Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the fact that we are playing IN Philly make you a little nervous?

DCNightHawk

Our last two huge victories were at Fedex with our 90 thousand+ fans cheering us on. Now we have to beat Philly at Philly. Maybe this is just me, but I get a little nervous thinking about playing at Philly, which is very hard to play at. If this game was at Fedex, i would chalk up the victory right now. I am sure we can win against this wounded Eagles team, and do it in a dominate manner, but that thought of playing an away game doesnt sit well with me.

Thoughts?

Im absolutely worried.

The Eagles are a divisional rival...that says it all right there. They wont lay down. They dont have a coach who is 60 mins away from being jobless. This isnt the Cards, Browns, 49ers or Rams. They have some players on D. Granted they may not be fully healthy but they still have a good defensive coor. and they are at home.

If this game was at FEDEX i would be sky high but since it is at the Linc there is no telling how the atmosphere will be and if a fumble here, a botched snap there will affect the game.

If we do lose this game though we will not have deserved to be in the same sentence as PLAYOFFS.

The Eagles will be playing with nothing to lose. 4th and two's will be gambled on time and time again. Trick plays will probably be aplenty. They will most likely be blitz happy and one bad throw that ends in a pick-6 could cost us the game.

I hope Coach Gibbs is motivating these guys like never before.....then Dal game + the NYG game multiplied by the 49er game = THIS SUNDAY's importance.

I just have visions of the Vikings playing at the Cardinals two years ago in the EXACT same situation.

The Cards shocked the world.

By the way a 6-9 team shocked the Vikings last year in a similar situation where they needed a win to get in.....remember who they were????

Julius Peppers running into that kicker last week ruined my New Years holiday. I was going to go out on Dec. 31st and live it up. Now im gonna be living but worrying like no other until Sunday at 4:15pm.

That Friggin' Peppers!!!!!!!!

Im absolutely worried.

The Eagles are a divisional rival...that says it all right there. They wont lay down. They dont have a coach who is 60 mins away from being jobless. This isnt the Cards, Browns, 49ers or Rams. They have some players on D. Granted they may not be fully healthy but they still have a good defensive coor. and they are at home.

If this game was at FEDEX i would be sky high but since it is at the Linc there is no telling how the atmosphere will be and if a fumble here, a botched snap there will affect the game.

If we do lose this game though we will not have deserved to be in the same sentence as PLAYOFFS.

The Eagles will be playing with nothing to lose. 4th and two's will be gambled on time and time again. Trick plays will probably be aplenty. They will most likely be blitz happy and one bad throw that ends in a pick-6 could cost us the game.

I hope Coach Gibbs is motivating these guys like never before.....then Dal game + the NYG game multiplied by the 49er game = THIS SUNDAY's importance.

I just have visions of the Vikings playing at the Cardinals two years ago in the EXACT same situation.

The Cards shocked the world.

By the way a 6-9 team shocked the Vikings last year in a similar situation where they needed a win to get in.....remember who they were????

Julius Peppers running into that kicker last week ruined my New Years holiday. I was going to go out on Dec. 31st and live it up. Now im gonna be living but worrying like no other until Sunday at 4:15pm.

That Friggin' Peppers!!!!!!!!

Fantastic post! Very well said! :cheers:

I know a lot of people making the trip up to Philly to cheer the Skins on. With the state that team is in, with all the drama and losing and what not, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a good number of our fans there

Its amazing the difference between fans of a winning franchise and fans of a losing franchise. A couple years ago there would be so many opposing fans at FedEx games it was almost sickening. Now that we are starting to win games you dont see that as much...many more fans coming out of the woodwork.

Here's to a large and rowdy Skins crowd in Philly!!!

Our last two huge victories were at Fedex with our 90 thousand+ fans cheering us on. Now we have to beat Philly at Philly. Maybe this is just me, but I get a little nervous thinking about playing at Philly, which is very hard to play at. If this game was at Fedex, i would chalk up the victory right now. I am sure we can win against this wounded Eagles team, and do it in a dominate manner, but that thought of playing an away game doesnt sit well with me.

Thoughts?

If we are as good as we want to believe we are, then walking into Philly and coming out with a victory shouldn't be a problem especially with the iggles nicked up. The Bears went to Green Bay and came out with a victory, the Patriots went to giant stadium and beat the living hell out of the Jets. That is what teams that consider themselves playoffs team does. What is teh correlation between the Skins/Iggles game and the examples I gave you might add. The Packers is a division rival with the Bears and the Jets is a division rival with the Patriots (and they are both pathetic just like the iggles this year) and the Bears and the Patriots went in took care of their business. That is what we need to do if we consider ourselves a playoffs team. I personally believe that the Redskins will take care of business and will leave Philly with a 24-9 victory.

Thoughts?

Yes I'm nervous. BUt I'm also hoping enough Skins faithful will make the Trek to Lincoln field and turn that into a home crowd for us.. like so many the past couple years have been at FedEx.

It all depends on how the game starts. If the Skins can take the Eagles fans out of it early.. I'll be much happier. I'd be much happier with out Defense on the field first.

Well, I've been thinking all along that the Philly game could prove to be a bummer for us, but at least two things have changed my feelings...beating the Cowboys & Giants so badly, and hearing Greg Williams state that he's glad the last game will mean something going into the playoffs. He really seems to feel we're up to the challenge this time around.

...oh, maybe I should mention the McNabb & T.O. non-factors! :D

HAIL!

:cheers:

Our ranch boss gave some of the crew the day off Sunday to head up to the game Sunday - (first time that's happened in forever). Oh yeah, the owner bought 12 tickets to the game for us! We'll be loud and proud to see the Skins get back to their rightful position - in the playoffs baby!

Thanks Smokey! Thanks Chuck!

GO SKINS!

Archived