Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: AP: Judge says intelligent design can't be taught in Pa. schools.

heyholetsgogrant

Churches absolutely recieve public money.

When I donate to a church, it is tax deductible, which is essentially a what, 35% matching contribution to the church?

then take into account the fact that the churches themselves are tax exempt, and you get another chunk of change. They don't have to pay taxes on any of thier income.

If that's not public funding i don't know what is.

People get to hyped up over this.

Why can't people see Science, and religion compliment each other. If it can't be explained, you turn to religion. It's the way all things have been throughout all history. I don't know why people just can't accept both. OK, you want to force ID down our throat when evolution is supported and proven. OK, now what's to say that some greater force didn't play a hand in the evolution process?

To bring it all the way back to the start of creation itself. It can be supported that life came from 2 protein strains getting together in a primordial ooze, and creating a single cell organism that grew to us. Now who's to say that those 2 protein strains weren't helped by some greater power?

Doesn't this seem kind of logical where both science and religion can co-exist? If man was created by God, and science was created by man, then God created science, whereas giving man the tools to explain how we came to be.

So, teaching ID in class is wrong. Teach the scientifically proven evolution, then in church, the priest, minister, or whoever can glue the pieces together for you.

I think people just have a hard time dealing with the fact you mutated from a monkey...which mutated from a fish, which originally was a pool of basically snot at the base of an old lava flow.

Why can't people see Science, and religion compliment each other. If it can't be explained, you turn to religion. It's the way all things have been throughout all history. I don't know why people just can't accept both. OK, you want to force ID down our throat when evolution is supported and proven. OK, now what's to say that some greater force didn't play a hand in the evolution process?

To bring it all the way back to the start of creation itself. It can be supported that life came from 2 protein strains getting together in a primordial ooze, and creating a single cell organism that grew to us. Now who's to say that those 2 protein strains weren't helped by some greater power?

Doesn't this seem kind of logical where both science and religion can co-exist? If man was created by God, and science was created by man, then God created science, whereas giving man the tools to explain how we came to be.

So, teaching ID in class is wrong. Teach the scientifically proven evolution, then in church, the priest, minister, or whoever can glue the pieces together for you.

I think people just have a hard time dealing with the fact you mutated from a monkey...which mutated from a fish, which originally was a pool of basically snot at the base of an old lava flow.

Dude, read your Bible!!!

AP: Judge says intelligent design can't be taught in Pa. schools. More to come...

Thank you, if you honestly think Intelligent Design should be tought in bio, I think theirs something wrong with you...this is cearly an attempt to spread Christianity, and force other religions on people.

-Grant

Evolution is relgion too. As long as evolution is taught in public schools there is not true separation of church and state. It takes more faith to believe in evolution than in creation. Just ask all those monkey men walking around out there today.

Evolution is relgion too. As long as evolution is taught in public schools there is not true separation of church and state. It takes more faith to believe in evolution than in creation. Just ask all those monkey men walking around out there today.

Must resist temptation....to respond.....argh...

Why can't people see Science, and religion compliment each other. If it can't be explained, you turn to religion. It's the way all things have been throughout all history. I don't know why people just can't accept both.

Problem with your otherwise very good theory: not everyone believes in God.

The way the world was made. The choice is up to you. Last time I checked Darwin never walked on water.

You do realize that the bible is a book of stories. It was first written during the time of Constantine, and many of the holidays Christians follow are the same as the pagan holidays. Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian, but I have an open mind. There is SCIENTIFIC proof how the Earth was made. It has been documented that there are several things in the Bible that were mis-translated. For one, the story of Judas. Do alittle research and you'll see.

Not back to the evolution thing instead of if the Bible is the actual truth or stories that have been exagerated due to they were never written down until centuries after they happened. What I'm saying is, is it so hard to believe that Darwins theory of Evolution is correct, and , he was guided by a higher power into this discovery? Is it so hard to follow facts that prove we share the same genetic code as a monkey?

Problem with your otherwise very good theory: not everyone believes in God.

True, and to each his own. You may not believe in God, but you believe in something. Even if you believe in nothing, that's something.

I don't think anyone can be deemed right or wrong. As long as you keep an open mind to others theories, and valid arguments.

You mean Jonah didnt really live inside a whale for a coupla days, and live to tell about it?

Eve isnt really some guys rib and she didnt really have a talking snake?

Noah didnt really get 2 of every animal onto 1 boat?

Shocking.

Funny thing about the Noah story. The theory on it is, the flood was probably only in a certain area, and I think it was only 30 different types of animals were involved. Discovery Channel did a good show on it.

True, and to each his own. You may not believe in God, but you believe in something. Even if you believe in nothing, that's something.

I don't think anyone can be deemed right or wrong. As long as you keep an open mind to others theories, and valid arguments.

I dont think it's keeping an open mind to others theories, cause I think a lot of theories are BS and im not going to change MY mind. But hey, they are other people's theories, and they are entitled to them. Im not going to ask anyone to change THEIR mind.

