Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the fact that we are playing IN Philly make you a little nervous?

DCNightHawk

I know a lot of people making the trip up to Philly to cheer the Skins on. With the state that team is in, with all the drama and losing and what not, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a good number of our fans there

Its amazing the difference between fans of a winning franchise and fans of a losing franchise. A couple years ago there would be so many opposing fans at FedEx games it was almost sickening. Now that we are starting to win games you dont see that as much...many more fans coming out of the woodwork.

Here's to a large and rowdy Skins crowd in Philly!!!

Does anyone know if iggle fans are fair weather fans? I noticed about 200 tickets up for sale on Ebay, all going for a little less than face value. My own guess is that the stadium will be about 60% philthy fans, 20% redskins fans, and 20% empty. A hostile crowd could be a factor, especially if the iggles score first or take a lead into halftime.

Well, I've been thinking all along that the Philly game could prove to be a bummer for us, but at least two things have changed my feelings...beating the Cowboys & Giants so badly, and hearing Greg Williams state that he's glad the last game will mean something going into the playoffs. He really seems to feel we're up to the challenge this time around.

...oh, maybe I should mention the McNabb & T.O. non-factors! :D

HAIL!

:cheers:

I am confident too that we can win this game. The Eagles are wounded and have their second stringers in. We CLOBBERED the 'boys and the giants but the only fact that is holding me back from pure confidence that we are going to the playoffs is that we are playing in Philly. I think we can win despite this, but it's not going to be as easy as if the game was at FedEx. :eaglesuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck

Im not really too anxious about the game being in philly... With the way tickets are going on Ebay for the game it looks like there is going to be more burgandy and white in the crowd than green...

Believe me when i say nothing would make me happier to see a sea of red at the Linc.... Then its going to be more of a home game for us... haha

Im not really too anxious about the game being in philly... With the way tickets are going on Ebay for the game it looks like there is going to be more burgandy and white in the crowd than green...

Believe me when i say nothing would make me happier to see a sea of red at the Linc.... Then its going to be more of a home game for us... haha

I hope a lot of skins fans buy tickets and it becomes like the Cardinal game, where the skins fans chants are louder than the home team. (I could here the chants of defense for the skins over the TV.. it was loud!). Lets turn the linc into FedEx North. :eaglesuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck

Im absolutely worried.

The Eagles are a divisional rival...that says it all right there. They wont lay down. They dont have a coach who is 60 mins away from being jobless. This isnt the Cards, Browns, 49ers or Rams. They have some players on D. Granted they may not be fully healthy but they still have a good defensive coor. and they are at home.

If this game was at FEDEX i would be sky high but since it is at the Linc there is no telling how the atmosphere will be and if a fumble here, a botched snap there will affect the game.

If we do lose this game though we will not have deserved to be in the same sentence as PLAYOFFS.

The Eagles will be playing with nothing to lose. 4th and two's will be gambled on time and time again. Trick plays will probably be aplenty. They will most likely be blitz happy and one bad throw that ends in a pick-6 could cost us the game.

I hope Coach Gibbs is motivating these guys like never before.....then Dal game + the NYG game multiplied by the 49er game = THIS SUNDAY's importance.

I just have visions of the Vikings playing at the Cardinals two years ago in the EXACT same situation.

The Cards shocked the world.

By the way a 6-9 team shocked the Vikings last year in a similar situation where they needed a win to get in.....remember who they were????

Julius Peppers running into that kicker last week ruined my New Years holiday. I was going to go out on Dec. 31st and live it up. Now im gonna be living but worrying like no other until Sunday at 4:15pm.

That Friggin' Peppers!!!!!!!!

The more and more I think about it, the more I am mad at the Panthers. I could be celebrating right now instead of being worried about thid game. However, If we play like we did the past two weeks, we will win. :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

I am glad I am not the only person feeling this way, I dont care who they put on the field, if the Eagles come out of the tunnel ready to play then there is a good chance we can lose this one.

We are the healthier and the better team, however when we are on the road the games tend to be closer than I like. I am crossing my fingers at this point. One game at a time, one game at a time.

This is the first game all year I've really felt with conviction we're going to win. Sure, before I had a strong feeling predicated by hope, but I just don't see us losing to the Eagles.

Every team that has given us trouble this year has had a good offense. We've had no trouble with bad offensive teams unless you're counting the season opener, and they had a tough Defense(Chicago). The Eagles are a depleted team. We'll win by 10+

Our last two huge victories were at Fedex with our 90 thousand+ fans cheering us on. Now we have to beat Philly at Philly. Maybe this is just me, but I get a little nervous thinking about playing at Philly, which is very hard to play at. If this game was at Fedex, i would chalk up the victory right now. I am sure we can win against this wounded Eagles team, and do it in a dominate manner, but that thought of playing an away game doesnt sit well with me.

Thoughts?

if we cant beat philly we dont deserve the playoffs, Good teams win on the road. no point in going to the playoffs if we cant win on the road.:logo:

if we cant beat philly we dont deserve the playoffs, Good teams win on the road. no point in going to the playoffs if we cant win on the road.:logo:

I agree, If we cant beat a team like the wounded Eagles on the road, what chance do we have beating the Bears or the Seahawks (who are 8-0 at home) on the road. This is going to be our test to see if we are ready for the playoffs. I think we can pass it with flying colors. :logo: :helmet: :logo: :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

The way I see it we'll be playing in tougher atmospheres in the playoffs anyway. We have played in some tough stadiums this season though, and done well in them. Texas Stadium, Mile High, Arrowhead.

I agree with you, but we did lose those games. The Eagles are tough at home, and would love nothing more than to ruin our season in their house.

Gibbs will have the boys ready - It's Smash Mouth Football Time!!!

I agree with you, but we did lose those games. The Eagles are tough at home, and would love nothing more than to ruin our season in their house.

Gibbs will have the boys ready - It's Smash Mouth Football Time!!!

Yup. good ol' smashmouth football!!! :eaglesuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck

I took a friend to the Eagles/Seattle Monday night game and the Seahawks took the crowd out of the game from the very first drive of the game. They went right down the field and scored a TD and the crowd never got back into the game. The Eagles quit after getting down two scores and it was a boo festival from that point on. If we can get a lead on them, we should easily control this game. If we let them hang around it will be more difficult to beat them but we still should win.

Don't be worried, we have Joe Gibbs and they have Mike McMahon.

It should be they sure made Fed ex there home game for a few years. well lots of teams did.

Nervous?? Just A Tad.i've Been Watching The Nfc East For More Years Than

I Care To Rmember. One I Know For Sure You Can Throw The Records Out When 2nfc East Teams Meet,there Usually Dog Fights!!! I've Had A Very Good Feeling About The Skins All Year Long. With Whats At Stake ,i Know The Coaches,players,& Fans Are Up To The Task. The Fact That It's At The Linc,makes It Just That Much Better ,we All Know When The Skins Play The Kind Of Football They're Capable Of We're Though To Beat. I Look For More Of The Same Type Of Ball,we've Seen In Thelast 4 Weeks. This Team Is Peaking At The Right Time,we Win In Phillythis Week,and Don't Stop Playing Until The Prize Is Ours!!!go Skins Go!!!!!!!!

If the Skins can't beat Philly, away, to make the playoffs for the first time in 7 years then I don't think that they would have much of a chance in a wildcard game, away, to advance in the playoffs.

One step at a time. This is step one.

Archived