Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quit the Ramsey Did Great talk

REDPepper

Now I'm not a Ramsey hater, in fact I still believe he can be a great qb in the future and I would be disappointed if we let him go cheap... BUT I am getting frustrated hearing you guys talk him up like he played an amazing game. Keep in mind he did do a lot of just handing the ball off... to me his TD to santana seemed like a bad throw, some say it was great and that only santana could have got it... but the point is ramsey was definently not trying to throw it into that spot... Now on a few plays before that TD, Ramsey missed a WIDE OPEN Clinton Portis deep downfield with no one within 20 yards, that would have been an easy TD, that is a problem. Not to mention in his first, what, two minutes playing the game, he calls two timeouts? Again I'm not a Ramsey hater, or a super Brunell supporter, but do not start a qb controversy and do not think Ramsey is going to play flawless

ramsey called 2 timeouts because of other people. first time out one of the players in the package called went off the field and no one came out to replace him. the second they called a play that they did not have the package for. this all comesfrom joe gibbs himself in the post game press confrence. now i am not a ramsey lover but he did a fine job

the second timeout was definately antonio brown's fault. The first timeout, he didnt like what he saw. But, even if he wasnt trying to throw it where he did, we scored didnt we? He led us on two 70+ scoring drives.

I'm not one to defend ramsey because i dont like his footwork nor do i like his presence in the pocket and accuracy, but I think we have a pretty good quarterback situation right now.

A veteran starter with one of the best QB ratings in the NFC, a solid backup (as good as just about any backup out there) and a rookie getting poised for the future.

I LIKE what Ramsey did today. Maybe you think people are giving him too much credit, but I don't think you're giving him enough.

:eaglesuck

Oh believe me he has my support, he had it today, he'll have it next year, he's got it as long as he's a redskin. I admit I probably should give him more credit for his performance today, but he's getting way too much already.

although the second TO was clearly Brown's fault... as a QB I think it is your responsibility to take control of your players, you're the general, if one of your players doesnt know the play, its your fault...

Now I'm not a Ramsey hater, in fact I still believe he can be a great qb in the future and I would be disappointed if we let him go cheap... BUT I am getting frustrated hearing you guys talk him up like he played an amazing game. Keep in mind he did do a lot of just handing the ball off... to me his TD to santana seemed like a bad throw, some say it was great and that only santana could have got it... but the point is ramsey was definently not trying to throw it into that spot... Now on a few plays before that TD, Ramsey missed a WIDE OPEN Clinton Portis deep downfield with no one within 20 yards, that would have been an easy TD, that is a problem. Not to mention in his first, what, two minutes playing the game, he calls two timeouts? Again I'm not a Ramsey hater, or a super Brunell supporter, but do not start a qb controversy and do not think Ramsey is going to play flawless

What are you talking about, that wasn't a good pass to Moss? Please, he threw it right where Moss could catch it, and he did and scored. People, keep in mind that Ramsey hasn't quite established much chemistry with his receivers because....um.....HE DOESN'T START!! Give the guy the credit he's due, he played a good game, didn't make mistakes and grew up a little bit. He kept his composure (for the most part ;) ), didn't commit costly turnovers, and didn't hang on to the ball for ages like he usually does. Give the damn kid a break.....

although the second TO was clearly Brown's fault... as a QB I think it is your responsibility to take control of your players, you're the general, if one of your players doesnt know the play, its your fault...

i think it's the responsibility of every player to know his assignments. It's no one's fault other than Antonio Brown's that he didn't know what to do.

It is, however, the Quarterback's job to identify such situations. Ramsey did that, and called a timeout.

well he did commit costly timeouts... seriously, if the game came down to the wire, you'd be pissed at PR for spending both of those so quickly...

yes i know in the end moss scored and thats all that matters, but it was underthrown, and not where PR intended it to go

i think it's the responsibility of every player to know his assignments. It's no one's fault other than Antonio Brown's that he didn't know what to do.

It is, however, the Quarterback's job to identify such situations. Ramsey did that, and called a timeout.

fair enough, im not gonna argue that antonio brown didnt **** up, but i just couldnt see that happening with brunell on the field

Brunnell is the starter but as you know Gibbs always wants two strong Quarterbacks. He also won three SuperBowls with 3 different quarterbacks and 3 different running backs. It is the system and not just the Quarterback. Brunnell will be 37 and cannot play a full season next year, lucky he has lasted this long. Ramsey will be the Starter as Gibbs will not throw a season away waiting for Campbell to Mature. Brunnell will be the Back up. Brunnell will reture after next year and then Campbell will be the Backup and we will have two strong quarterbacks at that time again just as we have two prepared quarterbacks now. I think Gibbs like Ramsey just wanted him to Mature. Many say he has been in the league 4 years but he has less start than Eli! Just remember Gibbs knows what he is doing!

Hell we may even make it to the superbowl this year! Gibbs gets on a role just like he did in his first tenure and who knows!

He came in and played like a starter not a backup. What more could you ask for? The timeouts obviously were'nt his fault and the throw to Portis that you're talking about, If my mind serves me correctly he was simply throwing the ball away. I don't think the pass was really intended for CP to catch. The guy played solid ball, enough to beat the top team in the NFC East and argueably the best team, at times, in the NFL. This game was a testament to how well the Redskins can execute on both sides of the ball and should give us all hope of not only making it to the post season but possibly making it to the Super Bowl. Keep in mind we won this game with some key players injured and the team still rose to the occasion and played some very solid ball, IE; Ray Brown. Merry Christmas Redskin fans!

He played better then MB did today period. The pass to Moss was perfectly placed for only Santana. Now the MB bomb was a prayer and Moss made a great adjustment to catch it. I believe we can win with either we're just more conservative with MB because thats what he likes. I believe in both and support both and hope like hell we keep PR..

Lefty dude whats up I met you at the tailgate I was we're the Cooley jersey,black skins cap and baggy skins and representing the F'BURG..

He came in and played like a starter not a backup. What more could you ask for? The timeouts obviously were'nt his fault and the throw to Portis that you're talking about, If my mind serves me correctly he was simply throwing the ball away. I don't think the pass was really intended for CP to catch. The guy played solid ball, enough to beat the top team in the NFC East and argueably the best team, at times, in the NFL. This game was a testament to how well the Redskins can execute on both sides of the ball and should give us all hope of not only making it to the post season but possibly making it to the Super Bowl. Keep in mind we won this game with some key players injured and the team still rose to the occasion and played some very solid ball, IE; Ray Brown. Merry Christmas Redskin fans!

no, my problem with the CP being wide open play is that ramsey didnt turn his head to CP's side for three seconds, and instead threw it away on the other side, despite lack of pressure

Your thread is a disgrace, lighten up and be happy with the win, after all its christmas and we very well may be going to the playoffs for the first time since '99

thanks man i appreciate it. I am VERY happy with the win, i'm not disappointed in ramsey, i think he did a fine job, i am just saying you guys are giving him too much credit too soon :eaglesuck

Archived