Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else got their eye on the Aaron Brooks situation in N.O.?

Aaron Brooks has been benched by the Saints this week and there is some sentiment that he may have taken his last snap there. I like this guy, he can definitely get the ball down the field and this is the first year where he has thrown more INTs than TDs. Of course we're still at the speculative stage, but would anyone else like to see him in Burgandy and Gold?

Personally, I think we need to address the long-term QB situation here. I think our struggles at the position are a prime example of what's wrong with our franchise. Brunell is fighting his tail off out there, but he is so limited physically. Ramsey is gone. Campbell is going to take some lumps out there whenever he assumes the starting role, and I don't think it is a good idea to throw him out there to take those lumps while we have a defense that is as solid as this unit or to waste one of the precious few years we have with Gibbs on a rebuilding year. Brooks seems to be a decent fit, offering us some veteran experience as well as some physical prowess. Any thoughts?

brooks is pretty young only 29 great young age for a qb. i always felt he could be the best qb easily. But i dont see redskins get him, we are gonna stick with brunell then hand it to campbell.

Best QB? I hope you mean the best black QB, for the Saints, who wears #8, and graduated from Virginia......

Kinda like telling Evander Holyfield that he was a top 50 heavyweight. "In the world?" "No, in Geogria"

Couldn't Have said it better -- and the boys on the Fox NFL preview show just gave us NO CHANCE on Sunday.....just the way I like it......

:dallasuck

Oh hell yeah...Mid december...dallas at Washinton....Fighting for the playoffs...and they got us as underdogs...I love it. Couldn't have written it better than this....and the pukes have been talkin a little noise..HA! this should be good..Make up for the last 11 seasons GOOD!

Brooks has been perhaps the most inconsistent qb in the NFL as a starter I have seen. One has to question whether the player you see has the capabilities of being the everyday qb of a team that is a credible contender otherwise.

Look what he has around him.. McAllister still? Joe "I babysay Jesus" Horn? That's it. Coaching is subpar as well as the surrounding talent.. I'm not a fan of his but I think in the right situation he would be very successful. I'm also not saying Washington is that situation. As a matter of fact I don't think he'd fair well in Gibbs's scheme.

No to brooks. He has flashes, but is impressively inconsistant. If Campbell still needs more time, I would rather see Patrick in there than Brooks. Ramsey is better than Brooks.

For those of you interested, keep in mind that that is how the rest of the league is looking at Ramsey. They think he has taken his last snap here and are thinking about how he could fit on their team. It will be interesting to see who gets more interest in the market, Ramsey or Brooks.

If we deal Ramsey to shore up some of our defensive positions, I would not make Brooks my choice, as a VET backup. He has been an absolutely ridiculous leader for the Saint's. Granted the Saint's have been displaced from their stadium and their town. But part of being a professional athlete and a Leader on a team is to try to rise above that. This guy is a whiner. A complainer, and most of all a finger pointer. I personally cannot stand him and would be disgusted if we picked him up. If he did not play here I guarantee he would run his mouth.

Archived