Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 1999 Playoff run

Stephenva79

which coach would you like to see in D.C if Gibbs steeped down  

62 members have voted

1. 1. which coach would you like to see in D.C if Gibbs steeped down

I remeber that game like it was yesterday. Turk snapped a terrible snap we had an easy field goal which was screwed. For days i wrote the redskins website telling Turk how ashamed of himself he should be. 2 years later the man died of cancer i believe. and i later regret all the emails i wrote to him.

I remeber that game like it was yesterday. Turk snapped a terrible snap we had an easy field goal which was screwed. For days i wrote the redskins website telling Turk how ashamed of himself he should be. 2 years later the man died of cancer i believe. and i later regret all the emails i wrote to him.

He should have been ashamed, but you shouldn't have given him cancer, that's a bit much. :D

I remember the Lions stomped us in the regular season, but we stomped them in the playoffs. Brad Johnson body slammed some big defensive lineman! Stephen Davis got over 100 with some major injury (everyone was wearing t-shirts that said "believe in Stephen"). Man that season was fun.

By the way: Did anybody notice? Brad Johnson is 4-0 this year and Stephen Davis has scored 12 TDs. And both have played in Super Bowls since they left. We should have kept those guys around.

The only thing Matt & Dan Turk was releave Conway from having to take the fall. Conway didn't have the leg for a 51 yarder anyway.

I think He was 50-50 from that distance in 1999.

I remember seeing on Sports Center the week after that divisional against the buccs. That if we had won threw to the NFC championship game to play the unstopable Rams, we would have done so without Stephn Davis or Brad Johnson due to injury. Probably good thing we lost that divisional, cos that championship game would have been an embarrassing blood bath.

By the way: Did anybody notice? Brad Johnson is 4-0 this year and Stephen Davis has scored 12 TDs. And both have played in Super Bowls since they left. We should have kept those guys around.

I was soooo pissed when we let Johnson go....Davis I wasnt that pissed about. He has only played one full season with the panthers...he's good but quite injury prone.

I will always remember the Bucs game for one solid reason: I lost my virginity the day of that game. I was 16 and my girlfriend and I decided if the Redskins won the game we would have sex to celebrate. The 'Skins lost, but we were both so upset we decided to have sex to make ourselves feel better. While I did feel better, I feel I may have cursed the Skins in some small way. None the less, I am proud to say the Redskins playoff run of '99 will always be part of my "lost my virginity" story.

I was soooo pissed when we let Johnson go....Davis I wasnt that pissed about. He has only played one full season with the panthers...he's good but quite injury prone.

Unfortunately, we didn't exactly "let" Johnson go. Brad was determined to leave because of Snyder's meddling. He felt unwanted here, and unappreciated. We lost the best QB we've had since the 80s. As you know, he went on to win a SB with TB. And now he's bringing the Vikes back to life, to compete with us for the last wildcard spot. Thanks Dan!

Actually Turk died less than a year later. Apparently his condition was fairly advanced when he was playing for us. By the time of the Bucs game, most normal people in his condition would have been barely able to walk let alone play professional football. It stinks the way we all felt about him after that game, but who knew?

Did that season even take place?

I just remember the first month where we scoring points at an insane clip and there was talk of who had the better offense - Rams or 'Skins?

I get mad about that season, because it should have been the jumping off point to a great run. But then Snyder tried to play mad scientist in the off-season and 2000 happened.

There was a pretty solid core group of guys in '99. They should have had a 3 or 4 year run.

I will always remember the Bucs game for one solid reason: I lost my virginity the day of that game. I was 16 and my girlfriend and I decided if the Redskins won the game we would have sex to celebrate. The 'Skins lost, but we were both so upset we decided to have sex to make ourselves feel better. While I did feel better, I feel I may have cursed the Skins in some small way. None the less, I am proud to say the Redskins playoff run of '99 will always be part of my "lost my virginity" story.

TMI :ahhhhh:

Actually, if I remember correctly, the field goal wasn't exactly an easy one. I think it was somewhere between 48 and 53 yards, certainly not a gimme.

What I remember about the playoff game against Tampa was that ridiculous forward fumble that Warrick Dunn had. When he fumbled, the ball rolled like ten yards down field and he recovered it for a first down, keeping a key drive alive for the Bucs. That sucked. However, it serves as yet another example of the bad luck that has haunted this team for the last 10+ years.

Archived