Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush allowed NSA to spy without warrants...

Spaceman Spiff

They have ALREADY proven they should not be allowed to have unchecked power. They have subverted our laws when ever possible, and it has destroyed our standing not only in the entire world, but in over half our population as well. If they ever wanted power like this, they have long since showed they are no more deserving of it then I am.

As for the using it in only a few instances, do you honestly believe that they would only use this when it was called for? I mean we are talking about an administration who led us into war based on false intel, they purposely outed a CIA agent, and they have crapped on our rights whenever possible. The last thing they need is more power. :doh:

I also find it funny how you make it a duty almost to give your dragged out tired responses like you know everything and that all of you're answers are completely justifiable..whatever helps your self esteem i guess...

Do people even listen to you anymore?? you blabble on and on and on because you're hardcore anti-bush and jump at the chance to say something about it. I'm sure you'll respond and say something like "great post yada yada" but i'm not worried about you or any other conservative hippies
I also find it funny how you make it a duty almost to give your dragged out tired responses like you know everything and that all of you're answers are completely justifiable..whatever helps your self esteem i guess...

It's easier to attack people then actually debate what they have to say. Doesn't accomplish anything but at least it makes you feel better about yourself. Good for you, I think you should reward yourself with a nice fruit snack.

They have ALREADY proven they should not be allowed to have unchecked power. They have subverted our laws when ever possible, and it has destroyed our standing not only in the entire world, but in over half our population as well. If they ever wanted power like this, they have long since showed they are no more deserving of it then I am.

As for the using it in only a few instances, do you honestly believe that they would only use this when it was called for? I mean we are talking about an administration who led us into war based on false intel, they purposely outed a CIA agent, and they have crapped on our rights whenever possible. The last thing they need is more power. :doh:

Member: 8576

:laugh: just like i said BIG BAD REPUBLICANS :laugh: :laugh:

your whole paragraph is just one big rant about how bush and admin is evil and any chance they have they will lie and subvert.

Is it even possible for them to do anything with noble reasons? Or are they only bent on evil deeds :puts pinky to corner of mouth:

one miiilllllliiooon dollars or bush will take over the world

:laugh: just like i said BIG BAD REPUBLICANS :laugh: :laugh:

your whole paragraph is just one big rant about how bush and admin is evil and any chance they have they will lie and subvert.

Is it even possible for them to do anything with noble reasons? Or are they only bent on evil deeds :puts pinky to corner of mouth:

one miiilllllliiooon dollars or bush will take over the world

"Trust, but verify" - Ronald Reagan

It's easier to attack people then actually debate what they have to say. Doesn't accomplish anything but at least it makes you feel better about yourself. Good for you, I think you should reward yourself with a nice fruit snack.

Quality post, you should reward yourself by not worrying about what I have to say

Chom, it's hard to debate you when you step into a thread and go immediately to your standard Dem talking points "Bush bad, war bad blah blah blah' mode.

For some reason the image of Hitler in that old black and white movie, giving a speech in Munich, hands in the air, hair and spit flying, come to mind with you in that mode

And funny, but for some reason, I can't seem to find any articles about this incident except in blogs. Kinda like trying to find a picture of clinton arrainging stones in a cross on Normandy beach. It just ain't out there.

But here, from a left wing blog no less, in Nov 2001

http://www.thenation.com/docprint.mhtml?i=20011105&s=corn

Days later, Bush ordered senior Administration officials to limit classified briefings on Capitol Hill to eight senior lawmakers. After senators and representatives threw a fit, the White House defended the decision by accusing legislators of leaking, but then backed off.

Remember that? Leaky Leahy comes to mind, with other big mouthed Dems that have never seen a Post reporter they didn't like.

