Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Slightly Embarrased by our fans

Budman05

I have been a diehard Redskins fan for 35 yrs and have to get something off of my chest. Everyone always talks about how bad the Philadelphia fans are so bad. I think the Redskins fan are not far behind. You know who you are. Before this year, I travelled to Dallas wearing my #9 jersey and was never given a hard time, cursed at, or had beer spilled on me.

This is not so when I attend my home team. Week after week, I hear so much vulgar language, our fans challenging the opposing teams fans, inviting them to fight. Some of these Redskins fans are'nt even intoxicated. I have something to say to all of you who fit this description, grow up, be aware who sits around you. THere are families around along with younger kids. This is no way to display your behavior. You may say you paid for the tickets and you can act any way you please....Wrong! Just keep on doing what you do and you may have your season tickets revoked as I saw happen last season to a fan who did not know how to act.

We all have fun with opposing fans, but do not take it to the extreme or go overboard.

You wouldnt happen to sit in or around row 11-15 section 453?

and do you stand during the game and cheer?

just asking?

We should respect younger ears I agree, but adults should take the abuse like men, stay home and watch the game if your not up to it, THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!! :point2sky :point2sky

I have been a diehard Redskins fan for 35 yrs and have to get something off of my chest. Everyone always talks about how bad the Philadelphia fans are so bad. I think the Redskins fan are not far behind. You know who you are. Before this year, I travelled to Dallas wearing my #9 jersey and was never given a hard time, cursed at, or had beer spilled on me.

This is not so when I attend my home team. Week after week, I hear so much vulgar language, our fans challenging the opposing teams fans, inviting them to fight. Some of these Redskins fans are'nt even intoxicated. I have something to say to all of you who fit this description, grow up, be aware who sits around you. THere are families around along with younger kids. This is no way to display your behavior. You may say you paid for the tickets and you can act any way you please....Wrong! Just keep on doing what you do and you may have your season tickets revoked as I saw happen last season to a fan who did not know how to act.

We all have fun with opposing fans, but do not take it to the extreme or go overboard.

How long have you had season tickets?

I will say that it's "buyer beware" when you attend a game.....you never know what you may see or hear. I have been attending Skins games for 35 years as well and things have changed. Crowds and society are more agressive as a whole. The shock factor is almost non-existent anymore....many are numb to bizarre behavior and expect the unexpected. It's not just FedEx. The league has marketed alcohol sales hand in hand with the game day experience....and now it is realizing there is a problem at many venues. No alcohol sales this week at the Jets Monday night game. Vendors being sued at the Meadowlands for serving alcohol to someone who was obviously drunk and then killed someone on the way home. With all due respect Budman....this isn't our father's football stadium anymore....it's a new era with a new breed of fan....I share in your embarassment but I just don't see it changing. One has to make a choice...do they put up with it and accept the boorish behavior for what it is or do they stay home and watch it on tv. I have young children...there are certain games I won't take them to....non-division opponents are generally pretty tame..

I think fans every where should respect younger spectators. I go to Panther football games and they have family friendly section where cursing and drinking is banned and that is where we sit. If anyone is heard or is reported for cursing they are given a warning and the next time they are thrown out. It is strict but that is what the section is for. Now outside of that section you can say what you like. I cheered on the Skins when they were down here for the preseason game and a few fans talked smack to me, but that is part of the game. But when kids are present lets have some good clean fun.

I will say that it's "buyer beware" when you attend a game.....you never know what you may see or hear. I have been attending Skins games for 35 years as well and things have changed. Crowds and society are more agressive as a whole. The shock factor is almost non-existent anymore....many are numb to bizarre behavior and expect the unexpected. It's not just FedEx. The league has marketed alcohol sales hand in hand with the game day experience....and now it is realizing there is a problem at many venues. No alcohol sales this week at the Jets Monday night game. Vendors being sued at the Meadowlands for serving alcohol to someone who was obviously drunk and then killed someone on the way home. With all due respect Budman....this isn't our father's football stadium anymore....it's a new era with a new breed of fan....I share in your embarassment but I just don't see it changing. One has to make a choice...do they put up with it and accept the boorish behavior for what it is or do they stay home and watch it on tv. I have young children...there are certain games I won't take them to....non-division opponents are generally pretty tame..

not that our world isnt differant now - but i havent seen a FIGHT FIGHT (blood flowing people, getting knocked out) since i went to a pre-season game with my dad back in 1980.

it just sounds like the same lame excuse every old generation says about the new generation - "in my day" - "you kids dont know how it's done"

the old timers partyed harder than we do - they invented tailgating and rowdy crowds

not that our world isnt differant now - but i havent seen a FIGHT FIGHT (blood flowing people, getting knocked out) since i went to a pre-season game with my dad back in 1980.

it just sounds like the same lame excuse every old generation says about the new generation - "in my day" - "you kids dont know how it's done"

the old timers partyed harder than we do - they invented tailgating and rowdy crowds

Yes....the old timers did party as well. But I sit in the lower level and have seen at least one fight at EVERY game this year except for maybe one or two...

Saw and was late to try to help break up a fight in the parking lot after the game on Sunday. 2 Redskins fans. :doh: Though I'm not sure that hasn't happened in the distant or not so distant past either. Memory is a funny thing and if you're not looking or on the other side of the stadium, one could miss one.

Yes....the old timers did party as well. But I sit in the lower level and have seen at least one fight at EVERY game this year except for maybe one or two...

there are 90,000+ mice in the cage - they are bound to turn on themselves - the odds are to high!!!!

I watched a guy and his 11 year old son (Raiders Fans) BASH and BASH all the Skins fans around him - he laughed and pointed at us :( - he was asking for it!!!!

nothing happened to him - so there is hope :applause: :cheers:

Saw and was late to try to help break up a fight in the parking lot after the game on Sunday. 2 Redskins fans. :doh: Though I'm not sure that hasn't happened in the distant or not so distant past either. Memory is a funny thing and if you're not looking or on the other side of the stadium, one could miss one.

thats right, i remember that (pissing contests)!!!!

they turned on me too :laugh: :laugh: must have been my scary mask

Well you have the population of a decent sized city in one small area with tons of alcohol and in an emotional environment.

It'd be very ignorant to think you won't run into that. Just because it didn't happen to you in Dallas, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other Skins fans in Dallas. I can guarentee you that it does. I can guarentee you that it happens in every stadium (that opposing fans visit - except maybe AZ, where they just don't care) every week.

However, don't mistake the exceptions for the rule. The vast majority of Skins fans are NOT like that.

Archived