Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Theisman picks against us again

jwebst1

I just noticed something. Last week all of them picked against us and now all of a sudden Merrill Hoge's pick has been changed from the Cowboys to the Skins. I'm 99% sure he also picked the Colts and now it shows the Chargers.

Big friggin cheater. LOL

No, I heard Merill Hoge on tv a day or so before the game and even hours before the game, and he was saying he thought skins would definently win...

and this is the same son of a ***** that said we would go to the SB early in the year, what a flip flop, he is a skin so pick your team, you assclown

He's a broadcaster, and it's his job. He has to try to be objective. If that is how he feels, then that's what he should state. Homerism has no place in his line of work.

I don't think Theismann watches our games. Like Riggins, I think he views the Sportscenter highlights and makes judgments based on limited information.

There is no way the Redskins coming out of the preseason should have been tabbed as a Super Bowl team.

Now Theismann is basically saying the past two weeks that the Redskins aren't good enough to merely protect their home turf against division rivals that have similar talent? :laugh:

December road games in the NFC East are hard to win.

That's one of the reasons Howie Long thought we were in good position.

I don't think Theismann watches our games. Like Riggins, I think he views the Sportscenter highlights and makes judgments based on limited information.

There is no way the Redskins coming out of the preseason should have been tabbed as a Super Bowl team.

Now Theismann is basically saying the past two weeks that the Redskins aren't good enough to merely protect their home turf against division rivals that have similar talent? :laugh:

December road games in the NFC East are hard to win.

That's one of the reasons Howie Long thought we were in good position.

Similar talent. You must be out your mind.

Similar talent. You must be out your mind.

you are saying the giants are clearly superior? where?

QB- skins get edge over eli. everyone outside of NY can see this.

RB- pretty close. take tiki if you must.

WR- santana is a pro bowler.

TE- if you count cooley as a TE- pretty even.

you dont want to get into D do you?

yep. giants are clearly superior.

****y SOB.

No, I heard Merill Hoge on tv a day or so before the game and even hours before the game, and he was saying he thought skins would definently win...

He changed his pick. I remember looking at ESPN.com and seeing that all 8 picked the Cowboys, then I went back and looked at week 2 and all 8 picked them then too. I mentioned here that they were wrong 16 times.

Either that or ESPN put his pick up on the site wrong and changed it after the game was over. But it did say Dallas 8 times.

Manning's numbers are inferior to Brunell's.

the Redskins offensive line is as good or better than NY's.

on defense the Redskins have better DTs. Marcus Washington is better than any of the Giants backers. Shawn Springs is a better cover man than any of the Giants corners. Sean Taylor is better than the Giants safeties.

on the other side of the coin the Giants have a better and deeper group of receivers while Tiki Barber is that half notch ahead of Clinton Portis in terms of 2005 productivity.

based on what I have seen of the Giants they are a solid team. but they don't have stars across the board. in fact outside of their DEs and perhaps Pierce I don't find any of their defensive unit compelling as guys I would take and substitute for the players the Redskins have on board.

on offense, I am sure Tom Coughlin would trade some of his offensive linemen for ours :)

Eli Manning? Two touchdowns and six interceptions in the last three games?

And people are dumping on Brunell because he 'only' throws for around 200 yards a game.

When the stat of '4 touchdown passes' is listed next to his 175 yards passing, I consider that to have been a very productive day.

Much more so than seeing a guy who throws for 275 or 280 but then throws twice as many picks as TDs.

Let's face the truth. Barber and the running game have bailed Manning out.

Ditto for Portis and the Redskins.

The clear difference is that Redskins fans are willing to admit that while Giants fans seem to think Peyton rather than Eli Manning is their starting quarterback :)

It's obviously superstition. Athletes are superstitious and I'm sure that doesn't go away after you retire. He truly believed the Skins would lose the first game in Dallas and after we won he didn't want to mess with his routine. I would bet he did everything the same from eating the same food to wearing the same underwear.

Manning's numbers are inferior to Brunell's.

the Redskins offensive line is as good or better than NY's.

on defense the Redskins have better DTs. Marcus Washington is better than any of the Giants backers. Shawn Springs is a better cover man than any of the Giants corners. Sean Taylor is better than the Giants safeties.

on the other side of the coin the Giants have a better and deeper group of receivers while Tiki Barber is that half notch ahead of Clinton Portis in terms of 2005 productivity.

based on what I have seen of the Giants they are a solid team. but they don't have stars across the board. in fact outside of their DEs and perhaps Pierce I don't find any of their defensive unit compelling as guys I would take and substitute for the players the Redskins have on board.

on offense, I am sure Tom Coughlin would trade some of his offensive linemen for ours :)

Eli Manning? Two touchdowns and six interceptions in the last three games?

And people are dumping on Brunell because he 'only' throws for around 200 yards a game.

When the stat of '4 touchdown passes' is listed next to his 175 yards passing, I consider that to have been a very productive day.

Much more so than seeing a guy who throws for 275 or 280 but then throws twice as many picks as TDs.

Let's face the truth. Barber and the running game have bailed Manning out.

Ditto for Portis and the Redskins.

The clear difference is that Redskins fans are willing to admit that while Giants fans seem to think Peyton rather than Eli Manning is their starting quarterback :)

Excellent post. Also let's take into account that the Giants don't play well on the road. They barely beat Philadelphia in Philadelphia. They lost to Seattle on the road. They lost to Dallas on the road. They struggled against a very poor 49ers team on the road. They will get smashed by the Redskins at Fed Ex Field on Saturday.

Archived