Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is torry holt a hall of famer?

rams#1fan

Yes or no vote now.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/rec.htm

That is where Torry Holt stands currently, in terms of all-time leaders in receptions. In the three years prior to this one, he has averaged just over 100 receptions per season. He has 586 currently, and he should reach 600 by the end of the year.

He is, however, 29 years of age, and he has hit his peak. If he can keep up this pace for the next 4 years or so, and hits the magic 800, then he has a good shot.

I think the Rams will have to make some noise in the playoffs however, before he ends his career.

Not yet, which is why i said no. In about 5-7 years, i'd probably say yes, considering he keeps playing as well as he has been for the past 4 years.

* By the way, rams#1fan- you spelled Torry Holts name wrong in your poll title. :). I dont think Torru Holt is going anywhere. :laugh:

There are only a handful of players throughout the course of NFL history that were Canton material in their 20's and Torry Holt is not one of them. Forget if he can do this or that for the next, x amount of years, look at it like Gale Sayers, if the player was forced to retire in his prime would he be a HOF'er.

In the last 25 years the only players I can think of are Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor and maybe Peyton Manning.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived