Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Teams in December

bubba9497

:laugh: Why do I have a feeling they will be waiting quite a while?

Surely, you can't be serious.

It's all or nothing this year for the Skins. Enjoy your teams win yesterday, it will be the last of 2005.

How do you figure? We're pretty young on both sides of the ball. And Gibbs has a history of letting good QB talent sit on the bench in relative obscurity for a while.

Jason Campbell could end up being a great QB for us someday. In fact, Patrick Ramsey could still end up being great for us someday. You never know - but they couldn't have a better system to learn under.

You might be loving your Giants now... but aside from Manning and Shockey, most of the talent on both sides of the ball is much older. And Shockey has already displayed as many injuries as he has flashes of brilliance.

Oh, and I wouldn't get too excited over Manning just yet. We saw how Ben Roethlisburger got dismantled in the playoffs last year, after everyone anointed him the second coming of Joe Montana. The Manning family isn't exactly renowned for winning in the postseason.

Here to support you Bubba. :)

Gibbs in Regular Season games that take place in December and January.

1981 3-0

1982 4-1

1983 3-0

1984 2-0

1985 3-1

1986 1-2

1987 3-1

1988 1-2

1989 4-0

1990 4-1

1991 3-1

1992 2-2

2004 3-2

2005 3-0

39-13

Since the calendar has diff number of post Dec 1 games -- a more consistant and acurate record would be of the last 4 games of each year.... it comes out tpretty much the same (40-14) :)

1981 3-1

1982 4-0* (won SB 17)

1983 4-0* (lost SB 18)

1984 4-0*

1985 3-1

1986 2-2* (lost NFCC game)

1987 3-1* (won SB 22)

1988 1-3 (only losing season at 7-9 in first run)

1989 4-0 (finished 10-6 and did not make the PO)

1990 3-1*

1991 3-1* (won SB 26)

1992 2-2

2004 2-2

2005 2-0 (with 2 left)

Bubba you make a good point on here. It is missing the other half though. End of season (if required, if not wait till playoffs) is when JG starts using the plays he has been holding back.

Play calling early season is all about only showing the cards you have to. End of season is when JG lets it all hang out.

Win or lose the next 2 games you know you will see something new.

We all love the blue collar JG football but at the business end of the season when he is (almost) forced to be creative is when you see the best stuff. If our players can execute is a ring or not.

As stated previously though, this season for me is a win. Coach is converting a new generation and every player is a guy I am proud to be associated with. Win or lose we're all 'skins for the first time in too long.

HTTR

:laugh: Why do I have a feeling they will be waiting quite a while?

Surely, you can't be serious.

It's all or nothing this year for the Skins. Enjoy your teams win yesterday, it will be the last of 2005.

Are you for real? You came back off a troll banning just for this?

yeah, I had an issue on that banning by the way....I cant make a joke about the organization?

Geez...

Thin SKINS?

What a coincidence. We had an issue with the way you conducted yourself here. Looks like it worked out about right.

You ask if you can you make a joke about the organization? Hard to say. All we've seen from you is textbook lame trolling. Nothing that qualified even remotely as a "joke." Try making one though, and we'll let you know what we think.

BTW, if you're capable of raising your game even a little---say from the boring unoriginal troll you've proven so far, to marginally entertaining and semi-sentient opposing fan---you might stand a chance of sticking around, losing the avatar and becoming a contributing member.

But based on what we've seen so far, we've not holding our breaths.

I have seen enough. At this point, I do not care if the Redskins fail to make the playoffs this year. This season was a success by my measure.

Gibbs has built his team. The players believe. The owner believes. The fans believe. The hard part of his second tenure is over. It was a pleasure to watch.

Now I am ready for a good solid 7-9 years of Redskins football.

Joo crazy this season ain't over yet. :logo:

Bubba,

Bump for your ego again!

I was thinking this question myself, and you all focussed on the physical points. But I'd like to mention that we cannot underestimate the mental / gameplanning aspects. I was thinking this as I watched tape of the Giants demolish the Cowboys from 2 weeks ago... the Giants and Redskins defense were very similar and both us and the Giants were able to expose a matchup with the left tackle, and I don't think the Giants blitzed as often as well. It looked like we just modified their defensive game plan and got a similar result.

This doesn't explain how our offense is able to score enough points, but I suspect it has to do with how our offense runs, that gets back to the physical preparation. We don't have a cute offense, rather we've got the type of offense where the defense knows what's coming and can't stop it. Raise your hand if you were hypnotized by "run-run-pass" when we were losing.... we're built on execution, and that happens when we can't catch a pass, get called for holding, etc.

But when our offense is clicking like it has, watch out! The defense is expecting run-run-pass and we hit them with a downfield strike. Sometimes teams even get caught off guard on 2nd down runs. Notice how far out of position Roy Williams was when Moss caught the pass to the 1... it looked like he was supposed to be helping out the CB, but he was waaaay out of position.

Bubba you make a good point on here. It is missing the other half though. End of season (if required, if not wait till playoffs) is when JG starts using the plays he has been holding back.

Play calling early season is all about only showing the cards you have to. End of season is when JG lets it all hang out.

Win or lose the next 2 games you know you will see something new.

HTTR

Interesting point, Pedro.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed that we ran both the flea flicker and a wide receiver end around against the Girls.

Maybe we'll see a fake punt and a wide receiver reverse on Saturday. Heck, maybe we'll even toss one to Sean "Decoy" Taylor when he's lined up on offense in the red zone. Ah, the possibilities!

Archived