Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Wayne

GOSKINS_08

how about David Givens??? A bigger (height) receiver that won't cost the $$$$$. Most times a stud #2 goes to another team he doesn't produce. Pearless Price needed Moulds, Wayne needs Harrison. I think if Wayne leaves he won't be the player he is in Indy. Let's go for someone else that will cost a little less but probably produce roughly the same numbers.

I'm not confident on how effective Wayne would be outside of that Colts offense. He has arguably the best quarterback in the league throwing him the ball, and one of the best recievers in the league across the field from him. He benefits alot from being the third most dangerous option. I'm not saying he's overrated like Peerless Price was leaving Buffalo, yet if he decides to leave Indy and test the market. He will be paid more than his worth, and we don't need to pay some astronomical price for a player to simply compliment our #1 reciever, Santana Moss.

In the context of that article he said that. Joe Gibbs sat in Riggins living room and talked him into coming back out of a holdout. If Joe Gibbs wants LaVar back, LaVar will restructure his contract. Bank on it.

Remember, Gibbs has dealt with a lot worse than LaVar. His Qb in the strike year was on work release from Prison. Dexter Manley was suspended multiple times by the league for drugs. This isn't as big a deal as everyone believes. And if Greg Williams gets a head coaching job somewhere else, count LaVar as being back in the mix.

how about David Givens??? A bigger (height) receiver that won't cost the $$$$$. Most times a stud #2 goes to another team he doesn't produce. Pearless Price needed Moulds, Wayne needs Harrison. I think if Wayne leaves he won't be the player he is in Indy. Let's go for someone else that will cost a little less but probably produce roughly the same numbers.

I agree with the sentiment, but not necessarily with the application in this case. Reggie Wayne has proved to be an excellent number 2 WR; in fact, he has produced the highest QB rating in the league on balls thrown to him.

But you think he can't repeat that success with Marvin? Personally, I think Santana draws almost as much attention as Marvin, not due to being on the same plane as Harrison talent-wise, but due to his speed. I think Reggie would flourish here, honestly.

But I agree, I think he won't get paid #2 money. The Colts will overpay him, and if they don't, someone like the Eagles or Chargers will.

The question (and admittedly, I don't have the answer) is can we find a better and more financially sound alternative for our #2 WR spot. I really don't feel David Patten is the answer (as a #2, I love him as a 3), so who else can we turn to? I'm not sure.

I'd like to see a receiver with some size and/or someone who can go over the middle a little more and be a better possession receiver. Wayne, while very good, doesn't necessarily fit that mold.

I think adding another threat in the middle of the field to go along with Cooley really would open things up to our speed, with Moss and Patten coming back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like McCardell signing here for a year or two, especially with Brunnell here. They had a great relationship, and he's never been shy about catching the ball in traffic. He'd be a good inside compliment to our outside speed.

No way the Colts let him go. They'd let Edge go before Reggie.

apparently they might not need with the media feeding all this about wayne being " the other wr" in indy..he might have something to prove..he could leave..remember he is restricted and indy isnt exactly in a cap healthy state, especially with mannings contract going up every yr

are people forgeting we still have patten? What do we do with him? we are going to ahve way too many WR's Moss, Patten, Trash, Jacobs, Farris, then Free agent? If we cut jacobs and farris and bring in the free agent Wr then that would be fine. I know people are going to say about Patten and how he is a horrbile reciever but look at the numbers that moss had thanks to Patten. He kept the double team off of Moss and kept it single coverage.

are people forgeting we still have patten? What do we do with him? we are going to ahve way too many WR's Moss, Patten, Trash, Jacobs, Farris, then Free agent? If we cut jacobs and farris and bring in the free agent Wr then that would be fine. I know people are going to say about Patten and how he is a horrbile reciever but look at the numbers that moss had thanks to Patten. He kept the double team off of Moss and kept it single coverage.

No he didn't. Patten was singled the entire time allowing the safety to double up on Moss. Given that he still couldn't produce. I like the guy personally but I don't see him having a long stay to be honest.

I think we've found what the Pats found that David Patten is best suited to be a #2 guy. As far as Reggie Wayne goes, if he is alowwed to become a Free Agent I would say the Eagles would have to get him. They have more then twice the amount of Cap room then any other team in the league and have a huge WR vacancy. I think Wayne is a disaster waiting to happen. He plays in a great sytem made to create mismatches. He has a hall of famer WR across to him who is still in his prime. He will get a big pay day, but he can't go to a team and be the #1 guy. He is a perfect complimentary guy.

Archived