Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Is Your Favorite Redskins Quarterback Of All Time?

melonhead1959

Doug Williams! After all the mess he experienced from racist Tampa fans and the way he carried himself after he lost the starting job with the Redskins, he stayed cool for the good of the team, re-gained the position after a fine relief effort and orchestrated the greatest quarter in Super Bowl -- and arguably all of football -- history.

Very good points, Doug gave all that he had in that SB effort. The Bronco D

beat the sh!t out of him and basically ended his career.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would have to be Gus Frerotte, I went to Middle school where he did and got to meet him on 2 occasions. That's big when you're 12 and getting ridiculed even by your teachers for being a Redskins fan in Pittsburgh during the mid 90's.

I never got a chance to see either of the poll qb's

I'd say Theisman or Sonny but I can't say that legitimately because I've never really seen them play much. I just love them for what they do now, as well as what they accomplished for the Redskins back then.

To be legitimate, Mark Rypien was my favorite Redskins QB I got to watch play. Danny Wuerfal as well, even though he wasn't that great as a pro. I just love the guy for who he is, and his college career as well. I was also a big Heath Shuler fan and thought he got shipped out too early with out getting a legitimate chance to be the guy. Norv messed it up with him. I remember he single handedly brought us back against the Giants on Sunday Night football his rookie year.

Mark Rypien.

I'm too young to remember any of the other Super Bowl winning teams. The 1991 team was the first one I ever followed. It's also my favorite team out of every sport.

I remember every week after they won (which was pretty much every week) I would tape the front page of the Post sports section to the wall. It was pretty awesome by the time the SB rolled around...

First is Billy Kilmer, cause he could drink beer, bust curfew, come in the next day and throw the ugliest TD you've ever seen. Or so I'm told.

But I'd go with Trent Green because my dad and I always thought he was the greatest thing ever when we'd watch him in preseason, and we just knew he'd get his shot. He did, and then he was traded. :mad: But I still root for him when he's not playing the Skins.

Don't forget, Old Whiskey was usually chunking those TD's with gauze hanging out of his nose after getting drilled through his single bar face mask. Billy Kilmer is not only my favorite Redskin of all time; he is my all time favorite athlete.

:logo:

Doug Williams! After all the mess he experienced from racist Tampa fans and the way he carried himself after he lost the starting job with the Redskins, he stayed cool for the good of the team, re-gained the position after a fine relief effort and orchestrated the greatest quarter in Super Bowl -- and arguably all of football -- history.

I was at a SB party with about 20 people. I was the ONLY Skins fan there and I've never had so much fun at a SB party! I will never forget that game for as long as I live!

Doug Williams is my favorite.

Archived