And people wonder why things like this happen

Yet again, for the third time, you add absolutely nothing to the debate, why am I not suprised. :yawnee:

You think my answers show a ****y side well. . .when I have the constitution on my side, and I have the thoughts of great Americans like Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Franklin etc who think the same way I do, then yes, I do come across as ****y. I'm not the one who decided to back a man who purposely led us into a war based on bad intel and propaganda. I am not the one who has stood by and supported the man who was in charge when we lost the WTC, and an entire city in Katrina. I am not the one who is supported an administration who outs CIA agents, who lies to the American public on a daily basis, and who has destroyed our standing in the world, all the while ignoring our Constitution, the document they are hired to protect :doh: :hammer:

When I have the history of my thoughts and words to back me up, when I have the facts on my side, I am confident that I am right. You may think I it's ****y, conceited or obnoxious, but that is only because you have once again chosen the wrong side and fail to see what is staring you right in the face. Instead of having the balls to admit when you are wrong, you would rather just attack the person who is right, but that's OK. I know the mentality people like you, and I know why you lash out at people like me. It is really hard to stare at my words rip them apart, because they are true. It is much easier to just attack me, that way you don't have to face what I am telling you, and you never have to admit you are wrong. Maybe if more people could admit they eff'd up or made a mistake, we would b in a lot better position, but unfortunately, America is full of people like yourself, people who can't admit they are wrong about anything. Maybe one day guys like yourself will change and grow, but I'm not holding my breath, that's for sure.

Days later, Bush ordered senior Administration officials to limit classified briefings on Capitol Hill to eight senior lawmakers. After senators and representatives threw a fit, the White House defended the decision by accusing legislators of leaking, but then backed off.

Remember that? Leaky Leahy comes to mind, with other big mouthed Dems that have never seen a Post reporter they didn't like.

And people wonder why things like this happen

Sarge, like I said before listen to what you are saying. The president was purposely subverting the constitution, the one thing their office is SUPPOSED to be about. Remember these words?

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United states."

Where in there does it say "As I see fit"?

I must have missed that one in civics class :doh:

Chom , the Pres and lawyers feel they are well within the law,and in fact it is his duty under the constitution.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2005-12-19T134746Z_01_

SPI949578_RTRUKOC_0_US-SECURITY-EAVESDROPPING.xml&rpc=22

There were many people, many lawyers, within the administration who advised the president that he had inherent authority as commander in chief under the Constitution to engage in this kind of signals intelligence of our enemy," Gonzales said in an interview with CNN.

"We also believe that the authorization to use force which was passed by the Congress in the days following the attacks of September 11th constituted additional authorization for the president to engage in this kind of" electronic surveillance, he said.

Wiretaps are going to happen. We are just asking for oversight. (The majority of Americans aren't going to give this Cowboy any more power than he has already grabbed.)

How many of these "wiretaps" have been turned down by this court? Any guesses?

In the 23 years this court has existed, they have denied 4 wiretaps total. In fact, these weren't even "denied" they just had to be amended.

Now tell me again how THIS unchecked power is making us safer, and "because the President said so" isn't a real reason...

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/007280.php

Chart

http://www.epic.org/privacy/wiretap/stats/fisa_stats.html

Wiretaps are going to happen. We are just asking for oversight. (The majority of Americans aren't going to give this Cowboy any more power than he has already grabbed.)

How many of these "wiretaps" have been turned down by this court? Any guesses?

In the 23 years this court has existed, they have denied 4 wiretaps total. In fact, these weren't even "denied" they just had to be amended.

Now tell me again how THIS unchecked power is making us safer, and "because the President said so" isn't a real reason...

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/007280.php

Chart

http://www.epic.org/privacy/wiretap/stats/fisa_stats.html

Joe, how's this unchecked?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/18/bush.nsa/

"And that's why this program is very carefully controlled. It has to be reauthorized every 45 days. People are specially trained to participate in it. And it has been briefed to leadership of the Congress, including the leadership of the intelligence committees."

You might try consulting a legal mind instead of a professor of history ;)

How is using the power granted to you grabbing? :D

Archived