Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok lets get a grip here (merged)

G-Prime

We ran all over the Rams today.. Wasn't Pittsburg or the Bears. Lets keep a little perspective please. Regardless this is just the type of game we needed to give us momentum leading into the stretch.

We minimized turn overs (1 fumble) and penalties. We played a solid fundamentally sound game. We didn't beat ourselves and we played aggressive.

Umm, we already ran over the Bears this year. I think CP had a pretty good game that day also. :D

I agree though. I'm glad we won but I'm not overly excited. Our passing game,especially the WR part, worries me. We need Jacobs to step up and he didn't show up vs one of the worst secondaries in the league. Very dissappointing.

Also, even though our blitzes finally did get there(vs a decimated Rams Oline),I'm still worried about our pass rush.

Wonder if Big Joe S. makes it back this season??

i think it may be a resulting backlash to all the fairweathers that were on here at the half.

a win is a win - i'm enjoying it. we did earn it.

Oh of course, but it's just kind of stupid when we win, we'll get flooded with unrealistic fans touting how great the skins are and lets be honest we aren't. I'm taking one game at a time.. We play the rest of our games the way we did today, with very few mistakes and we'll be in the playoffs.

We gotta prove we can be consistant and that can all start today.

If we don't find a way to move the ball through the air and spread the field we won't make the playoffs. We will beat the Cardinals next week, but lose at home unless we can open up the field.

AB and Moss Downfield.

That speed would drive a lot of defenses nuts. AB seems to have solved his fumble problems from earlier this year. I'd like to see him get a chance on O.

A win is a win....we did earn it. I dont feel great about it though considering we looked very lackadasical in the first half and commited some dumb penalties....it was the Rams so im not dancing in the streets.....i will take it though....were still alive. NOW we must realize that the Cards are on deck and we will have to play a complete/mistake free game to take care of business....the Rams are a notch better than the Cards....I hope the team doesnt take them lightly....Gibbs needs to fire them up similar to the SF game. Its not a gimmy.

We did great running the ball and not so well passing. The only thing is if we play the way we did today against Dallas or Giants they are gonna own us big time. You have to admit most of the game Brunell stunk.

Also Dallas' D line and Giants aren't gonna let us run over them like that. Remember we played the Rams today. I just think the last month we have really declined and injuries didn't help us.

We need to step it up a lot if we want to make the playoffs.

Yeah, but what about the amazing performance of Tyler Jenkins? Dude had one catch for -1 yard as our #2 receiver.....way to step up.....

....with a few more years he might even be in the positives......

Nice win Skins.....Nice running....way not to wuss out in the 4th.

Tyler gotta go.

They ran the ball for over 200 yds against the Bears in week one Portis always have huge games against the Bears even if they played the Bears right now Portis would have a huge day. Didn't they shred the Bucs defense with the run who is pretty good against the run? This team can run the ball against anyone when the OL blocks like they did .

This is what I'm talking about being realistic.. The bears we beat aren't the same bears they are now. We'd have a tough tough time against them.

No, it WAS the same team, we had a tough time against them. 9 Points. Below their season average. Would not relent on defense. And their QB made "just enough plays" by scoring that TD. That Marshall INT was huge.

With all that said, we gotta pick up our passing and playcalling, but this was a legit win against a team that plays hard at home. Remember Tampa Bay? A reeling team with a hurt RB and a rookie QB? We should have done the same damn thing against them; shut down their passing game. Alas we only won one. Obviously there were differences between the two matchups, but I am really excited about this win. Bring on Zona.

We ran all over the Rams today.. Wasn't Pittsburg or the Bears. Lets keep a little perspective please. Regardless this is just the type of game we needed to give us momentum leading into the stretch.

We minimized turn overs (1 fumble) and penalties. We played a solid fundamentally sound game. We didn't beat ourselves and we played aggressive.

Well said, every word.

Yeah, but what about the amazing performance of Tyler Jenkins? Dude had one catch for -1 yard as our #2 receiver.....way to step up.....

....with a few more years he might even be in the positives......

Nice win Skins.....Nice running....way not to wuss out in the 4th.

Tyler gotta go.

It's Taylor Jacobs!

Agreed. The Rams are probably the most hurt team in the league. Come on, a first time starter at QB, and they still were in the game in the 4thQtr. Brunell just doesn't have it, and as soon as Gibbs realizes this, we can look forward to beating the teams we should, and have a heck of a chance against the best. I love a win, but it wasn't a great performance considering the condition the Rams are in.

Archived