Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else got their eye on the Aaron Brooks situation in N.O.?

Well thanks for sharing. Sorry to bring it up, I guess Brunell is the answer.

Personally I think this is a logical post. But you have to be careful around here who you bring up about the Skins going after...I once brought up the possibilty of us going after Shaun Alexander and alot of people bit my head off...you know, since Alexander is such a horribly running back and all.

I'm really not sure what the Brunell's future is beyond this season. We know that Ramsey is not going to be here. Then, you have the question as to whether Gibbs would hand over the reighns to Campbell...

It's possible the only returning QB could be Campbell. I hope Brunell comes back but I just don't know.

I'd kind of like to see us go after a relaible veteran as our #2 like a Dilfer/Kitna type. Keeping Campbell as our #3 for one more season seems logical.

Aaron Brooks intrigues me though...he's mobile, he has a strong arm, etc.

Brooks has been behind in games most of his career so his int's are going to be high. I think getting coached by Gibbs would be a wonder for ANY QB.

I wouldn't mind having Brooks for the right price. He may be inconsistent, but look at the talent around him. All he has is Deuce McCallister and Joe Horn. To say that Ramsey is better than Brooks is a joke. Last time I checked Brroks has more playoff wins than Ramsey does. I only endorse having Brooks if he isn't too expensive.

I think it is very important Campbell gets i next year. HE should not be sittting on the bench, hes not getting any better by doing that. HE may be learining the offense, but he is not used to nfl speed yet. He needs in-game experience like eli manning got. He actually needs to get in there to get good

I still think he is an upgrade from a very limited Brunell. I like MB, but he can't make a lot of the throws that are necessary for an NFL QB to make, and he is 36. This season has been terrible for Brooks, but his QB rating is usually around the 78-80 mark and he throws more TD's than picks. Who can blame him this year? The Saints conduct their walk-throughs in a parking lot and some weeks they don't even have the proper facilities to watch game film.

I dont think picking up Brooks is out of the question...I think a change of scenery and good coaching would do him wonders...

All of this stuff everyone is saying about Brooks is like the same stuff that was said about Doug Williams as far as being inconsistent, or a bum...What did Williams do for this team? Not saying it woud happen w/Brooks but the situation is eerily similar!

Just one question. If Gibbs won't start Ramsey because of his penchant for turnovers/picks, what makes you think he'd bring in another QB with the same problem? Not gonna happen...and that's a good thing. If you don't believe it, take another look at their Monday night game with Atlanta. Brooks rolled out on third down and could have run the 3 or 4 yards for a 1st down. What does he do instead? He throws the ball directly to a Falcons' player. Nope, not a guy I'd want to take a chance on. No thanks.

Archived