Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freemasonry

chomerics

You have probably heard over a thousand of them, but why deprive the rest of the ES community?

It's actually only the second Colgate joke I've gotten on here. TODD made a similar one about 8 months ago...but that's been it. It was mercilless when I first decided on going there...

Wait, is taking this thread off topic some kind of Masonic conspiracy!? I vote "yea."

It's actually only the second Colgate joke I've gotten on here. TODD made a similar one about 8 months ago...but that's been it. It was mercilless when I first decided on going there...

Wait, is taking this thread off topic some kind of Masonic conspiracy!? I vote "yea."

SHHHHH!!! you weren't supposed to tell anyone. ;)

I never knew you went to Colgate, I thought you went to Columbia. . . brilliant Liberty, it's even better now ;)

it's all in jest Iheart, but man that was a good one :)

Chom,

I had a Customer this summer who was a Mason/Shriner. I asked him alot of questions about it, especially about the secrecy. He said that basically the only secret was that they didn't talk about thier traditions and history. The only requirment for membership is to ask a mason to join. The candidate has to study in a group taught by a member.

There are no books (at all) It's all memorized word of mouth handed down, and memorizing the history and traditions to recite is the rite of passage. I'm getting ready to join after the first of the year. I'm attracted by the charity work they do with

children in need of medical care and the SIG's (clasic cars) My Grandfather was a member of the "Tall cedars of Lebanon" in NJ back in the 50's, I have his Fez.

Chom,

I had a Customer this summer who was a Mason/Shriner. I asked him alot of questions about it, especially about the secrecy. He said that basically the only secret was that they didn't talk about thier traditions and history. The only requirment for membership is to ask a mason to join. The candidate has to study in a group taught by a member.

There are no books (at all) It's all memorized word of mouth handed down, and memorizing the history and traditions to recite is the rite of passage. I'm getting ready to join after the first of the year. I'm attracted by the charity work they do with

children in need of medical care and the SIG's (clasic cars) My Grandfather was a member of the "Tall cedars of Lebanon" in NJ back in the 50's, I have his Fez.

From what I got from the officer I talked to, he basically said the same thing. He mentioned alot about their charity endeavors, and about how they want no recognition for it, but they will always help a person in need. Something I really want to be a part of.

On the secrecy bit, I'm a knight in the Knights of Columbus, and I've been through a lot of the ritualistic ceremonies before.

What I was hoping to gain from that orginazation was not what the chapter I joined was all about. I wanted to help out with the charity aspect, but the chapter I was a member of was more concerned about having a place to drink cheap beer and b!tch about their wives. I am hoping the Masons are a lot more involved in the charity aspect, and I think they are.

I'm friends with the Knights of Columbus students at JMU, and they told me that they have secret rituals as well as stuff they cant tell, but mostly related to their ceremonies. They otherwise try to do charitable work, which Ive helped them with before.

I always thought the Masons were more secretive than what you guys have been saying, who knew. There is a masonic temple in downtown Harrisonburg, I always wondered what its like in there, cause the outside is rather anachronistic for its time, got like a sports shop on one side and an antique shop on the other, and then this small place for the temple.

So it seems like there is religious toleration in this group, how many Indians (Hindus or Muslims) have joined in the past or recently? Also, is there some age requirement to joining?

From what I got from the officer I talked to, he basically said the same thing. He mentioned alot about their charity endeavors, and about how they want no recognition for it, but they will always help a person in need. Something I really want to be a part of.

On the secrecy bit, I'm a knight in the Knights of Columbus, and I've been through a lot of the ritualistic ceremonies before.

What I was hoping to gain from that orginazation was not what the chapter I joined was all about. I wanted to help out with the charity aspect, but the chapter I was a member of was more concerned about having a place to drink cheap beer and b!tch about their wives. I am hoping the Masons are a lot more involved in the charity aspect, and I think they are.

In town as big Boston, there's probably 5 different temples to chose from. So ask the guy who will sponser you which one will fit your requirements.

The masons is not a drinking organization like the knights...it is about charity and comradery.

I believe the Masons as a group are getting older...as their new inductees are getting fewer and fewer. My father was the grand master of his lodge. He had to do a number of things outside of charity including funeral services, delivery of poinsettas to widows of masons, etc....

You have to be 21. As for Indians and Muslims, I don't know how many have been Inducted recently, but I really don't see why they wouldn't be welcome.

cool, thanks. It sounds like a group I would like to join when I'm older and more settled.

Archived