Believe in what you want, but please dont try to force YOUR theories down MY throat, and I'll return the favor. This is what I dont like about the emergence of ID. Its just a slick sales pitch for the same old beliefs. Its trickery.

Funny thing about the Noah story. The theory on it is, the flood was probably only in a certain area, and I think it was only 30 different types of animals were involved. Discovery Channel did a good show on it.

So did everyone but Noah and his fam die? Cause thats what the bible says, if im not mistaken.

I dont think it's keeping an open mind to others theories, cause I think a lot of theories are BS and im not going to change MY mind. But hey, they are other people's theories, and they are entitled to them. Im not going to ask anyone to change THEIR mind.

Believe in what you want, but please dont try to force YOUR theories down MY throat, and I'll return the favor. This is what I dont like about the emergence of ID. Its just a slick sales pitch for the same old beliefs. Its trickery.

umm...I was agreeing with you. Keeping an open mind does not mean changing it. It just means you accept what someone else believes, and they accept what you believe. I'm frickin tired of the religious bible thumpers who cram it down peoples throat. I may be a Christian, but I don't believe every word that is stated in the bible is true. I'm also a Chemist, so I see the scientific side. So before you start to get all crabby at what I said, and thinking I'm trying to change your mind, forget it. I don't do that. I present facts, my theories, and theories from "experts". Give people something to think about.

I personally don't give a crap what you believe. I care about what I believe, and what I can learn from these (I thought friendly-type) debates. So just chill.

So did everyone but Noah and his fam die? Cause thats what the bible says, if im not mistaken.

Scientific studies have theorized and semi-supported that people within a certain area died. Did it affect someone who may have been living a couple thousand miles away. No. So all of humanity was not washed away, and not every animal in the world was in jeopardy.

Seriously, if you have any interest in it, find it from the Discovery Channel...or maybe it was the History Channel. It was one of them. Same channel was also the one that pointed out the mis-translations from Dead Sea scroll, to Bible.

umm...I was agreeing with you. Keeping an open mind does not mean changing it. It just means you accept what someone else believes, and they accept what you believe. I'm frickin tired of the religious bible thumpers who cram it down peoples throat. I may be a Christian, but I don't believe every word that is stated in the bible is true. I'm also a Chemist, so I see the scientific side. So before you start to get all crabby at what I said, and thinking I'm trying to change your mind, forget it. I don't do that. I present facts, my theories, and theories from "experts". Give people something to think about.

I personally don't give a crap what you believe. I care about what I believe, and what I can learn from these (I thought friendly-type) debates. So just chill.

I wasnt getting crappy, I know you were agreeing with me. In that post when I said "YOUR theories" I didnt mean you in particular, i was referring to people in general. As in, people that arent me. I just misunderstood your def. of "keeping an open mind." I took that to mean keeping it open to changing if people badgered me enough with their ideas.

I am very chill. Just watching the San Diego Credit Union Presents The Ponsedia Bowl and enjoying a head cold and the wonderful effects of a double shot of NyQuil. :)

I'm frickin tired of the religious bible thumpers who cram it down peoples throat. I may be a Christian, but I don't believe every word that is stated in the bible is true. I'm also a Chemist, so I see the scientific side.
Part of the problem in dealing with this topic is that it's really a conglomeration of about four or five topics, and it's really hard to keep them seperate. I think that if you were open minded, I could discuss just the science with you -- especially as a chemist -- and show you that evolution has far less of a solid scientific foundation than you currently give it credit for.

But I'd like to ask, if you're a Christian, what exactly is it that makes you a Christian? On what basis do you make that claim? Or is the "may" in your statement "I may be a Christian" an acknowledgement that you aren't sure?

(I'm not attacking, just asking.)

Part of the problem in dealing with this topic is that it's really a conglomeration of about four or five topics, and it's really hard to keep them seperate. I think that if you were open minded, I could discuss just the science with you -- especially as a chemist -- and show you that evolution has far less of a solid scientific foundation than you currently give it credit for.

But I'd like to ask, if you're a Christian, what exactly is it that makes you a Christian? On what basis do you make that claim? Or is the "may" in your statement "I may be a Christian" an acknowledgement that you aren't sure?

(I'm not attacking, just asking.)

I do have a very open mind. Show me the flaws in the theory of Evolution.

And what makes me a Christian is that I believe Jesus existed and was the Son of God. However, I don't think the stories in the Bible are all exact. I believe that with all history that wasn't written down at first, it was embellished.

I also believe that no one religion is correct. I could even make an argument for you that every religion is basically the same in their beliefs.

I'll give you one example. Take Greek/Roman mythology. It's not a secret that they share holidays with the Christian faith. But look at it's structure in general. 1 powerful God, and several demi-gods. Now in Christian beliefs you have 1 god, and levels of Angels. To me, sounds almost the same. Zeus = God, Apollo = Lucifer (before he fell), etc.

Archived