Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the GIANTS fans are saying...

gube79

those dopes dont even realize that Springs DID play.

Randy is out....now we see why Gibbs has kept father time around (Ray brown) hopefully he feeds off the emotion and can hold his own....Randy being out worries me.

These sound like the typical ****y New Yorkers that we have known to be giant fans. Plax and Shockey are great weapons but if we can put some pressure on young eli and get him to hurry then he may make some mistakes. It all starts with pass rush.

Yeah you are right. It starts with the pressure, and with the secondary. They need to be physical with Shockey and Plexiglass, that will be the keys to victory.

Another tough NFCE battle......I think this one will be another close one.

However, I thought the same about the Cowboys :D

If we play like we did on Sunday (execute, minimize mistakes) and the 12th man has an encore performance......I like our chances.

The key is solid O and D line performances.....if we stop the Giants run (hard to do granted) and pressure Eli and our O-line blocks well.....we win.

If the Giants execute, play good D and Tiki gets to run.....they'll win.

The only real weakness I'm seeing in the Giants and their fans so far is their ****iness......if they think coming into FedEx is a cakewalk and they're looking at the playoffs and not us......they will pay for it.

From watching what you guys did to dallas it is going to be one crazy game,I think in order for my Giants to win the game Eli has to be able to make short pass and hit shockey on corssing patterns over the middle;it is going to come down to ball control from watching what Tiki did last week and from what Tiki did you guys week 8 I feel pretty good I am not being ****y it is going to be a nail bitter like many of the Giant games this year.

Giants 20

Redskins 13

When we played you all did'nt score a point. What do we have to be scared of?

these stats that 44 diesel posted earlier are stunning to me...

eli has thrown 2 TD's and 6 INT's in 3 games this month- 2 of them being home games. and most surprising, tiki hasnt scored a rushing TD away from giants stadium all year. as a team, they have won 2 games away from the meadowlands- against the niners and an OT squeeker vs the eagles backups.

as long as ray brown can fill in moderately for thomas- not an easy task, i agree- these stats look bad for the g men.

eli has thrown 2 TD's and 6 INT's in 3 games this month- 2 of them being home games. and most surprising, tiki hasnt scored a rushing TD away from giants stadium all year. as a team, they have won 2 games away from the meadowlands- against the niners and an OT squeeker vs the eagles backups.

as long as ray brown can fill in moderately for thomas- not an easy task, i agree- these stats look bad for the g men.

This is my favorite thing leading up to gameday all the stats that people throw at you,yes Eli has not looked great the past couple of weeks he has thrown knuckle balls and missed open wide outs;but anything can happen you talk about the Eagle game as a squeeker that is fine with me a win is a win but how about the game in seattle when Feely missed three field goals that could have won us the game,how about the game in Dallas where Eli Marched us down the field to tie the game(even though we ended up losing never even seeing the ball,cause if we had we would have won.we had all the momentum on offense) or how about the Viking game at the medowlands where the Vikings became the first team in history to return a punt a kick off and an INT for a touchdown.Some things just don't matter I am not worried about Eli I am nto worried about playing on the road,but don't get me wrong this is not going to be a cake walk it is going to be a tough fought game where either side will have the chance to win.

Giants 20

Skins 13

This is my favorite thing leading up to gameday all the stats that people throw at you,yes Eli has not looked great the past couple of weeks he has thrown knuckle balls and missed open wide outs;but anything can happen you talk about the Eagle game as a squeeker that is fine with me a win is a win but how about the game in seattle when Feely missed three field goals that could have won us the game,how about the game in Dallas where Eli Marched us down the field to tie the game(even though we ended up losing never even seeing the ball,cause if we had we would have won.we had all the momentum on offense) or how about the Viking game at the medowlands where the Vikings became the first team in history to return a punt a kick off and an INT for a touchdown.Some things just don't matter I am not worried about Eli I am nto worried about playing on the road,but don't get me wrong this is not going to be a cake walk it is going to be a tough fought game where either side will have the chance to win.

Giants 20

Skins 13

A win is a win, but the question is who scares you on the Giants O? The answer is simple: Tiki. Equally obvious is who doesn't scare you based on recent performance: Eli. Yes, he had some good flashes earlier in the season. He did not have a great game against the Skins in the first game though.

No, the main thing about this game is going to be our OTs v. the Giants DEs I think. A close second is going to be Tiki against our D. I don't think we'll stop him from getting 100 (it's possible with our D-Line healthy and playing at home we might get double-digit false starts from the Giants O-Line), but as long as we score 20 I don't think we'll lose. That's not a big statement though. I am thinking we will have a chance with 2 Tds to win the game as long as we can win the TO battle. That's key.

:logo: That's good let the Midgets fan's get all excited and everything. All that will matter will be the score at the end of the game on saturday. I have to watch this game in New York so that should be very interesting...:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

It's a shame you're not actually on the team. The Redskins big mistake this year has been to play with their competition. I don't think the team respected the Giants last time. It's a mistake I doubt they'll make again.

The only thing I worry about is a letdown after all of the emotion of the Cowboys win. Hopefully with the playoffs on the line, that won't be an issue. I am nervous because we've unfortunately converted some of the moronic media.

