Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Is Your Favorite Redskins Quarterback Of All Time?

melonhead1959

If I had to pick, I'd say Mark Rypien.

Theismann was a great QB, but I didn't like his attitude too much when he was a player.

Williams was great for a while, but his career in Washington was too brief. He wasn't even the full-time starter for the season he won the Super Bowl.

Jurgenson was a great passer, but never won a title.

Baugh? Well, I never actually saw him play. Maybe he was the greatest - I don't know.

Id probably go with Brad Johnson...I think he got royaly screwed when he was here, and if he would have been here during the Marty year, and not Tony Banks, we couldve made some noise in the playoffs.

"YOU ARE CORRECT SIR"..LOL I thought he was the future of the skins and was p@##*d off when he was let go.Then to have him win the super bowl...If he was playing under Gibbs we could have won a lot more last year and as for this year???Brunell and Johnson would have been a great two qb team.If Brunell is hurt for the season,maybe we could get Testerverdy:laugh:

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Doug Williams! After all the mess he experienced from racist Tampa fans and the way he carried himself after he lost the starting job with the Redskins, he stayed cool for the good of the team, re-gained the position after a fine relief effort and orchestrated the greatest quarter in Super Bowl -- and arguably all of football -- history.

Good ole' Doug Williams :applause:

Beat John Elway, broke so many records in Super Bowl XXII and set history as a redskin QB

:notworthy

First is Billy Kilmer, cause he could drink beer, bust curfew, come in the next day and throw the ugliest TD you've ever seen. Or so I'm told.

But I'd go with Trent Green because my dad and I always thought he was the greatest thing ever when we'd watch him in preseason, and we just knew he'd get his shot. He did, and then he was traded. :mad: But I still root for him when he's not playing the Skins.

I am really too young to remember sonny. I do like him alot. The only way that I can appreciate what he did was watching old footage. So in my limited life experience I would have to go with Joey T as well. Don't think to highly of him as a person, but what a QB. For a small guy, he could really gun it! Williams was good too. The year that Rypien had reminded me a lot of Kurt Warner. It seemed like Rypien never missed that year.

Archived