Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

portis and 3rd and short

Atown

Dear God. I think CP is proving he is the PERFECT back in this offense. I don't think Davis could have gotten to the outside on Portis' TD run today. Portis block well, runs strong, is patient, evasive, everything Gibbs wants in a back. Let's all be happy he is with us. I don't think, truly, there is another back I would want instead. He has miles and miles of heart.

I don't think Portis is our best short-yardage back. (I think Rock is.)

But I think he's hands-down our best all-around back. He runs. He blocks. He catches. He throws. (Like I said in the game thread, I wonder if he can punt.)

And he's tough. He's not whiney if he's not making highlight reels. He does "what needs to be done".

I was realy nervous with the deal we made for him. But I think we got the better end.

I have always been a fan of Portis but over the two seasons that he has been here, he has made so many improvements. The biggest improvement that I can think of is fumbling. Besides the one game where he lost two, he has held onto the ball pretty well. Not to mention his catching is improved from Denver (this is from memory so if I am wrong, please correct me).

Guest Gichin13
I rather Portis. I like that we have the same first name too. What makes Portis so great is his ability to catch the ball very well. One he get to the edge and you don't get him he gone for 6!

I would rate Portis' hands as a real weak point. He made a great grab a couple weeks ago, but he has quite a few drops. I think that is likely why we run so few RB screens.

That being said, I really like his toughness and understanding of the game. He has a nose for the ball, throws great blocks, and plays hard as hell on every down.

Archived