All that being said, I can understand teams looking past the Giants. This year's Giants remind me of the 2000 Giants. That 36-0 win for the Giants was similar to the Redskins win on Sunday. That's what happens in today's NFL when you look past another team. Coach should probably show some tape of the 36-0 loss to remind the Skins of what happens when you sleep on the Giants. The Giants DEs are the best in the league, and Tiki has been having a ridiculous season (especially at the Meadowlands- two career highs is amazing).

*btw, this is what a post with thought behind it looks like. You might want to try it sometime.

Honestly I have no idea what you're talking about here. The Redskins overlooked the Giants in the first meeting? What? Are you serious? Ok, that was a divisional game at a time when the 'Boys, the Giants, and the Redskins were all vying for the #1 spot in the NFC East and Redskins overlooked the Giants...who had a better record? Excuses, excuses, excuses.

And though they looked uninspired yesterday I doubt the Cowboys overlooked the 'Skins. The Cowboys were standing at #2 in the division with their playoff hopes on the line. The Redskins just straight up whooped their ass yesterday, just like the Giants did two months ago to the Redskins.

There's no way the Giants whoop the Redskins that badly this time around though. Neither team will be overlooking the importance of this game. The Redskins are clawing for a Wild Card berth, and the Giants are fighting for the #2 seed (and the way the Giants play at home, a first round bye coupled with home field for the divisonal round would be huge). Also it's a divisional game, and both Gibbs and Coughlin stress the importance of divisional games.

In the end, I'll go 24-14 Giants, though it'll be a closer game than that final score implies.

Ok and you have Brunell. Unless you put fat ass stewart on your d-line we have nothing to worry about...

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

The most telling stat about this 10-4 Gints team

Home (9, yes NINE, home games):

8-1

29.4 points for

16.0 points against

Away (5 games):

2-3

21.4 points for

22.8 points against

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

this is clearly not the same team away as it is at home, and i think a lot of that has to do with having such a young quarterback getting rattled by crowd noise. His poor play of late can be chalked up to getting tight as they make a playoff run. I love this matchup for the Redskins, when the rematch came during the season, how we're playing, how they're playing and that its at fed ex. I dont like making game by game predictions so thats all i'll say, but its very important for us to come out the way we did against the girls and make a statement early that we are here and ready to punch you in the mouth.

This is my favorite of them all... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"The Skins line is no better : GMANinDC : 12/19/05 12:02 PM

then it was before..Griffin is healthier, but he's not a sacker..Daniels on the Season prior to yesterday..Salivea is also a run stopper..They are not playing much better up front, Dallas O-Line has been injured and is filled with backups..

If you want to look at past games, let's look before the Dallas game and look at the Rams and Cardinals..Teams they barely beat, bad defenses, and they couldn't muster over 200 yards of passing..They have NO passing attack outside of Moss who hasn't had a breakout game since in about 5 weeks..This team has issues..Don't let a very emotion win over Dallas get you guys all scurred.."

This idiot dismisses the fact that Griffin and Salavea will be in there healthy as just run stuffers.....HELLO. Memo to the Giants. YOUR ENTIRE offense is Tiki you idiots. If these two guys are "just" run stuffers don't you think these guys were missed last time around? :laugh:

"I expect this to be a lot like the Eagles game. They will be fired up. If it becomes clear that they are losing or going to lose, they will play dirty, IMO. They are an undisciplined squad, and I think we can expect to see a lot of penalties called on both teams. We need to strike early and often, because they are the type of team that will quit. Like the Eagles, if we let them stay in it, they will take us the distance. Very bad feeling about this game. We usually split w/ the Redskins, and it's really hard to sweep an NFC East opponent, IMO. It's going to be a nail biter."

What is he smoking again? Undisciplined? Will quit?? Play dirty???? :laugh:

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

It's been proven many times this season: get some pressure on Eli (not even necessarily a LOT, just some) and he can make bad mistakes. Eli isn't really the concern. Yes, he does have it in him to beat us with those weapons if left alone, but the real problem with the Giants is one player.

Tiki. If the D can stop Tiki *without* completely selling out to do so, then I think we will win. The player to be feared on the Giants Offense is Tiki.

I'm worried about Randy being missing too, but regardless, it's Osi and Strahan who are truly scary. I hope Chris and Jon get some good practice this week.[/QUOTE]

RT being gone worries me because the running game has been so effective as of late.

Chris and Jon will have the game of their lives this week. I think the key is what everyone has said already. Stop Tiki. Maybe even have Marcus Washington shadow him the whole game. I don't think our offense will light it up this week, but I think the defense stays strong and creates more turnovers. Ladies and Gentlemen: We will eeke one out this week...

Skins: 19

Giants:17

2005 Giants road record / stats.

San Diego, L 45-23

Dallas, L 16-13

San Fran, W 24-6

Seattle, L 24-21

Philly, W 26-23

Record: 2-3

Pts./game scored: 20.8

Pts.game allowed: 22.8

Teams beaten: Godawful San Francisco (2-12), McNabb/Owens-less Philadelphia (6-8)

Just sayin’.

Archived