an ass of himself in public, did he really go running to the media about the Redskins' organization and how they are screwing him over (honestly, I have no idea if he did)? I always figured he was too busy hitting on Supreme Court Justices and relieving himself in the White House. :laugh:

LA and PR are both still collecting a paycheck. Nowhere in their contracts does it stipulate that they must start. PR handled the situation with class, which may just be an indication of his superior intellect since he knows he'll be on the trading block and doesn't want to be labelled a "cancer". Lavar inviting a reporter to his home a week before the biggest game of the year to air the organization's dirty laundry DOES IN FACT show his "me first" mentality. He didn't have to do it this week. He could've waited. Even if this interview had no impact on the team, why risk it?

You know what's coming back to me right now? The memory that there was only one player who was cool to the idea of Joe Gibbs coming back to coach the 'Skins. That player was Lavar Arrington. To him, it was just another coaching change, even though other guys who'd been through just as much with the team like Jansen and Samuels were all excited.

I remember wondering at the time why it was that Lavar was so lukewarm, but I have a theory now. Either consciously or unconsciously, the changeover in coaches and defensive schemes has allowed Lavar to blame his lack of discipline on coaching rather than himself. He could even to a large degree question the credentials of those same coaches. Not anymore.

The truth is that Lavar has been exposed as just one more guy who has phenomenal athletic talent, but who has relied almost exclusively on that athleticism rather than his work ethic and dedication to his team and to the game to succeed.

We for the last two years have had a side-by-side comparison of two guys who are just as athletically gifted compared to the others around them - even at the NFL level they are head and shoulders athletically above other players: Lavar and Sean Taylor. The difference? Taylor works his butt off to become more disciplined and play within the scheme. He's even admitted mistakes such as missing the offseason work and says he'll be there next year. Lavar just finds more reasons to excuse his underachieving self, and those other reasons inevitably involve other people.

A Marcus Washington for how good he is, isn't the most popular player in the area. B Marcus Washington hasn't had any adversity to go through? So I don't understand comparison. When LA was a 3 time pro bowler you didn't hear sh#t, so why would MW say anything when nothing negative is in his radar? Maybe you can explain...

This mess all started late in '03 after his new contract.

LaVar hasn't been to a Pro Bowl since Coach Gibbs' arrival. Marcus has. I don't care how many jersey's LaVar sells, he hasn't produced like Marcus.

I saw that. Springs also said that LaVar knew what he had to do to get back on the field, contrary to what LaVar was saying to his biggest apologist, John Thompson. I'm sure they do think he's a capable player on the field, but this isn't about that. It's about telling him to finally just shut up and learn to cope when the attention isn't always on him.

Regardless, you can't compare/contrast that situation to/with this one. Speaking out once or twice they can probably deal with because he supposedly kissed and made up with everyone. Two days after their biggest game as a team and this guy is whining like he has the world's worst menstrual cramp, though... ? After being a starter? After playing well? That has to take a toll on the guys. Why then? Why now?

Ramsey is doing what a man is expected to do and what a man is supposed to do. LaVar is doing what a child does. Maybe it's the Sicilian in me that has always been brought up to take care of family business in-house, but I can appreciate that far more than some guy crying because his vagina hurts.

I'm going to say this one more time I only had a problem with the timing not the content.

If LA's diva, who's CP, who's ST, this can go on and on. If CP got benched for Rock how would he handle it?

Seems to me that CP packed on weight and bought into the system. He was there in the offseason trying to make himself fit a system. He worked overtime to ensure he didn't lose his role on the team.

This mess all started late in '03 after his new contract.

LaVar hasn't been to a Pro Bowl since Coach Gibbs' arrival. Marcus has. I don't care how many jersey's LaVar sells, he hasn't produced like Marcus.

Like I said you can't compare the two. Marcus Washington is playing healthy, LA's not. I mean hell Tiki Barber was better than Edge when Edge was hurt, but that doesn't mean he's a better back when both are healthy.

"The truth is that Lavar has been exposed as just one more guy who has phenomenal athletic talent, but who has relied almost exclusively on that athleticism rather than his work ethic and dedication to his team and to the game to succeed. "

"This mess all started late in '03 after his new contract.

LaVar hasn't been to a Pro Bowl since Coach Gibbs' arrival. Marcus has. I don't care how many jersey's LaVar sells, he hasn't produced like Marcus"

THANK YOU...some of you make it seems as we havent been fair to LA. JG said it simple as above quote. "DONT EMBARRASS THE ORGANIZATION." I guess that exclude LA since he is such a stud, 3 time Probowler..? explain that to this fanatic?

Seems to me that CP packed on weight and bought into the system. He was there in the offseason trying to make himself fit a system. He worked overtime to ensure he didn't lose his role on the team.

He did but wasn't he complaining most of last year though?

"Then that's the difference between you and me.

A man takes care of his business in-house. A child screams to anyone who will listen."

Exactly...a man learns that as he age. LA still think he is the Parade ALL AMerican player he once was in Highschool and expect the same selfish treating. Last I remember he hasnt had a FULL season since 2003yr.

Archived