Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let Betts Walk?

Tulane Skins Fan

one reason the skins never win consistently is that they let good players go. No Betts isn't a great player but he's good. He has been able to have of 100 yard games when given a chance, he can catch passes out of the backfield, return kickoffs in a pinch, and he doesn't cost a fortune.

He is the perfect backup for Portis and the fact that we don't have to train somebody Gibbs system is a plus. Next year when the Skins make a run at winning the division and a Superbowl, do you really want to be looking for NEW offensive players to fit into the scheme. Betts is a good power back to go with Nemo, who should be ready by next year. The skinds can use this years draft picks on offensive linemen and defensive linemen which is where the Skins have a few weaknesses.

I would give up betts for a 4th rounder. He hasn't shown any real promis IMO, and he is constantly injured. I feel rock is just as good, maybe a little worse than betts. Either way I don't see betts having a positive future with this team. We need guys who we can count on. We never know if betts will be healthy so we can not count on him.

maybe they should get rid of rock instead of betts.I think betts is more of a solid back-up than rock. I do seem to remember that rock fumbles a lot.maybe try nemo against betts for 2nd string.open up the competition some.

All the time...

as in four fumbles in 4 years as a redskin. That ****!!!

It is a good thing Betts never fumbles. He has only done it 4 times in his 4 years as a Redskin.

NFL.com actually lists players stats. It is actually quite amazing how you can look at someones actual performance before you say how they have performed. Its crazy. For example I can say with 100% accuracy that Rock Cartwright has scored 7 TDs in his 4 years as a skin while Betts has only scored 5. How can I say this you might ask...

I checked their stats on nfl.com.

[round of applause round of applause]

I like Betts, but if we can get a 2nd rounder for him, it would need to be considered. I am not sure Gibbs would trade him though. Seems like a hard worker, doesn't complain, and Gibbs gets pretty good production out of him.

I guess I am a little torn, too. I like Betts. But we do need to fix that D-line!!

First off, Betts is NOT a free agent of any kind next off season. He is signed to a five year deal. If someone was to offer a 2nd round pick, I'd take it because it's value for a back-up runner, but as many others have mentioned I doubt any team pays that for him if they were interested.

Before you let Betts go, you need to consider that:

He is our best kick returner;

He has been giving us 10-15 quality carries a game;

Among the backs, he is our best pass receiver;

He'd be less prone to injury if he weren't on the field going full tilt so much;

Rock can't do all those things;

Nemo hasn't proven much at all.

All the time...

as in four fumbles in 4 years as a redskin. That ****!!!

It is a good thing Betts never fumbles. He has only done it 4 times in his 4 years as a Redskin.

NFL.com actually lists players stats. It is actually quite amazing how you can look at someones actual performance before you say how they have performed. Its crazy. For example I can say with 100% accuracy that Rock Cartwright has scored 7 TDs in his 4 years as a skin while Betts has only scored 5. How can I say this you might ask...

I checked their stats on nfl.com.

[round of applause round of applause]

I was just saying that it seems that whenever I see rock with the ball he seems to cough it up. Thats what I see,its not based on facts and figures,its based on what I've seen and experienced. If you go strictly by stats you might think that Pat Ramsey is pretty good with I believe something like a career passer rating of 60 something. But if you look at him play I'd guess like a 30-40% passer rating and I wouldn't even put him on the field if I was the coach to the browns or 49ers. -but thats just my opinion talking.

He is starter caliber...if Portis god forbid got hurt, I wouldn't be to happy with Rock as our starting RB for several games.

I would be very comfortable with Rock starting. rock waits for the holes to open when he is running North and south. CP is getting better at this though.

Oh what is this test the fan base week.

Well, with the Presidential elections only 3 years away, now's the time for a lot of exploratory opinion polls, so that people who aren't running can find out what their chances are, and how well their (non-existant) campaigns aren't doing.

Archived