Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers had a great game: Best hit too?

Drunken Master III

I haven't heard much on the board about Carlos. I think this may have been his best game as a Redskin. Did you guys see that hit that he put on bolden? That should definitely be on jacked up. This guy is going to be much better than Fred Smoot once he gets his technique down. This guy WILL be a shut down corner in this league. Great draft pick!

:dallasuck

Carlos is looking like the real deal. He's already as physical as Champ was during his second and third season (when I thought he was playing his best football), and his coverage skills and playmaking skills are already very good.

As for the best hit, it probably didn't get a lot of attention on TV but early in the game, when the Cards were driving towards the north end zone (where I was sitting), Arrington ran the ball up the middle and got wrapped up by a LB. Taylor was running laterally across the field and while Arrington was stopped and trying to lean forward, ST put his shoulder into his head going full speed. His head snapped around.

Frankly, I've seen that kind of thing penalized, but either way it was a vicious hit.

I haven't heard much on the board about Carlos. I think this may have been his best game as a Redskin. Did you guys see that hit that he put on bolden? That should definitely be on jacked up. This guy is going to be much better than Fred Smoot once he gets his technique down. This guy WILL be a shut down corner in this league. Great draft pick!

:dallasuck

I think he had an OK game. He got beat on a slant route for a TD which was a rookie mistake (must always take away the inside route when playing man to man coverage on a wideout). Other than that he played pretty good. I agree that he will be better than Smoot with experience and hard work.

this guy is the real deal. He played good defense besides the slant route for a td b/c he was too far off but that shouldnt be hard to fix. I think he we guarding Fitzgerald most of the game, and did a great job at shutting him down. He is playing better every week, and within a couple of years, i think he will be on eof the leagues top corners.

Hes shut down running backs like L.T and Steven Jackson. He picked off drew brees once(really twice). Then picked off that rookie at the end of the game to close it out which is a good sign.

Carlos is a sure tackler

Yea, if theres one person i want on the field to tackle sombody to save my life it would probally be Carlos Rogers or Marcus Washington....probally Marcus Washington but still...

I said it once and ill say it again, Carlos Rogers is the next Champ Bailey for the Redskins. We didnt get ripped off on the Champ Bailey+Clinton Portis trade. It was equal!!!!

Carlos freakin rocks. He isn't even a Rookie in my eyes. His age and profesionalism make him an already stand out player for me. I watched his interview from last week and he seems like a very level headed young man. On the field he shows that he is a true athlete. He could run his own tackling camp he is so text book and he covers very well for a rookie that everyone is gunning for. This was an awesome decision by Gibbs and co. Whoever says our last draft was no good is a silly person to me. I hope he will be a Redskin a long time coming...

To the futue!:cheers:

rookie corners usually have a really tough time adjusting to the nfl. carlos has been NASTY (in a good way). im amazed at how well he's played the past few games. remember, he's a rookie. yea he got beat a couple times, but the cardinals wideouts are also nasty so it's expected. he played an awesome all around game

Actually, Bodlin torched Rogers yesterday over and over. Not sure what game you guys were watching, but in the one I was, Rogers looked like he was totally out of his league. However, he had played very well the previous two weeks.

If you were paying attention, Boldin torched whoever they put on him. Springs included. That guy had a heck of a game. He was the single, lone reason they almost beat us. Rogers pretty much shut down Fitzgerald. (Boldin is the #1, Fitz the #2, but they change sides). Rogers lined up on Fitz more than Boldin.

Actually, Bodlin torched Rogers yesterday over and over. Not sure what game you guys were watching, but in the one I was, Rogers looked like he was totally out of his league. However, he had played very well the previous two weeks.

Actually only time Boldin was really effective is when the d was in zone and when boldin did catch it while rogers was on him it was a sure tackle (against the best running WR). give the man his credit

If you were paying attention, Boldin torched whoever they put on him. Springs included. That guy had a heck of a game. He was the single, lone reason they almost beat us. Rogers pretty much shut down Fitzgerald. (Boldin is the #1, Fitz the #2, but they change sides). Rogers lined up on Fitz more than Boldin.

I'm no expert at coverage responsibilities, but the announcer commented on what appeared to be Rogers' misunderstanding of a certain coverage that allowed Boldin to dash wide open across the middle of the field for a 30-yard gain. Rogers also made the mistake of giving too much cushion on the goalline touchdown pass. And I'm pretty sure Springs lined up against Fitzgerald on most every play.

Archived