Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see

SonnyRules

Wow I have seen that effect before but that was incredibly dramatic. But if you really want to see your entire perceived reality destroyed then you ought to take some psychedlics.

At the very least it proves that our sense of reality is nothing but a construction of the mind. Our mind like most things has limits and flaws in addition to its benefits. I mean, the light spectrum is so big but we can only sense a very limited range of wavelengths. I think flies (or some insects) can perceive ultra violent light (we can't). Can you imagine being able to perceive another color? (some people say they have done exactly that, but thanks to certain type of drugs) .

Wow I have seen that effect before but that was incredibly dramatic. But if you really want to see your entire perceived reality destroyed then you ought to take some psychedlics.

At the very least it proves that our sense of reality is nothing but a construction of the mind. Our mind like most things has limits and flaws in addition to its benefits. I mean, the light spectrum is so big but we can only sense a very limited range of wavelengths. I think flies (or some insects) can perceive ultra violent light (we can't). Can you imagine being able to perceive another color? (some people say they have done exactly that, but thanks to certain type of drugs) .

Psychedelics are nuts. A really cool legal one is salvia. Smoke some, hold it in, and by the time you exale you're in another world. It only lasts for like 5 minutes, but it feels like a whole lot longer. I thought I was a multicolored escalator. One of my friends thought Maynard James Keenan (from Tool) possessed his body, and another thought that he was a zeppelin pilot during WWI.

Of course, nothing can match acid. If you want to meet God, that's certainly the way to do it. That or chug 3 bottles of cough syrup.

That's your eyes trying to "zero" themselves, inadvertently creating a negative (i.e., green) retinal afterimage in the process. The afterimage exactly cancels the pink to the carefully chosen gray background color if you stare at any one spot for long enough.

I don't know that it's any more philisophically important than the wavy mirage created by hot asphalt or a David Copperfield trick, but it's cool.

Archived